One hit wonder directors

Tools    

Who are the directors that only have one critically acclaimed film? Disregard personal favourites.

Directors I can think of on the top of my head would be Tony Kaye with American History X, Richard Kelly with Donnie Darko, and M. Night Shyamalan with The Sixth Sense. Although I enjoyed Shyamalan's The Village is was not as successful as Sixth Sense. What other directors out there fit this description?

Finished here. It's been fun.
Neill Blomkamp. District 9 is great, Elysium....not so much.

Richard Kelly - Donnie Darko
Daniel Myrick and Eduardo Sanchez - The Blair Witch Project
Tony Kaye - American History X
I can't believe anyone would credit The Blair Witch project as a hit, that movie bored the hell out of me but I totally agree

M. Night Shyamalan with The Sixth Sense. Although I enjoyed Shyamalan's The Village is was not as successful as Sixth Sense.
Signs is Shyamalan's best movie.

Tony Kaye - American History X (my favorite movie)
Sean Penn - Into The Wild (director)

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
Boaz Yakin: Remember the Titans
Michael Bay: The Rock (not sure if he counts since I think the first Transformers movie got pretty good reviews)
Michael Gondry: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Signs is Shyamalan's best movie.
I agree, i also thought Unbreakable was quite good. I wouldn't say he is a one hit wonder for me at least since the only 3 movies of his i've seen i enjoyed.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
To be a one hit wonder, in my opinion, would mean that you tried to make another film and it failed. You've only had one hit in your career. That one film was his career, in a directing sense anyway. He has nothing else in his directing career to compare it to. That's what it comes down to, comparing your work.

So in my books, it doesn't count.

Suspect's Reviews

Paul WS Anderson... Mortal Kombat was close, but his one and only genuinely decent film is Event Horizon.

Eli Roth for Cabin Fever. He wrote, produced, acted and directed it and though it wasn't great, it looks like a masterpiece next to his other stuff... the rest of Roth's work has been utter crap, nothing more nothing less... complete and utter crap... whether directing, writing, acting or producing, the guy is on a par with Uwe Boll. Cabin Fever is the one and only decent thing this guy has spewed out.
The one and only reason he gets work is because he sniffs around Tarantino.
Reminds me of Andrew Ridgeley.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Boaz Yakin: Remember the Titans
Michael Bay: The Rock (not sure if he counts since I think the first Transformers movie got pretty good reviews)
Michael Gondry: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
I don't think Michel Gondry counts. The Science of Sleep got good reviews and Be Kind Rewind got decent reviews.