"The cowards and liars who have shamelessly attacked my character"

Tools    

Originally Posted by darkhorse
I would put you on my ignore list, but because you're admin, I'm not "allowed to ignore you"!

Actually, if I chose to ignore you, I would just do it… without adding you to my ignore list… but I'm not going to ignore you… I'm going to be watching every move you make on here and when you step over the line, I'll be there… locking your threads or deleting your posts…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Arresting your development
I tried to ignore myself, only nubs away from clicking on it... but I hate it when I give myself that certain look. I caved.
I'd like me if I knew me like I know me.

Originally Posted by Django
So, you're saying that being emotional is being somehow inhuman? I'm sorry to contradict you on all counts--firstly, you can't read my tone on a forum, so how can you discern my emotional frame of mind when I post anything?
Well, silly me, I guess I always just assumed that when you start comparing people to Stalin and Hitler and flinging exclamation points around like indie concert flyers, that you're probably not entirely calm.

What is really interesting is that if you read the arguments posted by Django to oppose the Iraq war, all of which were so vehemently opposed by you, have proven to have been accurate--everything you said to defend the Iraq war--the existence of WMDs in Iraq, the supposed low cost of the war in human and economic terms, the economic opportunities supposedly afforded by the war, etc.--every one of them has been proven false.
Um, no they haven't. For one, I didn't adamantly proclaim the existence of WMDs. I believed they existed, but I'm in good company there, and I never listed it as the sole justification (neither did the administration, for that matter). Also, the war remains the second-cheapest in American history, behind only the first Gulf War. As for the cost in human terms; that can't be measured objectively, but the degree to which we can measure it objectively (military causalties) shows us that while a price has been paid, it's not even remotely on par with debacles like Vietnam.

Also, I hope you feel at least a hint of shame when you refer to "Django" in the third person, as if he's someone else.

Is it any wonder that it appears to me that you are not entirely in touch with reality?
You know what makes this sentence a thing of beauty? The fact that it came just two paragraphs after you pretend you weren't Django. Your irony nourishes and sustains me.

I am proud of my behavior because, on the whole, I have kept my integrity and been honest, credible and level-headed. I admit that, occasionally, I lost my temper, but only under extreme provocation, as cited above.
"Extreme provocation" being, in this case, someone telling you you need to occasionally use facts if you want to engage them in debate. Would being called "Stalinist," breaking forum rules and sending threatening emails also be considered "extreme provocation"? Because if it is, apparently I've got a few dozen outbursts saved up that I'd like to cash in.

The "Django Saga"... witty indeed. However, your claim that you have been "staggeringly open" does not ring true. On the contrary, you have, in the past, been staggeringly biased, staggeringly underhanded and staggeringly mistaken on various levels. To add to that, you continue to justify endorsing all the defamatory posts that have attacked and insulted me from various quarters, all the while claiming to be a forum admin. Fact is, your only real skill is justifying and legitimizing your bias, your double standards and your frequently glaring errors in judgment. Get real and admit your mistakes, for a change!
Explain to me and the rest of the community why you're the only one who can see these things. As far as I see, there are three possiblities: 1) they are all gullible fools (not possible, as you admit many of them are intelligent), 2) I am so diabolical and clever as to trick dozens of people over the course of several years to think I'm fair, or 3) you're a friggin' sociopath.

Okay, then, if you don't consider the things that have been said about me to be slanderous or defamatory or insulting, would you object if I posted the same things about you, Golgot, Caitlyn or any of your other friends? Give me a break, man! You have got to be kidding me!
Uh, you do post those kinds of things about us. LordSlaytan compiled a staggering list of them, and you're tossing them around in this thread, too.

More important, though, is that I don't think you know what "slanderous" means. It doesn't mean rude, or hurtful, or unkind; it applies to things that are hurtful and false.

Golgot was flagrantly attacking and insulting me in a very mean-spirited fashion. If you endorse that kind of behavior, then it only goes to prove that everything I have said about you--every claim I have made about your bias, your double standards, your hypocrisy and your detachment from reality is unquestionably true!
Unless what Golgot said was accurate and warranted. Which it was.

About leaving, well, that's what I am planning to do in any case, considering that all my attempts to raise anything remotely resembing an interesting issue continues to be met with hostility, misunderstanding and personally directed antagonism! Who needs that?
You, apparently, or else you'd stop coming back.

Tell you what: seeing as how the first step in ridding yourself of any addiction is admitting you have a problem, and you seem entirely incapable of doing that, I'm just going to break your habit for you.

You are henceforth banned...again. I can only hope it'll stick this time. I realize it is likely that you'll find your way back here with a new ISP, or a new computer, or simply a modified or masked IP address, at which time you'll try to start over again. Inevitably, your anti-social tendencies, liberal use of punctuation, and bizarre affinity for Sylvester Stallone will all show themselves, and you'll be banned again. This was your second chance (or fifth, depending on how you look at it), and you blew it. No matter how polite you are under your next incarnation, the moment I become anywhere near sure that it's you, you'll be banned.

