Real Life Aliens

Tools    

So, I was wondering what you people think about the idea of real life aliens. If they exist, what do they look like?
There have been a lot of films dealing with the subject and offering their interpretations, so if they exist, one of them must have gotten close. Whose aliens would they be, what do you reckon?

On a more general note, I believe that our encounters can go in three possible ways.
- they're more intelligent than us in which case they eventually enslave us.
- they're less intelligent than us in which case we eventually enslave them.
- they're the same as us, in which case we only get a new race, which will eventually turn into some kind of a war.

Yeah, bleak, I know. I would love to hear your opinions.

“I was cured, all right!”
Not shure about aliens... but Devils do exist!
There's one in hollywood. He is disguised as an actor,
they have done a biography movie with his true form:

Good actor by the way.

Perlman is such a cool guy. I remember reading somewhere about an interview he gave where the interviewer asked him why he didn't really make such great movie choices in his career. And he just told her "Look, I've put my two kids through college with this."

Makes sense.

So, I was wondering what you people think about the idea of real life aliens. If they exist, what do they look like?
There have been a lot of films dealing with the subject and offering their interpretations, so if they exist, one of them must have gotten close. Whose aliens would they be, what do you reckon?

On a more general note, I believe that our encounters can go in three possible ways.
- they're the same as us, in which case we only get a new race, which will eventually turn into some kind of a war.

It's tempting to think that there's some kind of universal constant where the humanoid shape and size is where all life ends up (there are several science fiction examples where this is dealt with quite explicitly). It would be interesting to hear a scientist's take on that, but you'd think any alien would have to be close to our physical form, especially their hands, if they wanted to build technology and travel through space.

The mention of intelligence is interesting because there's that quite clever notion in some science fiction where aliens are benign but still, even inadvertently, deadly to humans. Things like Solaris or even the couple of Star Trek examples like V'Ger or the Probe in the first and fourth films respectively.

Moved to Intermission, since the topic isn't really about movies.

I incline towards them not existing.
I always liked Dune for that very chilly idea that there's virtually nothing out there. I don't know the full Dune universe but I get the impression there are the sandworms on Arrakis, and then everything else in the universe is just a mutated version of human beings, as well as the sentient machines that were defeated by humankind 10,000 years prior to the first novel.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Reptilians live deep inside Earth's core and control all world governments using hypnosis. Haven't you heard?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Probably better to incline away from them - just in case they do exist and prove to be adversarial ..... I think all Mofo's would rather you erred on the side of safety.

Reptilians live deep inside Earth's core and control all world governments using hypnosis. Haven't you heard?
I have heard something of the kind .

All people who deny this are either controlled by Reptilians, or are Reptilian agents sent to Earth's surface in order to enslave the free societies of the world.

Actually, that would make a cool conspiracy theory movie.

All people who deny this are either controlled by Reptilians, or are Reptilian agents sent to Earth's surface in order to enslave the free societies of the world.

Actually, that would make a cool conspiracy theory movie.
It basically reminds me of David Icke's conspiracy theories.

Yeah, I kind of enjoy these theories. I thought about making a found footage mockumentary (Setsuko Hara was an alien was one of my ideas for some absolutely bonkers theory), but I don't have enough skill at editing or commitment.

It'd be too easy to think we're the only species in the massive galaxy. They have to exist.
I think it's nice to assume that aliens exist on other planets. There's probably aliens that look and could be considered human -- on distant planets. There are so many planets out there... we don't even know how many. If we're truly the only planet with creatures on it - in the entire universe - then the universe is far darker and stranger than we thought. At least if there are aliens, then there's a purpose for all that's going on out there. If there's just billions and billions of planets, but no life on them... that's macabre. That's a disturbing, pointless use of design. That would mean God's crazier than we thought.

Perhaps aliens don't exist right now. Maybe the alien civilization existed 2 billion years ago and right now we are the only thinking creatures in the universe, but then after we are no longer on Earth some civilization will emerge in the deepest corners of space in about 3 billions years.

My problem with the first scenario is if an alien race has the technology to get here from another star system, they most likely have no need of slaves - they'd probably just rely on technology.

What they might need is resources (thus a reason to stop by our planet) to either keep their technology running or keep themselves running. They might just eliminate us for being in the way like the infesting insects that we are, or they might just strip the planet bare and we'd all die as a result... or they might just ignore us, take what they need and leave us to fend for ourselves with whatever is left behind.

A worser case scenario is that if they live off protein, we might be a handy food source (although larger animals like cattle would probably be more practical, or if there was a way to capture the majority of insect life on the planet in one swoop - that would be even more practical as insects are the most abundant non-plant life forms on the planet).

A scary scenario I saw on one show was aliens sending nano-technology to our planet - which could infiltrate without us even knowing it and wipe us or our resources out before we could even realize what was happening.