Lost Films

Tools    

I wonder if I could beg the indulgence of site members and ask if they are aware of any lost films from the oeuvre of the great Alfred Spatchcock and his studio, 20th Century Spatchcock?

A project has been commenced to catalogue Spatchcock's entire body of works, and is already well under way at thelostfilms.co.uk

If you are aware of any missing films, please do alert the site, as they wish to make as complete a catalogue as possible.

The most recent discovery (From Here to Infirmity) was apparently languishing in someone's spare room for over 40 years!

Best Wishes

Wm Blunt

Semper Fooey
I found one in the backyard when I was looking for seashells.

Rosemary's Brother (1958)

Thank you, Will - I do believe you've found a new one!

Rosemary's Brother (1968)

Mimi Furrow, John Cassata

Another dismal attempt at a horror film from Spatchcock - not a genre he ever made his mark in. Audiences didn't warm to the suggestions of incest, and his decision to transpose the Ira Levin's story from New York to Wigan, Lancashire was questioned by many. The diminutive Furrow famously walked out half-way through filming, so her role was taken over by an understudy who was almost 6 inches higher, leading to some unusual camera angles for the second half of the film. One star.

Many thanks for your post in the other place, Will - much appreciated.

The films are slowly starting to come in, so thank you to members of movieforums,com who have already submitted entries.

Best Wishes

Bill Blunt