The Day After Tomorrow

Tools    

http://www.thedayaftertomorrowmovie.com/

This film, looks amazing, it is my new most anticipated flick. It just looks amazing. Let me know what ya'll think of the trailer, it was also on Matrix Rev. Look for it on Memorial Day (US) 28 May 2004 (WorldWide). It is starring, Dennis Quaid, and My Favorite Donnie Darko (Jake Gyllenhaal)

Production Images, and Teaser Poster

Linkin Park Forums

Affordable and Reliable Web Designs and Hosting

Portfolio!!
www.MeteoraStudios.com
www.DigitalEinstein.com
www.LinkinParkForums.com

It was beauty killed the beast.
Kong wasn't impressed. Looks just like Independence Day only they've replaced the aliens with inclement weather.

I have seen the trailer plenty of times...looks like a must-see. It's on my list of most anticipated films to see as well. It's mind blowing, gripping and intense. I have to check it out.

I'll probably waste $6 on a matinee ticket to see it. Why not?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by Kong
Kong wasn't impressed. Looks just like Independence Day only they've replaced the aliens with inclement weather.
Did you even look at the trailer? LOL it is nothing like the story of Independence day. This is not about people trying to stop the storm. It about what happens after the storm. How is that like Independence Day?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I saw the trailer and must say that although it will come out much later than the release date for you guys in the states (living on base in Japan sucks!!) I'll go and put down my dollar to see it. Looks like it might be something worth seeing.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Lets put a smile on that block
I saw the trailer for this a couple of months back, thought it looked wicked at first, but thats probably about all it will be. The trailer makes the film look great. The visuals are amazing and it looks pretty impressive, but you can almost gaurantee the story will be dreadful or the ending won't be worth sitting through the entire film for. Its like all of these visual films, Volcano, The Core, Dante's Peak etc - they all look great and are entertaining to watch but thats about it...Im not saying this is always a bad thing though, i don't mind watching these films, especially ones that can use special effects to show un-imaginable things.

Its like Deep Impact, over all i love the film, and im aware its way too long, not interesting enough with bad acting BUT i absoloutly love the ending. Its so incredible to watch what the makers of the film think would happen if a meteor did hit earth. its an incredible site, just as is the Volcanic Eruption in Dante's Peak, and the micro-wave thingy burning everyone in The Core. I love watching films that show the possibility of the extreme happening to this planet It's just showing the Un-thinkable.

Question?

Why do films always use New York to destroy? Probably becuase it's such an impressive looking city. It's like knocking down a house of cards, looks pretty impressive but so fun to knock down. Its a little harsh after 9/11 don't you think? Lest see whats happened to The Big Apple (post/Pre 9/11), Its had a lot of kicks -

Made into a big Prison - Escape from New York
Squashed and destroyed by a big lizard - Godzilla
Squashed and Destroyed by a big marshmellow Man - Ghostbusters
Destroyed by a tidal Wave - Deep impact
Destroyed by meteors - Armageddon
Destroyed by Aliens - Independance Day and various other Alien films i imagine

Thats about all i can think of for now, but im sure there's loads more...
Poor New York....Movie producers really don't Love NY

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Question?

Why do films always use New York to destroy? Probably becuase it's such an impressive looking city. It's like knocking down a house of cards, looks pretty impressive but so fun to knock down. Its a little harsh after 9/11 don't you think? Lest see whats happened to The Big Apple (post/Pre 9/11)
When most of the world thinks of the states, they think of NYC, also, it alows for some pretty impressive action scenes.

Am I the only one who noticed that the "teaser" poster posted is a fake? No way is David Lynch attached to this movie at all. Plus Fox is releasing it.

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by projectMayhem
Am I the only one who noticed that the "teaser" poster posted is a fake? No way is David Lynch attached to this movie at all. Plus Fox is releasing it.

how funny!! It's got Naomi Watts in too? AND Al Pacino!!?? How stupid is that, i thought the poster looked a bit dodgy when i first saw it. i didn't even realise Dennis Quad was in it?

I knoticed that too, but I wanted to post it anyway, I was hoping nobody would notice.

Gotta be slicker than that to fool us MoFo's.

Originally Posted by blibblobblib

how funny!! It's got Naomi Watts in too? AND Al Pacino!!?? How stupid is that, i thought the poster looked a bit dodgy when i first saw it. i didn't even realise Dennis Quad was in it?

The only truth to all that is Dennis Quaid is in The Day After Tomorrow.

Jake Gyllenhaal is also on it, but is not mentioned int he fake poster.

Swashbuckler Extraordinaire
It looks like a fun movie to sit back and watch without having to do any major thinking. I'll probably see it sooner or later.

-When in doubt, Kill it

I don't see how you guys can already be talking about how this is just gonna be a dumb popcorn flick already. All we've seen is glimpses of footage which is just teasing us, nothing about the actual plot has been released thus far.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Originally Posted by ATLien
Did you even look at the trailer? LOL it is nothing like the story of Independence day. This is not about people trying to stop the storm. It about what happens after the storm. How is that like Independence Day?
Yes Kong looked at the trailer. Maybe the movie will be about what happens after the giant storm, but the teaser doesn't show any of that. It just shows cities being pummelled by the weather similar to the way they were pummelled by aliens in the director's earlier film.

Originally Posted by Kong
Yes Kong looked at the trailer. Maybe the movie will be about what happens after the giant storm, but the teaser doesn't show any of that. It just shows cities being pummelled by the weather similar to the way they were pummelled by aliens in the director's earlier film.
Dude, you seriously need to get high someday. You're so uptight.

haven't seen trailer but...pictures...look.......gooooooooooooood
lol
well anyways..the ones where dennis quaid's face isn't plastered on it