Matrix Reloaded Review

→ in
Tools    

Originally posted by Austruck
See, I don't really see the rave/sex scene as superfluous. My instant thought in that scene (especially cutting back and forth to Neo/Trinity and their facial expressions, etc.) was to contrast vividly humans and machines. That is, this sort of primal, emotional release is something machines will never be able to understand or quantify properly.

I dunno. I guess I didn't see any problem with it because of its stark contrasts. Those were doubly evident during the sequences of Neo and Trinity naked because of the leftover plug-holes in their bodies, things you don't normally see on them in other scenes. It was a reminder that they themselves were once machine-like, but were now free to enjoy one of the truly holistically human experiences: sex.

Didn't anyone else take it this way?
Interesting take. No, I didn't think of it this way, but I'll admit it could work, seen from that angle.

And, knowing the Wachowski brothers usually don't do anything without a very good reason, you are probably on to something.

*grumble*

I'm sorry but the movie Matrix Reloaded was, in my opinion, stressing for things to prepare for the Revolution. The strength of love between Neo and Trinity, the passion that Morpheous has with the prophecy, the intricate explanations and philosophical nature of the Matrix. These are a only a few key elements that they stressed on and basically everything else was sugar coated, ie. FIGHT scenes.

Think about it, we all went to to this movie to watch the awesome fight scenes (although CGI enhanced) but bottom line, I think the Wachowski brothers are preparing for something bigger. That's what gets me excited!

I'll tell ya' what, I really dug the twist (if you want to call it that) that Morpheus is an outcast to some. I think it adds a level of realism that wasn't present in the first. Clearly, were that world to exist, a number of the inhabitants of Zion would reject Morpheus' claims. It went hand-in-hand with the film's other means for casting doubt on all we thought we'd learned from its predecessor.

See, I don't really see the rave/sex scene as superfluous. My instant thought in that scene (especially cutting back and forth to Neo/Trinity and their facial expressions, etc.) was to contrast vividly humans and machines. That is, this sort of primal, emotional release is something machines will never be able to understand or quantify properly.

I dunno. I guess I didn't see any problem with it because of its stark contrasts. Those were doubly evident during the sequences of Neo and Trinity naked because of the leftover plug-holes in their bodies, things you don't normally see on them in other scenes. It was a reminder that they themselves were once machine-like, but were now free to enjoy one of the truly holistically human experiences: sex.

I basically had the same thoughts on that scene Austruck… I did think they could have conveyed the same message in a little less time though…

Did the “twins” remind anyone else of Milli Vanilli

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Given their appearance, Milli Vanilla would be a tad more appropriate name. I dug 'em. And I concur on the time issue...the scene was twice as long as it had to be.

That name does fit a little better… … I thought they were pretty cool too… except for the fact it took me a minute to get that song Girl You Know it’s True out of my head…

Oh my god, this is the most boring movie I've ever seen. I just got back and I want to go to sleep because I'm so bored even thinking about it. Where's the kick to it? There's no visceral feeling, it's all a big computer game. Yuck. And that rave was the lamest scene of all time, in any movie.

Lets put a smile on that block
Call me a fool.....actually dont, but when was "Matrix Reloaded" released in the US? I thought it was a world premier thing like they do with LOTR? Im going to see it this Wednesday when it opens over here and i cant wait!!!!

Originally posted by Steve
it's all a big computer game.
Well it's supposed to be within a computer program...?

I thought it was pretty damn good. Some people I know thought the fight scenes were boring or just too much of it. Well, my thoughts were that they were better than the first and let's face it, one reason we go to see it for that and the effects.
I thought the Zion scene was pointless tho and too Star War-ish. I agree if they're going to show a place where humans are hiding, then everyday struggles would've sufficed. It just felt like a place to add a bit of fluff.
The plot became a bit thin and the speeches too long but I'm hoping this is only the 'bridge' between the first and last installments.
Overall I went to be entertained and it achieved that goal.

Originally posted by Fox
Well it's supposed to be within a computer program...?
No, watching the movie was like watching somebody play a computer game. Boring and annoying when they tell you how cool it is.

Dude, like, no way, and stuff. Call it stupid or unrealistic or uncompelling, if you like...anything other than boring. I refuse to believe you were bored during the burly brawl, or during the highway chase sequence.

The burly brawl was like watching a virus attack a white blood cell, which was kind of cool until Neo flew away like the bitch he is. The highway chase sequence went on for the length of a bible and lost all cool points when Neo came to the rescue, although that shot where the trucks are exploding around them when they fly away is pretty gangsta. My least favorite part, though, was the Eurotrash idiot. He served no purpose other than to be annoying.

I haven't seen "Matrix Reloaded" yet and after hearing some negative feedback, I thought I'd just forget about seeing this. Big, hyped up movies drive me nuts anyways. But then I read that my favorite movie reviewer, Roger Ebert, gave this movie *** and 1/2 stars.

I liked Reloaded more then the first. There are obvious mistakes that I believe we are suppose to catch. Such as,.. "Tank" not dying in the Matrix but, dead in Reloaded. The body plugs being removed in Matrix and then reappearing in Reloaded and so forth and so on.

I seems to me that this means that the "obvious" reason is that Reloaded is completely in the Matrix. In other words,.. Zion has been defeated six times or more in the Matrix only. The Matrix has created what it believes Zion to be like (smokers, pagan dancing etc.). And it is trying to prepare itself for the actual battle that it will face with Neo.

