Anyone else tired of party movies?

Tools    

In our modern times, there appears to be a glut of party, getting-drunk type movies. Of course, there is plenty of other films to choose from, but I'm simply addressing the multitude of movies revolved around partying.

I can't even count how many times I turn on the TV and see a trailer/commercial for a movie about partying. Lol...and always starring the usual suspect actors. Does Hollywood think that's all people do in real life--take shots, cause mischief, get hangovers, and inadvertently sleep with someone?

Yeah, i really don't care. If they are successful then i see no reason why they shouldn't make them and i rarely watch films starring the "usual suspects" as you put it so it doesn't bother me.

I guess I would be if I watched them.
This.

The great thing about movies is that there lots of different kinds to appeal to lots of different people. Clearly there's an audience for "party movies" or the studios wouldn't keep making them.

The other great thing about movies is that if one doesn't appeal to you, you don't have to watch it. So don't watch them and leave others to enjoy what appeals to them.

This.

The great thing about movies is that there lots of different kinds to appeal to lots of different people. Clearly there's an audience for "party movies" or the studios wouldn't keep making them.

The other great thing about movies is that if one doesn't appeal to you, you don't have to watch it. So don't watch them and leave others to enjoy what appeals to them.

One--these movies are usually just the same regurgitated plot-lines and jokes over and over, and they have little substance.

And that wasn't the question really...it's more like why are there more party movies *today* more than ever? Why so many?

One--these movies are usually just Hollywood regurgitating the same plot-lines and jokes over and over, and they have little substance.

And that wasn't the question really...it's more like why are there more party movies *today* more than ever? Why so many?
She answered that: because there's an audience for them.

She answered that: because there's an audience for them.
That still doesn't really answer the question. Why is there such a large audience for them? If you can answer that, then you can figure out why these movies are being made by the dozens.

One--these movies are usually just Hollywood regurgitating the same plot-lines and jokes over and over, and they have little substance.
And this is different from other types of Hollywood movies how?

Because people watch them and they make money. This isn't any different than any other kind of movie. Oh The Hunger Games was successful? Cool, let's make Divergent and The Maze Runner and whatever other YA action/dystopian crap we can get our hands on. That's just how Hollywood works. If something sells, they make a million sequels and similar films until it stops selling.

That still doesn't really answer the question. Why is there such a large audience for them? If you can answer that, then you can figure out why these movies are being made by the dozens.
Because people find it funny. I don't, but lots of other people do.

Why is there such a large audience for any popular kind of movie? Because it appeals to a certain segment of the population. If you're not part of that segment, you'll never understand the appeal and asking other people 'why?' isn't going to change that.

“I was cured, all right!”
Oh man! I'm very tired of this party movies. The trailers always put me to sleep... Geting drunk it's awesome but watching other people faking that they are drunk it's boring... also I'm tired of so much CGI in hollywood. I can't watch super heroes movies anymore without getting bored to death.

Oh man! I'm very tired of this party movies. The trailers always put me to sleep... Geting drunk it's awesome but watching other people faking that they are drunk it's boring... also I'm tired of so much CGI in hollywood. I can't watch super heroes movies anymore without getting bored to death.
Agree 100%. Most of the CGI, which is "supposed" to be better than natural special effects, winds up looking really fake. Obviously it is fake, but many a times they try to make it too flashy looking, and overdose on the CGI. Remember how bad that annoying Jar Jar character looked in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace? Makes the experience of watching the movie cold and artificial. Suspension of disbelief gets shot to hell.

Only thing I disagree on is getting drunk! Never did anything for me. I always preferred smoking grass.

There is no lineup of actors that could get you excited?

In our modern times, there appears to be an abundance of party, getting-drunk type movies. Of course, there is plenty of other films to choose from, but I'm simply addressing the multitude of movies revolved around partying.

I can't even count how many times I turn on the TV and see a trailer/commercial for a movie about partying. Lol...and always starring the usual suspect actors. Does Hollywood think that's all people do in real life--take shots, cause mischief, get hangovers, and inadvertently sleep with someone?
Hollywood also thinks most criminals and cops are superhuman. I am just glad i am not getting an another Marvel movie.

Does Hollywood think that's all people do in real life--take shots, cause mischief, get hangovers, and inadvertently sleep with someone?
Just a sec..... there's something else to do?

It seemed to me that there were more of these movies back in the 80's when I was a teen. The bad movies then were more entertaining to me than the bad movies are now, if that makes any sense. I'm not sick of them at all; I just want them to be worth watching.

It seemed to me that there were more of these movies back in the 80's when I was a teen. The bad movies then were more entertaining to me than the bad movies are now, if that makes any sense. I'm not sick of them at all; I just want them to be worth watching.
I see what you mean there. I have a plethora of cheesy '80s movies, in all genres. But yeah, for some reason they were still watchable..lol

It's the "type" of partying that's changed. The party movies today aren't like "Weekend at Bernie's", a lighthearted comedy that had something more than the typical characteristics I listed in the OP.