Movie of twins separated at birth that used to play on TV around xmas

Tools    

Hi,

I'm looking for the title of a movie that I used to watch on TV in the early 1980's (in Canada). The movie could have been produced in the 70's however, as I seems to recall is wasn't "top quality". It would play on TV almost each year, around the Christmas holidays. It may have been a "made for TV" movie, I am not sure it ever played in the theaters.

The story plot that I can remember goes something like this: Two twin brothers are separated at birth (or during their childhood), one of them is very good and one of them is very bad (evil...?). They each grow their own way, but at some point, the brothers must confront each other, and perhaps even battle each other. I think at the end, the "bad" brother end up sparing his brother's life and they reunite.

The movie is set in "ancient times", people are dressed as gladiators (?). I think we see the usage of horse carriages (like the ones used by gladiators).

The story may or may not be inspired by Greek mythology (and is one of the brother Hercules? I think he was very very strong.. supernatural strong).

Obviously, although they share many plot items, the movie I am looking for is NOT Twins, with Danny Devito and Ah-Nold Swartz...

Thanks for your help.

A couple of long shots here...

Corsican Brothers
The Comedy of Errors

?