Just my quess.

Looking forward to Revolutions and seeing Tank again.

Yer gonna need a spoilers notice there, I expect.

Originally posted by flick chick
I liked Reloaded more then the first. There are obvious mistakes that I believe we are suppose to catch. Such as,.. "Tank" not dying in the Matrix but, dead in Reloaded. The body plugs being removed in Matrix and then reappearing in Reloaded and so forth and so on.
I don't quite follow. Tank bit the dust sometime between the first and second movie, I'd assumed...and I haven't noticed any continuity errors in regards to the body plugs.

I seems to me that this means that the "obvious" reason is that Reloaded is completely in the Matrix. In other words,.. Zion has been defeated six times or more in the Matrix only. The Matrix has created what it believes Zion to be like (smokers, pagan dancing etc.). And it is trying to prepare itself for the actual battle that it will face with Neo.
I don't entirely follow this, either, but if you're saying you believe the alleged "real world" to be nothing but a second Matrix to dupe those a little less easily fooled than most, than I would agree that it's a very likely explanation...and a rather clever one, too, as it ties up several other loose ends.

When I left the theater and begun discussing Reloaded, I was the only one defending that scene. I got the feeling that the whole point of it was to make the audience grow feelings towards the people of Zion more, so that they'd care more if and when they died, etc. And I like your HUMAN vs. MACHINE thought, too. But it was long, and after much debate/discussion, i think that it could have been done better.

As for complaints about CGIs : I'll admit that a few times too many it was quite noticable that it was fake, but the Wachowski Bros. made themselves the BEST loophole for that: it LOOKS fake becuase it IS in fact, FAKE. All of the fake looking parts were in the Matrix, and thus, not real. NO ONE can argue with that. (I don't think)

One last note: i live in Alameda where some of the film was shot. The whole Zion cave/rave thing was built in a makeshift soundstage in an abandoned hanger on a former Navy Base, and made almost entirely of styrafoam... i found that interesting anyways.

Neo's body plugs (except for the neck plug) were removed on the nebuchadnezzar in "The Matrix". Tank and Dosser never had body plugs because they were born in Zion. The rest of the crew had apparently been released from the matrix and bore only neck plugs to reenter the matrix when necessary.

The Matrix didn't know this. The Matirx knows that Morpheus, Trinity and Neo escaped through a land line controlled by someone named "operator". So, these characters were recreated in "Reloaded".

If Reloaded is the Matrix in practice for the actual events to happen in "Revolutions" then, it stands to reason that it would try to carry out as many scenarios as possible (practicing). Even using supernatural recreations. (So, the long fight scenes should of been expected and, heck, it's the Matrix so, kick back and enjoy these artists showing you some amazing choreography).

The Matrix will only be able to conquer Neo through his mind. It obviously failed in recreating Neo's scenario outside the Matrix, so,.. it doesn't know what to expect. If "Reloaded" was the Matrixs last practice scenario then, it appears to have decided on using the recreated Neo and the survivor on the table next to him, perhaps to fight the actual Neo?

Anyway, It's a clever way to get people to think philosophically.

Neo's body plugs (except for the neck plug) were removed on the nebuchadnezzar in "The Matrix". Tank and Dosser never had body plugs because they were born in Zion. The rest of the crew had apparently been released from the matrix and bore only neck plugs to reenter the matrix when necessary.
His plugs were removed automatically when he woke up, but what we saw in The Matrix Reloaded were the remaining outlets. I don't recall them removing anything else on the ship...you can't remove an outlet, anyway. You can only fill it up with something.

The Matrix didn't know this. The Matirx knows that Morpheus, Trinity and Neo escaped through a land line controlled by someone named "operator". So, these characters were recreated in "Reloaded".
You're implying that all of The Matrix Reloaded is a vast simulation in which Neo is the only actual person, and all of his friends and fellow rebels are computer simulations designed to fool him?

If Reloaded is the Matrix in practice for the actual events to happen in "Revolutions" then, it stands to reason that it would try to carry out as many scenarios as possible (practicing). Even using supernatural recreations. (So, the long fight scenes should of been expected and, heck, it's the Matrix so, kick back and enjoy these artists showing you some amazing choreography).

The Matrix will only be able to conquer Neo through his mind. It obviously failed in recreating Neo's scenario outside the Matrix, so,.. it doesn't know what to expect. If "Reloaded" was the Matrixs last practice scenario then, it appears to have decided on using the recreated Neo and the survivor on the table next to him, perhaps to fight the actual Neo?
You've lost me again. What do you mean by "Matrix in practice"?

Think of it this way Yoda,..

Reloaded is The Matrix Reloaded. Like reloading a weapon. It's gaining information for its defense or offense against Neo.

The actual survivor's,.. Neo and Trinity and Morpheus and Tank are relaxing in the actual untouched Zion.

The Matrix has no idea what Zion looks like so, we saw just one of the Matrixs scenarios for Zion. i.e. people were smoking in Zion,.. hmm,.. where were the tobacco fields? The crops of any kind?

There were so many "obvious" mistakes. I can't see these two writers making them other then on purpose.

The only other body plug (original The Matrix) that I can remember on Neo was the one they used for his I.V.. The other characters didn't seem to have any. Other then the one on the back of their necks.

I could be wrong.