MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2024 Season

Tools    

Tongo is trying to Billy Beane me. If anyone knows where Jonah Hill is I need help
I dont know what you're talking about.

Actually this scenes more appropriate.

Coach Rauld won the Bregman sweepstakes. Funny thing worth mentioning is we sent the same comment to each other right after lol.

Btw Dustin your inbox is not allowing more.messages to be sent to it, gotta do spring cleaning.

Also dropped a player this morning for someone who is injured before today's game.

Nothing worse in fantasy baseball than giving that SP you have been thinking about kicking one more start and smack.

Nothing worse in fantasy baseball than giving that SP you have been thinking about kicking one more start and smack.

Well you have pitching points to spare at least. Justin Steele may be coming back for me sooonish. Ozzie Albies possibly even Friday.

Want to talk about pitching? With Fairbanks out you'd know that Jason Adam would get the nod. He split saves with Fairbanks all last season. Hell no, instead they had Adam pitch the 8th and Garret "Who?" Cleavinger closed the game. Baseball team managers hate Fantasy Baseball, and Coach Cash must be leading the charge.

If there's one thing Rays fans should know by now, it's that they don't utilize their bullpen in a predictable or traditional way. Which has mostly been to their credit, as a baseball team, even if it can be maddening for fantasy teams. Kinda like running back committees in football.

A system of cells interlinked
Not only is this a totally bizarre year for both and injuries and nutty management of SP, but it seems the umpire's union is on the warpath, so we have a sort of cold war rebellion going on, with umps straight up trolling players and managers this season. My 1st round pick stuck out looking the other night during an at-bat that had seen 6 balls and 0 strikes thrown. The Yankees Aaron Boone was ejected from a game because a fan yelled at the umpire. A Red Sox pitcher got nailed for a balk when no one on this planet other than the umpire could find any evidence of one.

Weird season so far!

Also: Anyone running arms out of the Phillies bullpen this season is a straight up clown.

*Checks roster*

Whoops!

If there's one thing Rays fans should know by now, it's that they don't utilize their bullpen in a predictable or traditional way. Which has mostly been to their credit, as a baseball team, even if it can be maddening for fantasy teams. Kinda like running back committees in football.
Oh I know. I actually picked up Clevinger a few days ago when Fairbanks went out. Then I thought "Nah! Not this time. I could use that roster spot for (God knows who)", and dropped him. Sure enough he sent Cleavinger out.

Ok lets try something positive - Who is the most underappreciated guy on your roster? No this is not a scam to hype someone I want to trade. Just some guys deserving credit theyve never gotten from us.

Mine would easily be Justin Turner. Even though he finished 69th overall in 2023, and 117th in 2022, even though he's eligible at 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and as of now is 98th overall, AND batting cleanup for the Blue Jay's, he just gets no respect. It must be his age, or his big ginger beard, I don't know. Honestly even when he was younger I don't remember alot of hype surrounding him. I could be wrong.

I do know he's been a steady earner for me, and helped stop the bleeding when Albies went down, and Bregmans slump. Solid dude.

A system of cells interlinked
Easy one: Daniel Hudson

One of my favorite holds guys. He's given up a couple of long balls this season, but has been otherwise lights out, has 14 K in 11 IP, and a WHIP of 0.73.

5 Holds so far.

Dude should continue to be a big help as long as he stays healthy.

Ozzie Albies coming back from the IL.

Jorge Solers bat seems to have cooled again, and maybe Michael Busch's os starting to. Trevor Larnach and Pete Crow Armstrong hopefully will be able to pick things up some. I would say Im in Wait and See mode but usually saying that results in 20 more moves and trades. So Ill say im in Move and Trade mode.

I don’t think I traded once last year. Felt like this year I was taking my second option every round of the draft, so tweaking is in order.