EDM Song Tournament

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I totally lied about the coinflip actually.

I actually rolled a fist-sized 20-sided dice and decided based on whether it lands on evens or odds.

I would have used a BBCode diceroll... but Movie Forums doesn't have that.

The point is that you used a random method that nobody voted on, and nobody could verify. You could have done nothing and just picked the songs that you wanted to advance, and said that you flipped a coin.

That's my point.

Wow, I should see Nightmare Before Christmas again. I haven't seen that in probably 20 years. I didn't care for it, but maybe after all this time, I'm just another Jack Skellington.

Thank you for the insane song tournament, Omnizoa.

He's a new member, it's probably one of the first if not the first time he's ran one, give him a break

I like your idea about ranking tied songs though, that'd be more effective and produce more accurate results too!

I'm not trying to give him a hard time. I'm trying to help him so that he can run future tournaments properly. If nobody says anything and you all just let it slide, he's not going to realize that a random method isn't fair, and he'll just do the same thing next time.

That's why I'm giving him suggestions. I'm trying to help him figure it out so that he'll be prepared the next time he wants to run a tournament.

The point is that you used a random method that nobody voted on, and nobody could verify. You could have done nothing and just picked the songs that you wanted to advance, and said that you flipped a coin.

That's my point.
And I COMPLETELY AGREE.

You are right, gbgoodies. I'm not arguing with you.

I'm not arguing either. I'm trying to help.
I wasn't saying you were arguing, I'm just saying I accept your suggestions. They do help.

That said, I realized there were issues with the tournament a while ago.

Well, I love the "It's Pat" avatar, but if you want, go back to the rainbow mohawk.

Well, I love the "It's Pat" avatar, but if you want, go back to the rainbow mohawk.
Mmmm... I'd like to, but I think it's about time to draw up something different. The It's Pat avatar'll just serve as a reminder to get on that.

I wasn't saying you were arguing, I'm just saying I accept your suggestions. They do help.

That said, I realized there were issues with the tournament a while ago.

You might want to join a few tournaments to see how other people run them before you run another one. It will give you an idea of what to expect. Then you can see for yourself what works and what doesn't work.

This was a small tournament, with only a few people. You might want to follow along with the Love & Heartbreak tournament that's been going on. It's a bigger tournament, so the rounds last longer, but everyone gets a chance to vote, and ties are broken by impartial voters. It's probably not perfect either, but I do my best to make sure that everything is done fairly, so that, (hopefully), everyone is happy.

Then, when you're ready, you can run another tournament, and it will probably go smoothly.

Mmmm... I'd like to, but I think it's about time to draw up something different. The It's Pat avatar'll just serve as a reminder to get on that.
Why don't you draw up a punk version of It's Pat?

You might want to follow along with the Love & Heartbreak tournament that's been going on. It's a bigger tournament, so the rounds last longer, but everyone gets a chance to vote, and ties are broken by impartial voters. It's probably not perfect either, but I do my best to make sure that everything is done fairly, so that, (hopefully), everyone is happy.
I'll bear that in mind.

Originally Posted by gbgoodies
I liked the rainbow avatar better.
I did too.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Why don't you draw up a punk version of It's Pat?
*laughs*