The MoFo Support Group

Tools    

All the best to you and your family, Swan. It's good that you're allowing people to also be there for you, while you're trying to be there for others. Together you can make it through!

Tyler isn't here! Tyler went away! Tyler's gone!
That's awesome movieforums has this thread and you all share negative things that are going on in your life. I love how supportive and compassionate you all can be to one another, like a family you get to choose.

Thanks for the support guys. Apparently he beat her yesterday. I want to kill this motherf*cker.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
That sucks. Is that Cake, the orange one?

Yeah, cats can be pretty weird. A friend of mine had her cat disappear for literally three months. One day he just showed up again, way skinnier, but otherwise fine. So you never know. Here's hoping he comes back soon.
aw, you remembered my kitty!

yes, it's my baby Cake. dude. i'm so freaked he's gone forever. if you remember, the whole reason he came into my life was cause my co worker found a little abandoned kitten under her porch. we've been inseparable since.

Aww hope he's ok Ash. You asked all the neighbours to check?
i made flyers, and left them on people's doorsteps on my street and a few adjacent streets (lol). i also asked a couple neighbors to my right if they could keep their eyes peeled for him and they said they would

Call out to him mentally - like, shut off all your devices and lights and sit by your main door, in the dark, focus intently for a couple hours and call out mentally. (Yes, I'm a metaphysical freak, but if he's near, alive and uninjured, this could work.)

P.S. How did he get out?
honestly, don't think i haven't tried this in a plea of desperation

yeah, so he got out cause we had a bunch of people over that night for D&D (that's Dungeons and Dragons for you non nerds out there) and anyway, people were in and out of the house a lot cause they were smoking. i think he maybe slipped out then. either that, or he slipped out when i let the dog out right before bed.

didn't notice he was gone til the morning.

either way, it was my fault, i'm an ******* lol. ok ok i know, super irrational right now

That happened to one of my cats once, and I found her behind the neighbor's garage after about 24 hours. You may have done this, but search around late at night when everything is quiet. Be quiet except for calling his name and listen for his meow. He's most likely hiding nearby. I hope you find him.
yeah every night my husband and i have walked around the neighborhood, like around 10pm or 11pm and whisper his name while kinda trespassing on people's property ha.

i'm really, reallly hoping he's just been scared and hunkered down somewhere, like Citizen said. the first day he was gone, i called into work and spent the day walking around my entire neighborhood shouting his name, quite loudly... at one point, some old lady came out of her house and glared at me. probably because his name is Cake, and she was thinking, "why is this fat girl walking around shouting for cake?"

Swan, it must be awful hard to see what your sister's going through and the effect it's having on your parents , and you too. Some partners can be very manipulative and still appear to be loving and caring and completely fool even closest family. They can even undermine the confidence of their partner into a state of doubting their mental stability. At least your sister has you and your parents to turn to, but sometimes you just have to wait for them to open up, but waiting is tough. Does she have any friends herself that she can talk to? Someone you could ask if they could just pop around to see her for a cuppa when her partner's not there, no pressure like? or meet up outside the house?
It's great for you that you have friends in real life that you can talk to as well as people here.
I feel for your mum and dad. It's horrible as a parent to see your grownup kids in such a position and not know what to do for the best
take care x

Thanks for the support guys. Apparently he beat her yesterday. I want to kill this motherf*cker.
oh I was just posting when you posted this. Has she reported him to the police? no one should have to suffer that

oh I was just posting when you posted this. Has she reported him to the police? no one should have to suffer that
The problem is she is unstable too. Despite what happened she left this morning with him again. I don't understand any of it.

@Rodent. My dad has brought up calling the police at least 50 times since yesterday. We thought we had it under control because we got her home safe last night, but this morning she left again and so I have no clue what's going to happen.

Ugh . I'd definitely take Rodents advice Swan. When i was young one of my older sisters went through psyichal and mental abuse, it was terrible seeing her like that and she was the same always staying with him. I don't know anything about your sister but mine was being controlled, made to feel that she couldn't do better, deserved it, etc. I would try to get her away from him at any costs, i'm sure she'll thank you for it down the line.

Anyway again just awful, hope everything gets better soon

Damn Swan, being helpless in a chronic maddening situation can take a toll on you. I feel for you because you are powerless to do anything.

Talk to your sister, make it your business, and at the very very least she will know you were there for her in any way she needed. Be her friend now more than any time in your life. Maybe, just maybe if the two of you talk it all out, it will give her a new perspective on things. It might not do anything man, but you did what you could do. Rodents right in getting him tossed in jail too.

Make a free phone call to a womans shelter (not to put her in there), and ask their advice. This is all old hat to them, and what they know can save you and her alot of time and aggravation. If she can get in the loop with a group of women that have gone thru exactly what she is, thru counseling or group meeting, she might be able to break free.

Man I hope this works out for the both of you.

Ash, I hope you're able to find your cat!

Swan, sorry for the terrible mess you're going through. I too have a sister (older, I'm not sure if yours is older or younger) that has had relationship problems that sometimes got pretty bad. Thankfully her and her boyfriend were able to work it out and even have a house and a kid together.

However, if your sister's boyfriend really did actually beat her then I suggest you and your parents really try to get her away from him. I'm no expert on the matter so I'm sorry I don't have any good advice to give out, but if it ever happens again then you should probably get the police involved, especially if you have evidence. If he does it again then that's a sure sign that he will keep doing it and it wasn't just a "one-time thing" that will never happen again.

Hope it all works out for you.

Thanks again everyone. I maybe jumped the gun saying he straight up beat her - something happened, but I think we're all unclear as to watch happened (including my sister, for reasons). Regardless their relationship is toxic and she does need to get away from him.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Wow, Swan, I already told you yesterday, but now that you wrote she's been beaten... If you need to talk to somebody don't hesitate to write me on Facebook or a PM here.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

i'm really, reallly hoping he's just been scared and hunkered down somewhere, like Citizen said. the first day he was gone, i called into work and spent the day walking around my entire neighborhood shouting his name, quite loudly... at one point, some old lady came out of her house and glared at me. probably because his name is Cake, and she was thinking, "why is this fat girl walking around shouting for cake?"
As sad as this is, that last line was really funny!

I near committed suicide this morning.

Stress of the past few weeks came to a head yesterday, and then today wasn't any better.
This morning I was on the kitchen floor, shaking like a leaf and on the brink of calling it a day.

Basically a breakdown like I had back in 2014 and 2007.

I'm now in touch with mental health professionals who have put me on watch, and are now calling to my home on a daily basis.
I've got weekly doctor appointments too, every Wednesday.

At least I'm finally getting some help.

Hoooooly sh*t dude. Glad you are getting help and contacting people, that's important. I'm sorry you're going through that. We're here for you!

Really glad you're in touch with those people, and have the awareness to know that's the right thing to do. That makes me feel a lot better, or at least as good as we can feel about this news.

Hang in there, bud. It'll get better.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Don't give up!

You still have a long way to go before hitting 1000000000000000000000000 wins in a row in Solitaire!

Hope you find yourself in a happier state soon Rodent.

*note to self: don't offer to curate a club if this is what it does to you