MoFo Fantasy Baseball '11 - The Trade Thread

Tools    

Sorry Dustin and no Im not trying to get one over on you. Fantasy baseball, and current MLB rosters altogether is a learning process for me. Lets haggle! Who do you want for Longoria?

Glad I got Linecum, and I was Yankee heavy anyway so I wont miss Tex.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I can't believe there is so much trading frenzy during the first week. This year could get really crazy.

I can't believe there is so much trading frenzy during the first week. This year could get really crazy.
LOL! Compared to the first week after the fantasy football draft these are mild times.

Cmon raul/Dustin who would you want for Longoria?

Edit in - No I cant give you DeAngelo Williams & Andre Johnson. Well unless they have to start playing baseball that is....

Allright Dustin ....

Ill give you Andrew McCutchen, and Wandy Rodriguez for Evan Longoria. Offer is sent

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I've been trying to throw a few trades out in either landing a good infielder or a pitcher. If anybody has any interest in a trade let me know.

I liked your deal Dustin, I'm just not going to make any deals for several weeks until I have a better feeling of what my main guys are gonna do.

Fair enough. I feel the same way though I am frustrated with the early injuries I've had so it's made me a little antsy. It's a long season though.

Im curious.....what was the first trade ever done in any of our fantasy leagues? I know it had to have been the fantasy football league, and I believe it wasnt till the 2nd season. Was it an LT/Yoda trade or one of mine?

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Im curious.....what was the first trade ever done in any of our fantasy leagues? I know it had to have been the fantasy football league, and I believe it wasnt till the 2nd season. Was it an LT/Yoda trade or one of mine?
the caddy trade came together pretty quick.

A system of cells interlinked
There's still quite a few good players available on the waiver wire, many of whom will really become known in the next few weeks.

Indeed.

I know platoons are something folks like to avoid in FBB, but if by the end of April, you will see some of those platoons vanishing as one player emerges as the clear go-to guy. Take a flier on some infield back-up and you could end up with a real gem in the rough.

I am putting some chips down on Branyan as my off-day sub...

Branyan got the start at first base Wednesday and went 2-for-4 with a home run, two RBI and two runs scored.

Recommendation: "The Muscle" has succeeded in carrying his hot spring over to the regular season with a .421 batting average. He is completely outplaying platoon-mate Juan Miranda and at some point will force manager Kirk Gibson to give him more playing time. He is clearly earning it right now.

Hey Yoda, just as an FYI, I threw out an offer for ya. S. Drew and Weaver for Rasmus and Prado. On paper, a really fair trade, but I don't know what you are looking for.

Anybody need a good short stop? Well I got a player for you!

Oh yeah baby this is for real! One of the best baseball players ever in our generation is available on the trading block! Listen to this legends accomplishments...

Derek Sanderson Jeter (Mr. November or Captain Clutch)
Position: Shortstop
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 3", Weight: 195 lb. Born : June 26, 1974 in Pequannock, NJ (Age 36)
High School: Central (Kalamazoo, MI)
Drafted by the New York Yankees in the 1st round (6th pick) of the 1992 amateur draft

1996 Rookie Of The Year

5 World Series Championship rings

In 2000, Jeter became the only player in history to win both the All-Star Game MVP Award and the World Series MVP Award in the same year.

Selected as an All-Star 11 times

Won the Silver Slugger Award 4 times

Won the Golden Glove Award on 5 occasions

He has been among the American League (AL) leaders in hits and runs scored for the past ten years.

He is the all-time Yankees hit leader, having passed Hall Of Fame member Lou Gehrig in 2009.

So lets talk some turkey!

Dexter hes yours if you want to give up Price, Ill throw in Wandy Rodriguez.

and rauldcDustin Ill give him and Wandy for Evan Longoria. First come first served.