This will keep happening. No matter how often or how quickly you're willing to register new names, I can ban them (and their IP addresses) even quicker, and with a great deal more satisfaction.

Thus ends The Django Saga; not with a bang, but with a ban, and most definitely with a whimper. A whimper we won't have to listen to anymore. Good riddance.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by darkhorse
So you admit to being biased and hypocritical in your arguments against me? What more do I need to say? You are essentially admitting that it's okay to ignore the facts while debating, that it's okay to be governed by political bias and emotion. Your implication is that "it's only human".

Dude, there are people in Mississippi who would argue that racism is only human too! What's your point?

Actually, people in Mississippi have THE RIGHT, by our constitution, to be racist. You do realize this is a country that supports free thought. Not just the thoughts YOU think are ok. Try to understand that. They have a right to be a racist, and then you and I have a right to think they are idiot bigoted ********. You CANNOT, take away people's right to think what they want, or support doing it, and call yourself an American.

It's this simple:

If a person genuinely believes that their way of thinking is the way that everyone should be thinking, and they attempt to impose it on another person, THEY ARE A FASCIST. Get it through your head. If you support free speech et al, you MUST support the RIGHT to it, but you do not have to support the content. They are separate issues. This means supporting, whole heartedly, a persons right to disagree with every single thing you think or say, but not the content. Get it? They are not evil, they are not the enemy, they are just exercising their rights to free speech and thought.

Why is this concept so hard to accept.

Personally, I don't mind anyone being a racist, and they probably don't mind that I think they are a piece of garbage.

Stop trying to paint people who think a certain way as "bad" or "incorrect", because, you just don't seem understand the concepts behind freedom, at ALL, and you need to go back to grade school, and start all over in third grade social studies.

Free means free, not "Free if you agree with me".

You lose. Now get gone!

Personal Responsibility. Live it.

RANT TIME, OFF TOPIC

Another issue that is pissing me off lately:

I am sick of hearing "I do not support the war, but I support the troops."

That is the most lame duck, moronic statement I have ever heard. Either you do not support the war, ALL OF IT, or you support the war. These troops are not, at any time, forced into doing what they are doing. They Volunteered for the service, of their own free will, and are willing participants in the operation, with many soldiers resigning for a second and third tour in Iraq. The troops are most certainly NOT victims. If you support them, you, clearly, and most definitely, support the choices said troops made and continue to make on a daily basis, up to and including participating in said war you allegedly don't support.

Personal Responsibility. Live it. www.lp.org

there's a frog in my snake oil
Well if this doesn't deserve a Yay cat i don't know what does

Originally Posted by Sedai
If you support them, you, clearly, and most definitely, support the choices said troops made and continue to make on a daily basis, up to and including participating in said war you allegedly don't support.
Could the first wave of soldiers have quit while on a war footing if they disagreed with this war?

Can the the military healthcare and benefits reductions be considered very supportive?

Can anyone come up with more biting attacks on Rumsfeld than the soldiers themselves?

(We're gonna need some more controversy now that Dang-flow is 'gone' - but dyamit, i just couldn't muster enough blather )

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
When are we going to make glue out of Darkhorse?

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

there's a frog in my snake oil
He's been recycled already

Look out for new members called...

LiesDon'tFrightenMe
IamNotaNumber
and
WillRepeatSelfForSexualFavours

Originally Posted by Sedai

RANT TIME, OFF TOPIC

Another issue that is pissing me off lately:

I am sick of hearing "I do not support the war, but I support the troops."

That is the most lame duck, moronic statement I have ever heard. Either you do not support the war, ALL OF IT, or you support the war. These troops are not, at any time, forced into doing what they are doing. They Volunteered for the service, of their own free will, and are willing participants in the operation, with many soldiers resigning for a second and third tour in Iraq. The troops are most certainly NOT victims. If you support them, you, clearly, and most definitely, support the choices said troops made and continue to make on a daily basis, up to and including participating in said war you allegedly don't support.
I cannot go into depth, right now, about the black & white mindset you say people should fall into. I can say for certain that many soldiers, although not forced, were sent to this war and certainly did not want to go. It is also one thing for a soldier to be against the war and a parent of that soldier also being against it. I certainly understand that our military in the U.S. is soley a volunteer force and when they give their oath to their country they wave a lot of rights most others take for granted. Bottom line (for now ) is that it certainly is okay for a parent to support their child that is a soldier and not support the effort he is involved in. I have a lot more to say on the subject so please just take what I said with a grain of salt for the time being, sounds like a fun debate, but by God if any of you call me names I am suing!!!!!!!!

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Originally Posted by Golgot
He's been recycled already

WillRepeatSelfForSexualFavours

If he hasn't bagged this one can I have it?
If he.........................