Voice Actors

Tools    

Put me in your pocket...
I'm taping an anime at night and I'm really loving this one voice. It's deep and rich and...and...just makes me want to purrrr~~.
So now I'm getting obsessed in finding out more about him.

There are so many interesting voice's/voice actors out there. I just wanted to find out who you all like.

The voice I'm obsessing over right now is David Kaye's.
He's the voice of Sesshomaru in Inu-Yasha and was also Treize in Gundam Wing.

There are many other's I want to mention, but I thought I'd just get this thread started now. So who do you all like?

You mean, you watch anime, but you watch it dubbed? On purpose? I don't generally groove on the stuff, but I can't stand to see it any way other than in the original Japanese, reading the English subtitles.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

It's for her younger children though, Holden.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I can relate to what Holden is saying as that's the way I like to see an animation. But for the little ones it would have to be dubbed over.
As for voice overs/actors, I think Robin Williams did a great job and would've liked to have heard more.

Fox...you think Robin Williams did a great job in WHAT???

Didn't he do the voice of the genie in that Aladdin thing? Also in the beginning of the Mrs. Doubfire he does the voices to a cartoon that really got me thinking that he would have the perfect voice for that.
I'd like to hear more of him as a voice actor.

aaahhh...Aladdin....he was dang great in that...forgot about that little gem

Put me in your pocket...
Originally posted by Holden Pike
You mean, you watch anime, but you watch it dubbed? On purpose? I don't generally groove on the stuff, but I can't stand to see it any way other than in the original Japanese, reading the English subtitles.
I didn't want this thread to be just about anime voice actors....list any actors who have done voice overs. I probably shouldn't have started off with David Kaye and give that impression, but he was on my mind at the moment.

I hope this doesn't become a subbed vs. dubbed debate. I just wanted to appreciate voice talents. Please~~

Originally posted by Fox
Didn't he do the voice of the genie in that Aladdin thing? Also in the beginning of the Mrs. Doubfire he does the voices to a cartoon that really got me thinking that he would have the perfect voice for that.
I'd like to hear more of him as a voice actor.
You're right...Robin Williams was great as the Genie in Aladdin, and in doing the cartoon voice's in the beginning of Mrs. Doubtfire. He should do more.

Put me in your pocket...
Here's a few I wanted to name.....

Voice Actors
Mel Blanc
Bea Benadaret
Wendee Lee
Brian Drummond
Paul Dobson
Jason Marsden (Haku)~ Spirited Away(english version)
Roger L. Jackson~ (Mojo Jojo, Boogie Man, etc..)~ PPGirls
Kathie Soucie (Dexter's Mom)~ Dexter's Lab.
Jeff Bennett (Dexter's Dad)~Dexter's Lab.

Actors/voice overs
Kathleen Turner (Jessica Rabbit)~ Who Frammed Roger Rabbit
Eddie Murphy (Mushu and Donkey)~ Mulan and Shrek
John Lithgow (Lord Farquaad of Duloc) ~ Shrek
Richard White (Gaston)~ Beauty and the Beast
Tim Allen (Buzz Lightyear)~ Toy Story
Tom Hanks (Woody)~ Toy Story
James Earl Jones (Mufasa)~ The Lion King
Jeremy Irons (Scar)~ The Lion King
James Woods (Hades)~ Hercules
Meg Ryan (Anastasia)~ Anastasia
John Cusack (Dimitri)~ Anastasia
Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Jim Hawkins)~ Treasure Planet
Sebastian Cabot (Bagheera the Panther)~ Jungle Book

I think there are few really great voices out there that if they haven't already been used for voice actors, they should. Some I can think of:

Jeremy Irons
James Earl Jones
Christopher Lee
Robin Williams
Alan Rickman
Kathy Najimy

Jeremy Irons was Scar in The Lion King. James Earl Jones was Mufasa in The Lion King, and of course Darth Vader. Kathy Najimy does lots of voice work, most prominently Peggy Hill on "King of the Hill".

This I know Holden, I was giving some examples of people that have pretty good voices and if they hadn't already been used, they should.

I must become Caligari..!
Ray Liotta did a great job as the voice of Tommy Vercetti in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (2002) (VG). Video games are well know for there bad voice acting but GTA:VC certainly changed that. Burt Reynolds as well as some lesser know actors really made that game special.
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

It was beauty killed the beast.
Wouldn't Garrison Keillor (author, and host of the long running, and very entertaining, radio program A Prairie Home Companion) make a great voice actor? He did narrate a short animated film, but that's it so far. He has a rich textured voice that could be used to really great affect in the right role.

Thursday Is Best
Johnny Young Bosch
richard cox
kirbi maro

those arwe my fav

David Spade and John Goodman and Jennifer Sanders(She is doing the voice for Shriek Two!) for fairy Godmother!
Phil Hurtman(God bless his soul) is great on Simspons!
and that is it for now but it will be countuned one day!See you around!JM THE END?
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

Top 5 voice actors. 5=. . .oh nevermind, you get the picture by now. Some just have cool voices though.

5.Dan Cas. . .uhhhhhhhh. . .Homer Simpson

4.Jeremy Irons-his voice is just creepy.

3.Alan Rickman-his voice is just cool, I can't explain it.

2.Mel Blanc-the Loony Toons are classic, and out of all the different toons, ya know who plays them all?. . .this guy.

1.James Earl Jones-uhhhhhh, does "Darth Vader" ring any bells?
And found he was eating his shoe.

MovieForums Extra
Originally Posted by Kong
Wouldn't Garrison Keillor (author, and host of the long running, and very entertaining, radio program A Prairie Home Companion) make a great voice actor? He did narrate a short animated film, but that's it so far. He has a rich textured voice that could be used to really great affect in the right role.
I totally agree. I enjoy listening to him on the radio. Do you know the name of the film he did the narration for? I would be interested in seeing it.

"You Couldn't Make It Up...!!!"
Denis Leary was just excellent as the sabre toothed Diego in ICE AGE. Such calm panache jumping between "I want that baby!!!" and "I'm really your friend!"...

JR

Only for the weak
James Earl Jones was great in The Lion King and in Star Wars. Such a powerful voice.