Who do you guys consider a better actor- Steve Buscemi or John Turturro?

Tools    

Well, the reason i'm asking this is because they are often compared actors, and would like to know what everyone else here thought? Who's more versatile and better at his craft? Obviously i realise, Steve Buscemi is far more popular and people know him more.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Kole_Koiott
Well, the reason i'm asking this is because they are often compared actors, and would like to know what everyone else here thought? Who's more versatile and better at his craft? Obviously i realise, Steve Buscemi is far more popular and people know him more.
Tough one. I guess it depends on the situation. I see Buscemi as more of a character actor, but an absolutely brilliant one, so I think it actually works in his favor. Tuturro has had some great performances (Miller's Crossing) and deserves credit as well, but I can't see them playing each others roles at all, so a comparison is difficult. Personally I have to take Buscemi, a he happens to be one of my favs. Thery both have great acting ability so this comes down to personal taste I guess.

Hi
Yeah, ultimately for me it depends on whose movies I enjoyed more because otherwise its a stalemate. So I'd have to go with Steve. He also was the only person that made me laugh in Mr Deeds. Except maybe..uhh John Turturro.....

I am having a nervous breakdance
They are both great actors but a bit different and, as someone said, hard to compare. Buscemi often plays characters that are very expressive so to speak while Turturro appears to be playing more low key kind of guys. (I haven't done any research - this is just what comes to mind right now). But who can ever forget Turturro's Jesus in The Big Lebowski. In which Buscemi, of course, plays a low key kind of guy... hmm.. Damn! Well, I like them both a lot. Buscemi has had the luck to play more "cool" roles perhaps which makes him more popular. But not necessarily the better actor.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Only for the weak
That is a tough one, I would go with Buscemi, but probably only because he's had more/better roles.

seeing as how Reservoir Dogs is one of my favorite movies of all time, it would have to be Mr. Pink himself.
And found he was eating his shoe.

STEVE owns John

Originally Posted by AlexBlack
STEVE owns John
At coolness maybe yes, but in acting talent? No.

I'd call it about even. They both do different things, so I don't see too much there to compare them directly.

JOHN TURTURRO'S BEST PERFORMANCES
1. Barton Fink (1991 - Coen Bros.)
2. Five Corners (1987 - Tony Bill)
3. Box of Moonlight (1996 - Tom DiCillo)
4. Men of Respect (1991 - William Reilly)
5. Miller's Crossing (1990 - Coen Bros.)
6. Do the Right Thing (1989 - Spike Lee)
7. 13 Conversations About One Thing (2001 - Jill Sprecher)
8. Illuminata (1998 - John Turturro)
9. Fearless (1993 - Peter Weir)
10. Quiz Show (1994 - Robert Redford)

STEVE BUSCEMI'S BEST PERFORMANCES
1. Ghost World (2000 - Terry Zwigoff)
2. Fargo (1996 - Coen Bros.)
3. Trees Lounge (1996 - Steve Buscemi)
4. Living in Oblivion (1995 - Tom DiCillo)
5. In the Soup (1992 - Alexandre Rockwell)
6. Reservoir Dogs (1992 - Quentin Tarantino)
7. Mystery Train (1989 - Jim Jarmusch)
8. The Grey Zone (2001 - Tim Blake Nelson)
9. The Big Lebowski (1997 - Coen Bros.)
10. Ed and His Dead Mother (1993 - Jonathan Wacks)

They've appeared in six films together so far (including the upcoming Romance & Cigarettes, directed by Turturro). They share the most screentime together in The Search for One-Eye Jimmy (1994). They play lovers in Miller's Crossing - though we never see them on screen together in the film. My all-time favorite exchange between them is in Barton Fink, when Turturro's Barton checks into the Hotel Earl and is greeted by Buscemi's helpful Chet at the front desk.

But as for talent...they're both very talented, and both welcome additions to any cast. As far as I'm concerned, anyway. I love 'em both.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I rule
Both great character actors, would'nt really say one was better than the other as they are both great at what they do.

REVIEWS

Anonymous Last told me to drop in ...

Originally Posted by feral cat
Both great character actors, would'nt really say one was better than the other as they are both great at what they do.
Go away friend of Mr Last...............only kidding

i have to say Turturro. i have yet to see hiim do a bad job in a movie. he was the only thing that made Mr.Deeds and Anger Manegment watchable.

I would have to agree and say Turturro... Too often Buscemi seems to play the same weird character. Sure he does so brilliantly, but look at the range of Johnny boy... From Brain Donors to Miller's Crossing with a little Big Lebowski thrown in, the guy is simply ON!

My Top 100 favorite movies.

THIS IS TOUGH!!! John or Steve....hmmmmmm. After alot of contemplating the issue (and browsing my dvd collection) my vote goes to..*drum roll*...
Johnny T!! I think the world of Buscemi, but I think John has a bit more depth and more "emotional" range than Steve. But, damn, it is a close one to call!!

Turturro was hilarious in The Big Lebowski but he's got nothing on Buscemi.

I consider Steve Buscemi better actor

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Originally Posted by Lance McCool
Turturro was hilarious in The Big Lebowski but he's got nothing on Buscemi.
No arguement here.