The MoFo Top 100 of the 2010s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Love Gone Girl. It has a weirdly addictive flow to it. It's just so ii]lean[/i] and easy to watch, and the dialogue crackles. And Rosamund Pike is just so, so damn good in it, too. Extraordinary casting.

The truth is in here
Rosamund Pike is tremendous. She deserves all the praise she can get.

However, maybe I'm alone in thinking Ben Affleck's performance is getting a little underrated? This was the first time he really impressed me in a movie, and he arguably has the most difficult role since the script at times makes him seem sympathetic but then will throw us a curveball and make us think he's a pathetic, selfish idiot. He pulled off that character flawlessly.

We've gone on holiday by mistake

Probably my favourite scene in EOT. You don't wanna **** with this guy.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Never saw Edge of Tomorrow but the trailer looks horrid.

I like Take Shelter quite a bit but I can't think of it straight without thinking of @Swan's love for Chastain.

Before Midnight is very good but it isn't my favorite of the Before trilogy plus the previous two films feel very intrinsic to it.

I hated Gone Girl's first 30 minutes but then started enjoying it quite a bit. Not too shabby in the end.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Gone Girl - I thought Zodiac was okay at the time and was surprised to see some people rave about the tension and portrayal of obsession or something. Haven't revisited. Skipped The Social Network (somehow I felt like I could imagine how a Sorkin depiction of this story would go and it didn't interest me). Nearly watched Gone Girl as a casual watch while visiting family one holiday, but they weren't interested. Watched Mank. It was also, "okay." Way back in my angsty, edgier teen years really loved Se7en and Fight Club, no idea what I'd think of them now. I'm sure Gone Girl is "okay." Maybe I'm underestimating and it's actually tense and thrilling to a degree I'm just not expecting from Fincher for the past decade (two decades?), but I suspect there's just a gap in terms of what other people see in his movies and my experience with them.

Before Midnight - Actually a blindspot that I meant to rectify at some point. I've seen some Linklater, but not a lot. I finally did watch Before Sunrise a year or two ago. I'm interested enough to at least watch the next two at some point.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
I've seen both Before Midnight and Gone Girl when they came out ... well, decent stuff outside of my top 60 of the decade.
---

• 66. Before Midnight (2013)
+ (63/100)
I like this trilogy as a whole. Ethan Hawke is a cult figure here, very charismatic.
The last film of the series was very painful, watching how the world-wide injected pandemic starts ruining Hawke's micro-cosmos. That's why, I rate it considerably lower than the first two films.

• 65. Gone Girl (2014)
(69/100)
Rosamund Pike proved herself as a leading actress of the new generation. Extremely gifted performer. Superbly created character of the virus born from the current regime of the masses greatly developed in the later I Care a Lot (2020)... Yeah bitch, show them who took the world.

Love Gone Girl. It has a weirdly addictive flow to it. It's just so ii]lean[/i] and easy to watch, and the dialogue crackles. And Rosamund Pike is just so, so damn good in it, too. Extraordinary casting.
Agreed. Never tire of it.