2013 MoFo Fantasy Football Trading Block

Tools    

I'm loaded at WR (Welker, Cobb, Hilton), and I'm willing to consider dealing some of that for a solid TE, RB, or both. Just FYI.

Also willing to consider moving Aaron Rodgers (he of the 480 yards passing on Sunday) if it plugs a couple of holes for me at once, particularly if I get a good replacement at QB for him.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Alrighty then pair of trades consummated.

first up saying bubbye to Ahmad Bradshaw who i like a lot, but his chronic foot problems, not so much, in return for future star Giovanni Bernard.

Which prompted a pm exchange with Sleezemeister who has the law firm.

In the end, i traded the other handcuff Fred Jackson along with Stallion out of the gate TE Bennett for the currently ailing but hopefully not too too much longer Roddy White.

Let the night air cool you off
Yeah, I sent Bernard who I like because I need someone to step up now in case Reggie can't play this week. I sent that trade offer before his game Monday night, I might have been persuaded to hold on to him if I had waited, but as it is I think Bradshaw should provide more instant value for me. Bernard has more value longterm most likely though.

Is nobody checking their trade offers? I sent one in the preseason that sat for over a week, and another after week one that sat there for days until I canceled it. Just sent out a few more yesterday, so we'll see if anyone notices those.

If it helps, there's an option in everyone's Team Settings to get an email whenever you receive an offer.

Yes I got the one you sent me, seriously pondering it, will make a decision very soon.

Word (open to tweaks, too, if you like the general idea but want to rebalance a little).

No worries though, you've only had it for half a day. I was mostly grousing about the earlier stuff. Being 0-2 makes you cranky and impatient, it turns out.

Well you know my weak spot, but I can be unbiased for a moment and step back - I think Welker is going to keep getting numbers, of course Foster will as well and probably more overall, but key games is what I am thinking about suddenly and looking at the Broncos schedule it just might work out for me. It will definitely throw my bye week into more of a tailspin...

Is nobody checking their trade offers? I sent one in the preseason that sat for over a week, and another after week one that sat there for days until I canceled it. Just sent out a few more yesterday, so we'll see if anyone notices those.

If it helps, there's an option in everyone's Team Settings to get an email whenever you receive an offer.

Man I hear you on that. I havent noticed it because Ive sent fewer offers out than normal. Probably wont be sending any out in foreseeable future with my good start.

Yeah I hope everyones still involved and nobodys gone absent. There are alot of folks that would want in the MoFo league badly, and be involved throughout the season.

Well you know my weak spot, but I can be unbiased for a moment and step back - I think Welker is going to keep getting numbers, of course Foster will as well and probably more overall, but key games is what I am thinking about suddenly and looking at the Broncos schedule it just might work out for me. It will definitely throw my bye week into more of a tailspin...
Heh. Yeah, I'd be lying if I didn't notice the Broncos thing. But that's mainly just why I threw in Hillman. Clearly, Welker's a #1 WR again with all these red zone looks (I think he was an absolute steal where I got him, especially in PPR), and with Foster there are some not-insignificant injury concerns. Especially with Tate getting a dozen touches a game and doing so much with them.

You're mostly Broncos now. But like the Pats a few years ago or the Pack this year, it might be one of those teams that puts up so many points that banking on them entirely is a perfectly viable strategy.

Of course, suddenly I need Hilton to have the breakout year he's capable of, so I feel a lot less fuzzy than I did when both my WRs were studs. But given the injuries, I'd rather worry about that than whether or not I'll even have two playable guys at RB.

I immediately thought Dionne was gonna regret this one, but Tate is taking on alot more work consistently, and Im sure its to further Arians time on the field lessening chances of injury. The monster games though may be behind Arian Foster. Maybe.

Either way Yodas stacked with RBs now. I think 11AM may go to the playoffs and the line pointing to how it happened will start with this trade. One big trade can definitely do it for a squad, good or bad. Im sure accepting the offer for Brees & Bolding giving up Stafford & Mike Williams is that trade for me.

Playoffs may look like a reunion of all the old school MoFos, but those Jamaales, whoooooa!

Not sure if Stacked at RB is quite accurate. MJD needs to recover and be a force. That isnt automatic i dont think.

If Chris can secure a legit TE1 though, look out.

Oh and Jamales, no im not dumping Richardson, Ridly and Gronk for pennies on the dollar.

Yeah, I sure don't feel stacked. Foster's still very good but I think it's a given he'll be something less than a total workhorse going forward (which is the only reason I was able to get him, even for a top WR, I think), and MJD is a bit of a question mark right now. I think it's more likely than not that both will be top 10 backs going forward, but it's far from a sure thing. I bought low on MJD a couple of years ago and it worked out well, though, so I have faith. But it does, in fact, require a little faith right now.

As for TE...Myers seems solid and Cook could breakout, but that involves some speculation, too. So I'm cautiously optimistic one or both of them will be good enough to be an every week guy. Guess we'll find out. I can't afford too many early season losses, though.

Had an offer this week from Petey for Knowshon Moreno. He was offering Josh Freeman, Marlon Brown, and Ronnie Brown.

In the Beginning...
PW did me a semi-solid and accepted Eli Manning for Philip Rivers. Even though Rivers is his QB2, I still think it's a more favorable trade for me, considering how strong Rivers' play has been so far. He threw a pretty pedestrian game this week, but that's to be expected now and then. I'm hoping the overall numbers trend stays up in the QB1 range.

By comparison, Eli Manning (who is typically inconsistent and frustrating anyway) has been absolutely nonexistent as a fantasy presence. I was hoping he'd be a high risk-high reward sort of player, particularly with the support staff there in New York. But it seems they just can't get it going and, at 1-2 crawling out of last place, I'm not interested in waiting until they do.

Viva la Felipe de Rios!

A system of cells interlinked
Had to decline, Yods! Not a big Foster fan, and AJ Green is the man! It will take a golden offer to get him off my squad!

No worries. At this point I just need to shake things up, so I'm sending out some pretty big offers. But if the value isn't there, and I have to stand pat, so be it. I'm super happy with my talent level, even if the production hasn't been there for a host of reasons (bad timing, injuries, or both).

Nate Burleson broke his arm in two places in a car accident last night. Was gonna start him this week since a one-legged Fitz is going up against Revis Island sunday. Made a trade offer to Dionne offering Knowshon Moreno for Ryan Broyles.

Had an offer this week from Petey for Knowshon Moreno. He was offering Josh Freeman, Marlon Brown, and Ronnie Brown.

Made a trade offer to Dionne offering Knowshon Moreno for Ryan Broyles.
What a difference a week makes eh.