45.16%
28 votes
The Sixties
54.84%
34 votes
Animation
62 votes. You may not vote on this poll

This:
Everybody, please make sure you are reading the thread properly. The poll isn't asking which list we should do, it's asking which list we should do first.

The MoFo Top Animation List is going to happen. This is a fact. If the 60s list wins this poll, that just means that it'll be a little longer before the animated list is compiled, but it WILL be compiled.

And I'm a little surprised that you of all people would be against the animated list.
The vote will be whatever it is, but it's pretty clear at least a handful of people may not have understood what they were voting for.

Sixties. Not that excited about an animation list. All the top films will probably be predictable, especially if we have loads of ballots, then the lower places will be more random based on a few users who place them higher, a bit like the comic but list, I'm not sure. Actual decades with no rules are much more interesting for me as I want to watch all sorts and can watch animation there, if they were that good they'd make the lists anyway.

I think I might start watching some sixties films in preparation for the list, as I started too late with the seventies stuff for it to have much of an impact on my list.

...animation list. All the top films will probably be predictable
I think all the top films of any countdown we do will be predictable.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

All the top films will probably be predictable... then the lower places will be more random based on a few users who place them higher, a bit like the comic [book] list,.
Isn't that a bit like every MoFo list we've done?

Doesn't seem like a valid reason to vote against the animated list to me.

I was going to say the same thing. The top films are always predictable with the lists.

I suppose, but not to the same extent, especially in the 70s list where there are pretty much quality films throughout. I'm just worried that based off the comic book list the bottom half will be more sporadic, especially in terms of order.

My main argument though is about quality, animation if a medium of film, but its still a film and they are eligible for the normal lists, and if people hold them in that high regard they make the lists (as some have). I'd rather watch the top fifth films of all time than the top 50 animations, because they'll be the best and could include animations if deservedly so.

I suppose, but not to the same extent, especially in the 70s list where there are pretty much quality films throughout.
So you doubt that there will be quality films throughout an animated list?

I think you need to watch more animation.

I'm especially excited for the lower half of the animated list, which will be the more obscure stuff and will probably have the most variety of animation styles.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
What's up with people changing their vote? Oh, nevermind. Sixties win anyways.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

We'll do them both anyway, so I think we should do the animation list first. We'll have more time to explore the '60s and in the meantime there's another fun list to keep us busy a little bit.

Some variation is always welcome, in my opinion.