The Decade So Far: My 51 Favorite Movies from 2010-16

→ in
Tools    

Spotlight (2015) This is one of my favorite movies of 2015, based on a shocking true story. A very intelligently crafted story, that does not rely on old tired troupes and cliches, but is done like an investagive movie in the vein of All The Presidents Men. I'd call this a must see for any cinephile.

Argo (2012) Also based on a true story that most hadn't heard of until the movie came out. It avoids the usual pitfalls of a thriller and keeps the tone believable, well the ending gets a little broad but overall a solid movie.

But I think people keep mixing up the X-Men Franchise & the MCU thinking they are run by the same studio. Fox are the ones running the X-Men Franchise (including Deadpool) since they bought the rights from Marvel back in the 90s while the MCU (Ironman, Avengers, Captain America) is actually run by Marvel (Disney who bought Marvel). Sony still has the rights to Spiderman they are just partnering up with Marvel and including Spiderman in the MCU now because The Amazing Spiderman 2 underperformed so they panicked and rebooted it again.
Ah that's right, I knew that X-men and Deadpool were Fox but just wasn't thinking about it when posting.

Cool thread! Only one I've seen so far is Argo which I love as well. That or The Kings Speech I would say are the strongest best picture winners of the decade.

I like Deadpool and Argo. The humor of Deadpool worked for me. Haven't seen Sucker Punch and thought How to Train Your Dragon was so-so.

43. Blood Father (2016)

Mel Gibson returns to form in a surprisingly good film that is reminiscent of action movies from the 90s imo.

42. Spy (2015)

I did not expect this movie to be nearly as good and funny as it was. IMO Jason Statham steals the show in this one. Definitely Melissa McCarthy's best movie.

41. Django Unchained (2012)

Truly a film that only Tarantino could make. Over the top in its brutality as well as its dark humor. I believe any fan of Tarantino would enjoy this movie (if they hadn't seen it yet for some odd reason).

40. The King's Speech (2010)

A great movie in every sense of the word. Great pacing, great cinematography, great set design, and of course, great acting!

Django is actually one of my least favourite Tarantino films, it's still entertaining though. The King's Speech is very good, didn't expect to enjoy it as much as i did. Haven't seen the others.

I was a little underwhelmed by The King's Speech. It was good, but I didn't find it particularly memorable. I love Django Unchained. Not only is it one of my favorite Tarantino flicks, but it's also one of my favorite movies just in general.

I haven't seen the others and have no desire to see Spy.

Care for some gopher?
I've only seen Django Unchained which i like quite a bit.

And here we go!

51. The Magnificent Seven (2016)

While it may not be a masterpiece and yes, it's yet another remake (also yes, I know the original was a remake of Seven Samurai) this movie served its purpose of being a really fun Western shoot-em-up with a very interesting band of characters. I normally enjoy Fuqua's films and loved the cast which included Washington, Pratt, Hawke, D'onofrio, and Sarsgaard.

50. Spotlight (2015)

Though I still don't feel that it should have won BP last year, I still think Spotlight is an engaging drama that deserved its praise. Michael Keaton's performance really shined in this and I'm happy that he's had such a career resurgence in Hollywood.

49. A Million Ways to Die in the West (2014)

Admittedly a guilty pleasure but I can't help it this movie is funny as hell! Neil Patrick Harris was hilarious in this and the Indian vision sequence had me like crazy.

48. The VVitch (2015)

Surely one of the better horror films of the decade. Creepy as hell with the goat Black Philip really stealing the show. A must-see for any horror fan.
Didn't know The Magnificent Seven had been remade...Spotlight was brilliant. May I suggest that you post your films separately so that people can rep individual films? I was told do it when I first joined the site.

[b]

42. Spy (2015)

I did not expect this movie to be nearly as good and funny as it was. IMO Jason Statham steals the show in this one. Definitely Melissa McCarthy's best movie.

41. Django Unchained (2012)

[size=4]
Truly a film that only Tarantino could make. Over the top in its brutality as well as its dark humor. I believe any fan of Tarantino would enjoy this movie (if they hadn't seen it yet for some odd reason).

Spy was definitely McCarthy's strongest film and Django Unchained was awesome.

Didn't know The Magnificent Seven had been remade...Spotlight was brilliant. May I suggest that you post your films separately so that people can rep individual films? I was told do it when I first joined the site.
Who told you to do that? I think FW is posting a few at a time because he's only doing short write-ups which makes sense. Really don't understand why people have this weird aversion to repping a post that contains something they don't like as if they are contributing to it financially by doing so or something . If you like one film and don't like another explain that in your comment

Who told you to do that? I think FW is posting a few at a time because he's only doing short write-ups which makes sense. Really don't understand why people have this weird aversion to repping a post that contains something they don't like as if they are contributing to it financially by doing so or something . If you like one film and don't like another explain that in your comment
Thanks for clearing that up Camo.

Yeah I've always done countdowns like this and if there's a movie someone likes in a set they'll usually say "+rep for this film" and it's always worked fine.

39. Warcraft (2016)

A movie that wasn't that well received but there's a couple reasons why I personally like it. One, I played World of Warcraft for like 5 years, so I knew the lore of the world and could follow the film fine (and trust me, if you aren't familiar with the game's story, you'll have no idea what's going on). Second, I'm a big Travis Fimmel fan, mainly because of the TV show Vikings, and him being in it is a huge plus for me!

38. Frozen (2013)

Let it go! Let it gooo! Okay yeah that song's kinda annoying now but this movie is a massive part of the new golden age of Disney. I really enjoyed this one when it came out and still do.

37. True Grit (2010)

Definitely one of if not THE best remake of the decade. The Cohen Bros really did this one justice. Jeff Bridges was great as well of course.

36. End of Watch (2012)

A very strong crime film with Gyllenhaal and Pena giving amazing performances in the lead roles. No doubt David Ayer's best directorial effort so far.

Haven't seen Warcraft but I'm pretty sure I'd hate it. Haven't seen End of Watch either. I hated Frozen and wasn't too impressed with True Grit.

The picks I really like so far are Argo, How to Train Your Dragon, Spotlight, Blood Father, and Django Unchained.

I wasn't crazy about Frozen, End of Watch, Deadpool, or The VVitch, although they weren't bad.

I'd like to see The King's Speech, True Grit, and maybe Spy.

This might just do nobody any good.
True Grit is pretty awesome. Probably the most underrated Coen Bros. movie in my opinion.

I really The King's Speech and Spotlight, which have gotten a lot of rotten reputation as Oscar bait but I think they're more valuable than just that.

Django is pretty fun but I find it a superficial, specially compared to QT's other western this decade.

The Witch is my favorite of all the movies listed so far.