M. Night Shyamalan cameo question

Tools    

I recently saw The Village. Although the plot is preposterously untenable, I must confess I enjoyed it. Towards the end of the movie, a young security guard working for the company charged with safeguarding the village from the outside is speaking with his superior. According to the credits, this small role was played by the film’s director, M. Night Shyamalan. However, the entire time he is speaking his face is obscured. Does anyone know if this was because Mr. Shyamalan thought that it would seem incongruous to have an Indian-appearing security officer speaking with a Philadelphia area accent (which of and in itself would be logical as the movie is set in the Philadelphia area)? Mr. Shyamalan was raised almost entirely in the Philadelphia area (where he still resides) where I have lived all my life, so it's easy for me to tell he’s one of us by his Philly accent. Or rather, is this a Hitchcock-like trademark of Mr. Shyamalan; i.e. , does he appear likewise in all of his films? The only other one of his films that I recall having seen is The Sixth Sense, and I can’t remember if he likewise appeared in that.

Thanks to all.

I can't answer if that's why he decided to be obscured but he doesn't always do that. In Signs he is the guy who hit Mel Gibsons wife and you see him clearly in that.

I can't answer if that's why he decided to be obscured but he doesn't always do that. In Signs he is the guy who hit Mel Gibsons wife and you see him clearly in that.
Camo, thanks much.

These are his cameos. Think it is only the voice on the phone in The Happening and The Village one you mentioned that you don't see him although i've not seen all of them so i could be wrong. You definitely see him in Signs and The Sixth Sense though.

Airbender - 2010

Firebender at Earth Prison Camp (uncredited)

The Happening - 2008

Joey (voice)

Lady in the Water - 2006

Vick Ran

The Village - 2004

Guard at Desk

Signs - 2002

Ray Reddy

Unbreakable - 2000

Stadium Drug Dealer

The Sixth Sense - 1999

Dr. Hill

Praying with Anger - 1992

Dev Raman

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
In that case I think he appeared twice in the same movie

WARNING: "the village ending" spoilers below
In the very end, when the main caracter flees the village she's almost run over by a man in a car. I think that's shayamalan. That could possibly be why he's covered in the role as security, so as not to be seen playing two parts. Maybe?

The really crazy part is getting that wrong, but spelling "Shyamalan" right.
I’m afraid that was the result of an over-reliance on spell check. His surname required more attention!