Garfield the movie

Tools    

Enemies are so stimulating.
im sure some of you must of heard about this film being made? and im sure that most of you must be looking forward to it. well i am i used to watch garfield and friends whilst reading and drawing the comics when i was a kid. im so looking foward to this film...im not expecting it to be brilliant but it will hopefully still be fun to watch.

heres the PLOT summary from imdb.com

In this CGI film of the classic comic book cat known as Garfield, Garfields life is great. He eats, and sleeps, and thats all. Now, his owner, Jon Arbuckle, just got a lovable pooch named Odie. Garfield's life spirals out of control now that Odie is in the same household as him. One night, Odie is kidnapped, and Garfield feels that he is the blame for what happened. Garfield sets off to find the crook, and get Odie back.

CAST:

Breckin Meyer .... Jon Arbuckle
Bill Murray .... Garfield (voice)
Jennifer Love Hewitt .... Dr. Liz Wilson
Stephen Tobolowsky .... Walter J. Chapman
Geoffrey Gould .... Milkman

im so happy that bill murray is the voice of garfield. i cant think of everyone else better for the part.

it comes out in 2004.
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

I like the idea of the Garfield movie but i want to see the preview to see how they plan to create garfield.

The trailer is very underwhelming.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

It was beauty killed the beast.
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
The trailer is very underwhelming.
And that's putting it nicely.

Only for the weak
I agree that Bill Murray would make the perfect voice, but I have my doubts about the actual movie.

Looks like they completely killed this one. Why is Garfield dancing around the whole time? Makes no sense. He's supposed to be lazy, not a feline version of Richard Simmons.

Every time I try to watch a trailer of any kind, my computer freezes. EVERY TIME! So I have one question, is this kinda like Homeward Bound where there are real animals, but w/ voices, or is Garfield comp. animated?
And found he was eating his shoe.

Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
Every time I try to watch a trailer of any kind, my computer freezes. EVERY TIME! So I have one question, is this kinda like Homeward Bound where there are real animals, but w/ voices, or is Garfield comp. animated?
It's Hulk like animation, but much hokier.

Hollywood slaughters everything. Garfield kicks ass, but come on....

Originally Posted by Garrett
Hollywood slaughters everything. Garfield kicks ass, but come on....

It didn't slaughter the FIRST 2 Batman movies. Or Spiderman, yes it is overrated, it's still a good movie. I don't wanna watch the Hulk.

I absolutely LOVE Bill Murray. He's my hero.

And I wouldn't watch this ridiculous Garfield thing if they paid me...which seems unlikely (though it is certainly negotiable. Call me, Fox reps!).
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

It didn't slaughter the FIRST 2 Batman movies. Or Spiderman, yes it is overrated, it's still a good movie. I don't wanna watch the Hulk.
I didn't think that would be taken quite so literally...

I didn't think that would be taken quite so literally...
Well, I can't think of another way of taking, "Hollywood slaughters everything." Is there a double meaning that I didn't pick up or something? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just kinda dense.

Well, I can't think of another way of taking, "Hollywood slaughters everything." Is there a double meaning that I didn't pick up or something? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just kinda dense.
No, I probably should have chosen my words better. Sorry

No, I probably should have chosen my words better. Sorry

INDEED YOU SHOULD HAVE! (just kidding) ahe he

I lilke the comics but I don't think that I would like it as a movie it is already a comic and a cartoon why do they have to make it a movie?
Even if I think it is going to be a flop like "Cats and Dogs" but it still sounds interesting and cute so maybe I will see it!
See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

I love Garfield, used to collect the books, and get daily e-mails.

Bill Murray is the perfect casting for Garfield, but other than that, the film sounds really bad and the trailer looks it.

Messenger from Hades' Gate
I haven't seen the trailer yet, but I'm glad to see Murray portray Garfield.

PS: They need to re-release Garfield's Christmas on DVD!! I can't find it anywhere!!