President Trump

Tools    

no, it's not 'primarily about abortion' - that is disingenuous. Planned Parenthood is the largest abortion provider in the US, yeah, but it's a fairly small portion of the array of their services

Right, but the fight to defund is about abortion not women's health. Would you be willing to take away their right to provide abortions to keep those other services?

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by Paul Ryan
The government shouldn’t tell you what you must do with your life...
That is unless you are sick and want to end it then "FU, you gotta keep suffering and pay your taxes."

And if you want to transition genders then "FU, you gotta pee where we tell you."

And if you want to smoke pot then "FU, drugs are bad and we gotta protect your health."

And you want to let your kids play outside by themselves then "FU, we need to protect our children because they are the future, and we wouldn't want them growing up without them learning they need someone telling them what to do."

This is why most conservatives are just one big joke to me, but I digress...
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

no, it's not 'primarily about abortion' - that is disingenuous. Planned Parenthood is the largest abortion provider in the US, yeah, but it's a fairly small portion of the array of their services
I've heard this claim a lot, but it's very misleading. It counts all sorts of tiny things--even if they take place during a single visit--as individual "services." So if someone gets a pregnancy test, is given some birth control, and gets an abortion...they say abortion was just a third of what they did. Here's a Washington Post analysis, which even discusses the exact same chart you posted, that goes into more detail.

The more relevant metric, since we're talking about them needing funding, is revenue. And that seems to make up more like a third of their clinic income.

It's also telling to compare abortions not to any other medical service, but to its alternatives. And the numbers there are amazingly lopsided:

Planned Parenthood affiliates perform about 20 abortions for every prenatal care visit and about 200 abortions for every adoption referral based on the approximately 300,000 abortions they perform each year.
So no, they don't only do abortion. But it's a huge part of what they do, and they do very little (contra the organization's name) for people who actually want to become parents.

^you should already know the answer to that lol
I do, and I don't assume you care nothing about women's health because of the answer. The right is playing dirty politics with PP in my opinion but they are doing it because of their desire to limit abortions. If you feel an unborn child is a life like I do, it's hard to fault them. It certainly doesn't mean I want you to not get screened for cancer or have safe sex though.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i'm not going to respond anymore in this thread about PP. feels weird. if anyone still wants to bother, and it gets moved to an appropriate thread, cool

has he EVER spoken out against any of it?

Can't say I see how not paying for something is "telling people what to do." If anything, it's the other way: wanting government funding for something is antithetical to it being someone's own business.
It's not going to be fixed by walls and travel bans but it also won't be fixed by sanctuary cities and turning a blind eye to our problem. Both parties need to get their heads out of their asses and reform the system. Make it affordable and fair for people to come her legally. Not going to happen, we are too content screaming racist and felon apologist back and forth at each other.
My thoughts as well.

paying for something that is necessary for some people isn't 'telling them what to do' either.

and we both know they aren't trying to defund PP because they feel like it's 'none of [their] business', either, but because they don't think it should be paid for or funded with government money. which is pretty stupid, because if you don't want people to have abortions, not providing free birth control to poor people doesn't seem like a good way to make sure that doesn't happen
Trump said if they stop doing abortions the funding comes back.

People need to get beyond their paranoia and stop segregating bathrooms. Don't pass MORE legislation to give certain people the privilege to use either, that's just obfuscating a problem with another problem.

Trump threatens hard-liners as part of escalating Republican civil war

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...MXx?li=BBnb7Kz

Are you feeling great yet? Im not. What a dark chapter in the history books this time we are presently in will be.

Are you feeling great yet? Im not. What a dark chapter in the history books this time we are presently in will be.
Why do you bite such obvious bait?

For ****'s sake, TONGO, it says it right in the article, Trump's trying get the Republicans who are further right than him to bend knee so he can pass this new healthcare act, THIS IS TO THE LEFT'S ADVANTAGE, yet you take the interpretation that casts it like Trump's trying start a friggen' civil war.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide

If it's a dark chapter in history to instil a bit of common sense and humanity in Republicans, then, yeah, I am all for it.

So, the Fat Man is resorting to bullying again? Not even surprised.

It baffles me how this man still has supporters. A man who lacks anything and everything presidential aside from the TITLE, treats everyone who opposes him with blatant disrespect and, honestly, he acts like a child throwing a tantrum. Even those nausea-inducing pictures of his raging face look like a child who was just told he can't have ice cream.

I'm not trying to be funny either--that's how he acts and it's unnerving. THIS is the man who holds our launch codes...

And what's worse--his supporters seem to want him to rise above the constitution and frown upon checks and balances. Whether his supporters see it or not--that's essentially a call for a dictatorship on their end. Frightening. Downright frightening. He THREATENS people like a dictator, for crying out loud.

So, the Fat Man is resorting to bullying again? Not even surprised.
You're calling him "Fat Man".

I still can't believe the amount of fickle-minded sheeple that were "won over" by his recent speech.
I can't believe our country elected a man who throws temper tantrums like this.
Does anyone honestly still believe that this """president""" (I think I just threw up a little) actually cares about Americans? Oh, wait--many still do, for some crazy-a$$ reason...baffles me.
It baffles me how this man still has supporters.
I can't believe you're still baffled.

Frightening. Downright frightening. He THREATENS people like a dictator, for crying out loud.
2 weeks earlier:

I don't care if people like his policies. That's your prerogative--but there is NO excuse for the man flapping his mouth off on twitter all day long. You're a PRESIDENT--BE presidential!
4 weeks earlier:

And it downright frightens me how Trump and his supporters tell those of us who don't like him to basically "shut up". Uh...last I checked, it's our right as Americans to voice our opinions.
That's his right and prerogative. You wanna tell him what he can and can't do with his Twitter account? What are you some sort of dictator?

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Buy your own damn abortions
Trump said if they stop doing abortions the funding comes back.
first of all,

i'm not going to respond anymore in this thread about PP. feels weird. if anyone still wants to bother, and it gets moved to an appropriate thread, cool
second of all, don't bother quoting me anymore on this subject cause you're rude and i won't respond to you after this on any thread kthx