Notice for new users

Tools    

You want to post like me?
so people should just be able to create an account an advertise away? Not that the 10 post rule stops them, I guess, but at least they may take their crap to another site.

BANNED
so people should just be able to create an account an advertise away? Not that the 10 post rule stops them, I guess, but at least they may take their crap to another site.
what the heck you talkin about

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
HUH What?

what the heck you talkin about
I agree!

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

I mean that it would be eaiser to join another forum if your only intention is advertising your own movies and stuff like that (if that site doesn't have a 10 posts limit for posting links). At this forum you have to post 10 posts before you're able to add links (and thereby advertise). At least it's something. Is that only making sense in my head? :P

BANNED
I mean that it would be eaiser to join another forum if your only intention is advertising your own movies and stuff like that (if that site doesn't have a 10 posts limit for posting links). At this forum you have to post 10 posts before you're able to add links (and thereby advertise). At least it's something. Is that only making sense in my head? :P

It makes sense if YOU are trying to spam on this board with your own crap. But i was just pointing out we cant post links, till wwe get to 10 posts.

And I was just pointing out that I think it makes sence as a precaution (though a minor one) against spamming and advertising?

Wasn't personal

It makes sense if YOU are trying to spam on this board with your own crap. But i was just pointing out we cant post links, till wwe get to 10 posts.
It makes sense no matter who you are. It's another barrier for spammers, and it's proved to be a pretty useful one, too. I don't know what you're disagreeing with.

And it's only "silly" if you start with the assumption that any rule which does not directly apply to you is meaningless. But seeing as how we can't always differentiate between spammers and normal people, it's necessary.

Yep, it works. It just worked about oooooh 15 minutes ago.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone join late at night, start making a thread, and poof, gone.

BANNED
It makes sense no matter who you are. It's another barrier for spammers, and it's proved to be a pretty useful one, too. I don't know what you're disagreeing with.
I can understand the point about spammers...but where do you see me disagreeing with anyone. I'm just talking

BANNED
And whats with the negative rep? Martian Leader agreed with me... give him negative rep too.

I can understand the point about spammers...but where do you see me disagreeing with anyone. I'm just talking
Saying it's "silly" wasn't a criticism (and therefore, disagreement) with the decision? Also, this:
"It makes sense if YOU are trying to spam on this board with your own crap."
Sounds like an argument to me. But I can't really grasp the point you're trying to make. What Kasper said makes sense whether someone's trying to spam or not. It makes sense as long as you know that spammers exist at all.

And whats with the negative rep? Martian Leader agreed with me... give him negative rep too.
I did, actually, but not for agreeing with you. Not that whether or not I did is really of any relevance to this discussion.

I gave you negative rep because I felt you were criticizing Kasper for no good reason. He wrote something perfectly understandable and rational, and your response was: "what the heck you talkin about." This isn't how people ask about things when they actually don't understand something (though I'm not sure what would have been hard to understand about his post, anyway); it's rhetorical. It implies that he's said something unreasonable or confusing, which he hadn't.

Frankly, if you're not disagreeing with people, or criticizing the link posting minimum, then what are all these posts supposed to be about?

BANNED

Frankly, if you're not disagreeing with people, or criticizing the link posting minimum, then what are all these posts supposed to be about?
Mainly i just stated the fact that we needed 10 posts to post a link...in reference to you saying.....

Originally Posted by Yoda
I don't think there are any other post minimum restrictions. I'll let you know if I run across/remember any, though.
That's it.

You said you thought it was "silly." That's a criticism. Which is perfectly fine; you can criticize the policy if you like, but that's where this all stems from. I guarantee you that none of the posts which have followed that word would exist without it.

Kasper said he understood the policy's purpose of weeding out spammers, and you acted like he wasn't making sense. Frankly, I don't get it. I don't get what you were trying to say to him, or why you seemingly don't see how any of this constitute criticism or disagreement. But it's not terribly important, anyway, so I guess there's not much use in arguing about it further.

BANNED
You said you thought it was "silly." That's a criticism. Which is perfectly fine; you can criticize the policy if you like, but that's where this all stems from. I guarantee you that none of the posts which have followed that word would exist without it.

Kasper said he understood the policy's purpose of weeding out spammers, and you acted like he wasn't making sense. Frankly, I don't get it. I don't get what you were trying to say to him, or why you seemingly don't see how any of this constitute criticism or disagreement. But it's not terribly important, anyway, so I guess there's not much use in arguing about it further.

Whoa, chill. all this cause i gave my opinion on the fact we need 10 posts to give links???

One simple response to my opinion could have been given in one post. I dont understand why you are going on and on about this. I just gave my opinion on one of the post restrictions.

Anyway...

BANNED
I honestly tried to do that mate.
I was talkin to Yoda , you're ok Kasper.

Whoa, chill. all this cause i gave my opinion on the fact we need 10 posts to give links???
Er, no. Because you called it silly and then acted all confused when someone explained why it wasn't, and then acted confused again when I recounted what had happened. And now again.

I don't think pointing any of this out should be taken to mean that I'm not perfectly calm, either.

One simple response to my opinion could have been given in one post. I dont understand why you are going on and on about this. I just gave my opinion on one of the post restrictions.
I'm going on about it because you keep insisting that you weren't arguing or criticizing, and keep trying to make out that you're some kind of victim.

As for "one simple response" -- as Kasper pointed out, you were given one simple response. And you asked him "what the heck" he was talking about. Why? He politely explained again (even though it was perfectly clear the first time), and then you said something bizarre about it only making sense if he were a spammer. Why? Neither of those replies makes sense, and it's a little weird that you keep trying to pretend you just made one casual offhand remark, when I can clearly scroll back a bit and see that that's not what happened.

Ever after all this, I still have no clue what you were trying to say with those two responses to Kasper, and I don't know why you keep acting like this argument was inflicted on you somehow.

My life isn't written very well.
Ah whatever happened to those wonderful religious discussions we used to have; you know, free will vs God and such...?

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

My life isn't written very well.
What exactly are you trying to insinuate about Yoda's avatar?