The MoFo Support Group

Tools    

What the Hell is it about this place and Christmas Eve with people's mothers? Sorry, buddy. Praying.

Well, ok...

The past few days over Christmas, I've been kinda cheery on MoFo while I've actually come online...

I had the kids stay at mine for the first time in a decade, had a decent Christmas... did the "Santa has visited" thing with them and had fun.

A huge cloud has hovered over the holiday though.

On Christmas Eve, my Mum, who is in Lanzarote right now... near died from a blood clot which collapsed her lung.

She's still on several drip feeds in intensive care... though she is conscious and talking.

And there's **** all we can do about it.

We can't get out there to see her...

So... I'm having a bit of trouble dealing with the mixed emotions tbh... and I would never ask anyone, anyone, for this... until now.

Can you guys say a prayer for my Mum for me?
Get her home safe and well so I and my family, can see her again...

Thanks guys.
My Mum is my world. My best friend. And I need some help.
Sorry to hear this. Of course I will.

I'm so sorry, Rodent, I feel for you. Having lost three family members in 1,5 years, I can see your situation and it's not a pleasant one. My mom is my world too, I don't know what I would do if she passed, so your situation is a different kind of devasting. That's completely impossible to grasp or even think about. I don't pray, but I will send some positive energy your way. I sincerely hope for the best, R. Stay positive man.

Well, Mum fell ill on Christmas Eve...

She only got home last night after spending 3 weeks in intensive care in Lanzarote... just been on the phone with her and she's sounding chipper, like there's nothing wrong.

She's give me the details now... DVT, pulmonary edema, collapsed lung and heart failure.

The only reason she survived the initial episode, was that her pacemaker, which was fitted about 10 years ago, kicked itself into overdrive and kept her heart going while she was basically fitting on the floor.

The wonders of modern technology, Doctors and medicine...
... ... and the fact that Mum is an old-school tough bird.

So relieved to have her back home.

So sorry I missed your original post Rodent. Glad to hear your mum's back home . That was a near miss and what a terrible time for you and her being so far away. Amazing about the pacemaker, thank god she had one!
Anyway all the best to her, us old ladies are made of strong stuff! May she continue to be on the mend
Xxx

Doing a separate post for this one...

A thank you, to all you guys for the prayers and thoughts.
Damn bro........I had no idea! I hope shes doing well now

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
meh. this probably isn't as dire as many other people's problems, but, my cat has been missing since Tuesday night and i'm really worried about him. he's an indoor cat, and hasn't ever had to fend for himself like this before... everyone keeps telling me that cats are savvy and he's probably in hiding somewhere and will be back, just give it time, but i'm like, deathly afraid i'll never see him again. i'm kind of a mess about it.

blehhh

That sucks. Is that Cake, the orange one?

Yeah, cats can be pretty weird. A friend of mine had her cat disappear for literally three months. One day he just showed up again, way skinnier, but otherwise fine. So you never know. Here's hoping he comes back soon.

meh. this probably isn't as dire as many other people's problems, but, my cat has been missing since Tuesday night and i'm really worried about him. he's an indoor cat, and hasn't ever had to fend for himself like this before... everyone keeps telling me that cats are savvy and he's probably in hiding somewhere and will be back, just give it time, but i'm like, deathly afraid i'll never see him again. i'm kind of a mess about it.

blehhh
Call out to him mentally - like, shut off all your devices and lights and sit by your main door, in the dark, focus intently for a couple hours and call out mentally. (Yes, I'm a metaphysical freak, but if he's near, alive and uninjured, this could work.)

P.S. How did he get out?

Ash, sorry to hear about your cat missing. Some indoor cats, will be scared to be outside and so will find the first hiding spot and hunker down there. Think like a cat and look under the porch or under bushes, or behind something in a small space. Cats do that to feel safe and he might be too scared to come out from hiding.

blehhh
That happened to one of my cats once, and I found her behind the neighbor's garage after about 24 hours. You may have done this, but search around late at night when everything is quiet. Be quiet except for calling his name and listen for his meow. He's most likely hiding nearby. I hope you find him.

Sorry to hear this, ash. I agree with those who've talked about looking really close to home for an indoor cat. The same thing happened to the family across the road from me and found their cat 4 days later in the next door neighbours garden. In the 4 inch gap between their shed and garage and it still took them nearly 2 hours to coax her out because they couldn't reach her.

There's not much I can reveal or want to because frankly I'm really confused, but my sister is dealing with so much and I'm really scared. She went through a divorce and I think that (with some other stuff) really set her off but it's just been escalating over the last months and the past two days have been a nightmare. She is basically having breakdowns. There are a lot of things that I think have traumatized her, but honestly I have no idea what to make of any of this. I should be an expert but I just don't know what she's going through. It's weird seeing an unstable person from the other side. It's terrifying, and makes me feel bad for my family (especially my parents) when I was dealing with stuff. The worst part is she is attached to a guy who seems really nice and stuff but is lying (says my sister gave him a black eye when he got in a fight at a bowling alley) and is really manipulating situations to get people to like him and side with him. The worst thing is it kind of worked on me, I actually thanked him yesterday for being there for my sister, before I found out by my mom (in a deep convo in the car) about what was really happening. There is a lot more to it but I don't want to divulge too much. I'm just really scared, all I can do is be there for my parents and my sister (I'm getting more worried about my parents right now, to be completely frank. I feel awful for them). I've always been able to confide in the lot of you and while I appreciate any suggestions, just knowing I have people on here to communicate what I'm going through is enough. I've been on the verge of crying all day but I've been trying to keep my mind occupied and have things to look forward to. I went on a walk with my best friend, and we talked about it, which was good. I will say this puts a lot of stuff into perspective.

Relationship breakdowns can be devastating for everyone involved. I wish I knew what to say, but it just seems like a sucky part of life. I would just say support your sister no matter who you think could be at fault.