The Decade So Far: My 51 Favorite Movies from 2010-16

→ in
Tools    

Care for some gopher?
Only seen Frozen from the last set. Thought it was mediocre.

I didn't care for True Grit, didn't hate it...but John Wayne was so much better in the original. It was just another watch it and forget movie.

I'm not a fan of Taranatino, but Django Unchained was mostly a fun movie, mostly due to DiCaprio and Christoph Waltz.

Loved the The King's Speech, this is my idea of a great film.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Such an odd list of films.

Looking forward to the rest.

Suspect's Reviews

I think someone has said that or something similar to every single one of my lists.

35. Captain America: Civil War (2016)

This is one of the very few super hero movies where I walked out thinking "That was actually really good." when I left the theater. This is the Marvel craze at its best imo. The airport fight was of course very fun to watch.

34. Animal Kingdom (2010)

A harrowing Australian crime-thriller about a young man taking a nose-dive into the criminal underworld.

33. La La Land (2016)

A fantastic tribute to the classic Hollywood musicals. Possibly the strongest contender for BP at the upcoming Oscars.

32. John Wick (2014)

Like most people, I saw the trailer and thought "Oh great, another Keanu movie." but then I was hearing that it was actually... pretty good! I finally got around to seeing it and was pleasantly surprised. This was actually a strong and well-done action movie.

At this rate 1 will be a tie between Cannibal Holocaust and The Care Bears Movie.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I've only seen La La Land once, but it's one of my favorite movies of all time already.

John Wick was terrible for me.

I still haven't seen Civil War surprisingly. I have the DVD ready to go though.

I would watch it again, but I was disappointed in Animal Kingdom the first time. Maybe I wasn't in the mood because it would seem to suit my taste perfectly.

I enjoyed John Wick, and I'll definitely watch the sequel, yet I don't think there was anything special about it.

I've gotten a little tired of superhero movies after going through a stretch of enjoying them. I'll probably try Civil War eventually.

La La Land is not something that appeals to me on the surface, but I will watch it because of all the acclaim and I like Gosling.

Care for some gopher?
John Wick was terrible for me.
For me, too. Haven't seen any of the others.

At this rate 1 will be a tie between Cannibal Holocaust and The Care Bears Movie.

What's really funny is that I originally had Antichrist right next to Frozen on this list, but then remembered that Antichrist is from 2009. I also briefly considered adding in A Serbian Film.

I like A Serbian Film a lot
Yeah it's flippin crazy, sometimes it gets so violent and messed up that it starts getting rather comedic, best example is when
WARNING: "Serbian Film" spoilers below
the main guy uses his massive boner to impale another guy through the eye.

I didn't realize for years that it was called A Serbian Film. A friend of mine saw it and was telling me about it so i asked what it was called and he said "it's a serbian film", for some reason i took that as him not knowing what it was called but knowing that it was made in Serbia. When i saw it (saw it online or something i mean i haven't watched it) like two years later i cracked up

I would of liked for The Witch to be extremely higher and I would of not included Sucker Punch and A Million Ways To Die (I found both stupid and a waste of time) but great list so far.

I liked Animal Kingdom a lot. Have you watched the TV series?
I watched the first episode but wasn't that into it. Since it was a re-hash of the film's beginning I guess I should have given it a couple more episodes. I hated how they made the grandmother look like some old retired stripper. I liked it better in the film how she just looked like a little old lady, she didn't look like the head of a crime family in the least.