Movie Tab II

Tools    

The Darjeeling Limited (Wes Anderson, 2007)

Well made, very funny and takes you on a stylish spiritual journey. My favourite Wes Anderson film.

The Evil Dead (Sam Raimi, 1981)

Started off well and then it went awful, I found it Repetitive and dull. I think I'll pass on watching the next one.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (Tomas Alfredson, 2011)

This is exactly my type of film and I loved it. It kept me hooked until the very end, I enjoyed everything about it.

You're Next (Adam Wingard, 2011)

I wasn't expecting much from this film but actually quite liked it. I thought it was well directed and enjoyed the story, definitely worth a watch if you're bored and in the mood for a horror.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
The movie's main song is a Brazilian song called Aquarela do Brazil. That's the only reason for the movie's title. Though there are similarities, Brazil is an extremely bureaucratic country and if you wanna live there you have to trick the system just like the main characters in the movie try to do.
Actually I was paraphrasing your words. You said that before.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
The Evil Dead (Sam Raimi, 1981)

Started off well and then it went awful, I found it Repetitive and dull. I think I'll pass on watching the next one.
You will be doing yourself a severe disservice by skipping Evil Dead 2. That movie is just a classic in every sense of the word.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

You will be doing yourself a severe disservice by skipping Evil Dead 2. That movie is just a classic in every sense of the word.
In that case I'll watch it tomorrow night and see what I think, I just hope it's a lot better than the first. I have it recorded so may as well give it a watch, was going to watch them one after the other but the first one put me off that idea.

Let the night air cool you off
He means Evil Dead 3. Army of Darkness. It's not like the other two movies in the series, because it's actually good.

He means Evil Dead 3. Army of Darkness. It's not like the other two movies in the series, because it's actually good.
This.

Evil Dead is kind of crap. Evil Dead 2 is okay, but Army of Darkness is the one that's actually worth watching. I love that movie.

You guys are all so wrong.
Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 are both masterpiece of horror and Bruce Campbell rock! They are wrong I'm agree

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I love Army of Darkness, don't get me wrong, but Evil Dead 2 is low budget splatter/comedy/horror at it's finest.. It's funnier without crossing over into cheesy, and it's got some actual horrific moments, too.

the first one is the best, army of darkness is the worst. i find the sincere campy fun of the original to be way more entertaining than when it decided to do almost the exact same thing, but while winking at the audience the whole time.

Finished here. It's been fun.
You guys are all so wrong.
I'm with you man. The original Evil Dead is great. I honestly prefer it to the second one.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Go West, Young Lady (Frank R. Strayer, 1941)

A Different Loyalty (Marek Kanievska, 2004)

Fascination (Jean Rollin, 1979)

The Man in the Iron Mask (James Whale, 1939)

D’Artagnan (Warren William), Philippe (Louis Hayward) [the title character and Louis IVX’s twin] and Porthos (Alan Hale) plot an escape.
How I Won the War (Richard Lester, 1967)

The Subject Was Roses (Ulu Grosbard, 1968)
+
Battlefield Earth (Roger Christian, 2000)

The Count of Monte Cristo (Rowland V. Lee, 1934)
+

Edmund Dantes (Robert Donat) is falsely imprisoned by three rivals for 20 years, but during that time, he and an abbot (O.P. Heggie) dig their way out, and as the wealthy Count of Monte Cristo, Dantes seeks revenge.
Reprisal! (George Sherman, 1956)

The Train Robbers (Burt Kennedy, 1973)
-
The Palomino (Ray Nazarro, 1950)

The Mirror (Andrei Tarkovsky, 1975)

A mixture of color and B&W, history and fantasy, memories real and imagined, Tarkovsky’s look at a Soviet family during and after WWII is perhaps his most poetic film.
Dirty Dingus Magee (Burt Kennedy, 1970)

Red Riding: In the Year of Our Lord 1980 (James Marsh, 2009)

Altitude (Kaare Andrews, 2010)

The Immigrant (Charles Chaplin, 1917)
-

Two immigrants (Charlie Chaplin and Edna Purviance) to America are standing in the rain outside the marriage license office, and Charlie, for one, thinks he should get a kiss.
The Honeymooners (John Schultz, 2005)

The Ward (John Carpenter, 2010)
-
Mimesis (Douglas Schulze, 2011)

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Marc Webb, 2014)

Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) battles Electro (Jamie Foxx) by trying to take out his enormous power grid.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

I Want Someone to Eat Cheese With (Jeff Garlin, 2006)

Shadow People aka The Door (Matthew Arnold, 2013)

For Ever Mozart (Jean-Luc Godard, 1996)

Fletch (Michael Ritchie, 1985)
+

Investigative newspaper reporter Chevy Chase sings “Moon River” while undergoing a rectal exam and seeking info on a mysterious businessman who claims he’s dying.
The Wild Party (Harry Horner, 1956)

Gadgets Galore (Robert Youngson, 1955)

The Naked Street (Maxwell Shane, 1955)

Home from the Hill (Vincente Minnelli, 1960)

Wealthy Texan Robert Mitchum and his unhappy wife Eleanor Parker battle over how to rear their son George Hamilton who looks up to an employee (George Peppard) of his dad’s.
Fat Girl (Catherine Breillat, 2001)

Operation Dirty Dozen (Ronald Saland, 1967)

Red Riding: In the Year of Our Lord 1983 (Anand Tucker, 2009)

The Secret of Santa Vittoria (Stanley Kramer, 1969)
-

When Mussolini’s government falls, town drunk Anthony Quinn accidentally becomes the mayor and plans to hide a million bottles of wine from the incoming German Army, but his wife Anna Magnani disapproves.
Johnny Doesn't Live Here Any More (Joe May, 1944)

Johnny Angel (Edwin L. Marin, 1945)
+
Johnny O’Clock (Robert Rossen, 1947)
+
Johnny Belinda (Jean Negulesco, 1948)

Doctor Lew Ayres teaches sign language to deaf Johnny Belinda (Jane Wyman), and then he's accused when she becomes pregnant.
Feast of Love (Robert Benton, 2007)

Ripe (Mo Ogrodnik, 1997)

The Best Offer (Giuseppe Tornotore, 2013)
+
Rembrandt's J'Accuse…! (Peter Greenaway, 2008)

Taking what he only intimated at in Nightwatching (2007), Peter Greenaway acts as public prosecutor and brings forth all the accusations of murder and conspiracy which art historians and visually-literate admirers have taken from the painting The Night Watch for over 350 years. This is a close-up of a particularly-ripe area with various hand and phallic details.

Welcome to the human race...
Per the discussion higher up the page, The Evil Dead is easily the worst film in the trilogy but I still give it a
. Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness are
to me, but my ratings are supposed to be taken with a grain of salt so...whatever.