Donald Trump for President?

Tools    

lol why would you hold the paper like that unless you were trying to hide the fact that there is nothing written on it?
criticker

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
They could both be true - it could've been a collaborative effort. It could be he wrote his own draft, but then preferred the one provided by his staff. He may have made an outline that he provided it to the others and they fleshed out the words, etc.
You must be out of your mind ...again.

I know these seem like contradictions, but they're not, because I'm biased, which metaphysically transmogrifies the nature of truth and flips the polarity on the principle of non-contradiction.
Translated - Donald Trump is a lying p.o.s. fake.

From the Wall Street Journal article in Yodas post.

"About 58% of the address featured nationalist themes, the highest since Ronald Reagan in 1981, according to a Journal analysis of the language. Mr. Trump aimed to show unity by using plural pronouns—our, we or us—in nearly 10% of his speech, a higher rate than his most recent three predecessors did in their inaugural addresses."

Its from a business model of copying success. It doesnt matter that the country is in MUCH better shape domestically or internationally when Reagan took over. He will continue to use Ronnies "great communicator" skills if theyre applicable or not. Why? Because people will follow what "sounds" good.

"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." - Don Marquis

Gregg Popovich, the coach of the San Antonio Spurs, ripped into Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...d-trump-again/

The march today was great. The message is important. It could have been a whole lot of groups marching. Somebody said on TV, ‘What’s the message?’ The message is obvious. Our president comes in with the lowest rating of anybody whoever came into the office. There’s a majority of people out there, since Hillary won the popular vote, that don’t buy his act.
I think it really takes guts to speak out like that, given he coaches the Spurs and Trump won Texas.

I also think the protests are healthy for a number of reason, the first one being to send a message to Trump and to the country that this man is not fit to be president, and he is dangerous. It's not about a Republican winning the presidency, it's about this man winning the presidency.

I believe someone was advocating waiting to see what his policies are before protesting, but there's plenty to protest now well beyond Trump's thin-skinned narcissism. There's his bromance with Putin, there's his talk about NATO, there's his dismissal of (or at least waffling on) environmental issues, there's the threat to planned parenthood, there's his dismissal of the intelligence agencies, there's his berating of the free press (our absolute best defense against a president's abuse of power), there's his reckless attack on the ACA (which many rely on for health insurance), there's his trade policies, there's his reckless stance against China, etc. If there's not something there worthy of protesting, I don't know what would be. And as I said, that's not including his brash incompetence.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot about his refusal to make transparent his dozens of business deals around the world, everyone one of which represents a conflict of interest.

I believe someone was advocating waiting to see what his policies are before protesting, but there's plenty to protest now well beyond Trump's thin-skinned narcissism. There's his bromance with Putin, there's his talk about NATO, there's his dismissal of (or at least waffling on) environmental issues, there's the threat to planned parenthood, there's his dismissal of the intelligence agencies, there's his berating of the free press (our absolute best defense against a president's abuse of power), there's his reckless attack on the ACA (which many rely on for health insurance), there's his trade policies, there's his reckless stance against China, etc. If there's not something there worthy of protesting, I don't know what would be. And as I said, that's not including his brash incompetence.
I was here.

First of all, I don't think the "he's incompetent and dangerous"-argument is very effective, unless it's elaborated on. The sentiment has been used constantly throughout the entire campaign and he still won.

My main issue with this protest is that it was not focused on all of the rational problems you're laying out here. It was purely held on a vague symbolic message and I think it was not really effective in trying to convince any of the normal Trump voters. On the contrary.

Heres Trump saying the right thing, I hope he does it now.

Denying feud over Russia hacking, Trump vows support to CIA

U.S. President Donald Trump tried to ease tensions with the CIA on Saturday, telling officers he had their back after he had leveled unprecedented criticism against spy agencies for their investigation into Russian hacking during the election.

In his first official visit to a government agency as president, Trump — who had said U.S. intelligence tactics were reminiscent of Nazi Germany — sought to leave no doubt with officers that he supported their work.

Even so, some analysts said it would take more than a quick visit for Trump to patch up relations with a community that he has denigrated. A large part of Trump's off-the-cuff remarks on Saturday were not related to the work of the CIA, at times sounding more like a campaign rally than an address to intelligence professionals.

Trump made no mention of Russia during his remarks, which included praise for his nominee to head the Central Intelligence Agency, Mike Pompeo, a pledge to fight Islamic State and a rant against the media, which he said invented his feud with intelligence agencies.

"Very, very few people could do the job you people do and I want you to know I am so behind you," Trump said, to cheers and loud applause from about 400 officers who packed the building's atrium to hear him speak.

Ahead of his inauguration, Trump had harshly criticized intelligence officials after they concluded that Russian President Vladimir Putin directed hackers to breach Democratic emails to try to boost Trump's presidential election campaign. He has since accepted those conclusions.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...ing/ar-AAm5Syr

Standard procedure is to close most controversial threads, but only after a significant period of inactivity. The (admittedly unofficial) distinction between the threads is that this one's mostly been about things relating to the campaign (and any discussions or disputes arising from that), and the President Trump thread has been more about his actual Presidency.

I expect him to do something that he can point to and say "see! There's the wall!," but I doubt it'll be anything like what he's described (and nevermind about Mexico paying for it). Maybe beef up portions of the border fence described in preexisting legislation, or something. It'll be a political fig leaf, really, but that'll do fine for people who're already in the tank. We're already seeing similar Potemkin policy victories with these farcical negotiations to keep factories in the U.S.

Standard procedure is to close most controversial threads, but only after a significant period of inactivity. The (admittedly unofficial) distinction between the threads is that this one's mostly been about things relating to the campaign (and any discussions or disputes arising from that), and the President Trump thread has been more about his actual Presidency.
Yes. That thread (President Trump) is about anything regarding his Presidency. It is not some happy pro-Trump thread. It is the sequel to "Donald Trump for President?" When he is no longer President, there can be a third thread dealing with life after President Trump and it can be a Trump Trilogy of Threads.

Trump will build a tiny little toy wall, like Spinal Tap built Stonehenge
I've posted this before, but professionals (people who study geography, and engineers) have said that a continuous "wall" is physically impossible - there are rivers, and valleys, and mountains, and canyons that pop up along the terrain. A porous wall might help funnel crossing activity to certain areas (gaps in the landscape where a wall structure is unfeasible) where it could be better monitored or controlled, but there is no foolproof, absolute solution that the suggestion of a "wall" infers.

USA! USA! USA!...

Sorry, not about your post....Just the whole idea of fervent nationalism is funny, in a disturbing way. Yes, you're right about the geographic features, they would make it very hard to build a contiguous wall, though I bet the Chinese could do it

Trump won't be building a wall.