Occupy Wall Street

Tools    

So, any supporters? Any againsters? Anyone able to make sense of what they want?

Also, where is the money coming from? Who is behind this?

What are the MoFoer's opinions on this movement?

Semper Fooey
Dexter Riley is for it.

Yoda is against it.

I don't care.

They are against corporate greed. That's about it.

I'm for a protest but the location of all these Occupies is incorrect (if you're not in DC you're not gonna get anywhere) and therefore I find them rather stupid. Also I find it stupid that at least half of the people protesting have no idea what they're talking about or don't want to work for anything. If they moved all the Occupy protesters to DC, it would be great, but that wouldn't happen because most of them leave at night to sleep in their houses.

Semper Fooey
This flipped out chickenhawk nut is against it. Anybody here know what the initials FM stands for?

ANARCHY

posted 11.7.2011

Everybody’s been too damn polite about this nonsense:

The “Occupy” movement, whether displaying itself on Wall Street or in the streets of Oakland (which has, with unspeakable cowardice, embraced it) is anything but an exercise of our blessed First Amendment. “Occupy” is nothing but a pack of louts, thieves, and rapists, an unruly mob, fed by Woodstock-era nostalgia and putrid false righteousness. These clowns can do nothing but harm America.

“Occupy” is nothing short of a clumsy, poorly-expressed attempt at anarchy, to the extent that the “movement” – HAH! Some “movement”, except if the word “bowel” is attached - is anything more than an ugly fashion statement by a bunch of iPhone, iPad wielding spoiled brats who should stop getting in the way of working people and find jobs for themselves.

This is no popular uprising. This is garbage. And goodness knows they’re spewing their garbage – both politically and physically – every which way they can find.

Wake up, pond scum. America is at war against a ruthless enemy.

Maybe, between bouts of self-pity and all the other tasty tidbits of narcissism you’ve been served up in your sheltered, comfy little worlds, you’ve heard terms like al-Qaeda and Islamicism.

And this enemy of mine — not of yours, apparently - must be getting a dark chuckle, if not an outright horselaugh - out of your vain, childish, self-destructive spectacle.

In the name of decency, go home to your parents, you losers. Go back to your mommas’ basements and play with your Lords Of Warcraft.

Or better yet, enlist for the real thing. Maybe our military could whip some of you into shape.

They might not let you babies keep your iPhones, though. Try to soldier on.

Schmucks.

FM

Semper Fooey
Frank Miller who sounded like a liberal in inteviews back when he writing and drawing Daredevil.

Yes, I support it.

It's getting a lot of attention because of that pepper spray incident. Look at what the response has been:

Semper Fooey
That cop completely missed John Hancock. he just sprayed the table.

Why? What exactly do you support?

Also, what is the alternative world you want to see from the movement? This is the question that bother me the most. What is the end game of the movement? What does the world look like if they succeed? Simply saying corporations having too much power and money and political influence isn't enough, there has to be some kind of solution brought to the discussion.

A system of cells interlinked
So, any supporters? Any againsters? Anyone able to make sense of what they want?

Also, where is the money coming from? Who is behind this?

What are the MoFoer's opinions on this movement?

Adbusters Magazine is claiming to be behind the initial summer push at campuses in the US. It's an Anti-capital/Communist rag from Canada.

Why? What exactly do you support?
To put it very simply - 'cause I don't really wanna go any further than this - I have read, on the internet, a lot of nightmarish stories about what people are going through financially. A lot of stuff seems very burdensome and I think major change is needed. Don't ask me to tell you what I think needs to be done to accomplish everything correctly, 'cause I can't accurately answer that, but, this is something that I do strongly believe in. I applaud this movement, but I am seeing how it may go nowhere, unfortunately. I hope and pray I'm wrong.

Here is a blog dedicated to the people who support the movement, along with their stories:

http://wearethe99percent.tumblr.com/

Sexy do you know they are stealing from each other and there has been at least one rape?
Exactly why change is needed -- they wouldn't steal if they weren't broke and they wouldn't rape if they could afford to take women out on dates.

...so you're saying i should go rape a woman if i lose my job tomorrow?
I can't even think of something witty to say to that. I'm sorry, but that sounds stranger than what I said - the thought of you unexpectedly becoming a lesbian rapist. That is sexuality suicide.

I applaud this movement, but I am seeing how it may go nowhere, unfortunately. I hope and pray I'm wrong.
Of course it'll go nowhere. They're going to have to be a lot scarier than this to make things change, IMO. ATM they're an inconvenience, an annoyance, but they're not costing anyone of consequence anything. If they can stay there, though, and bring more people and attention to their 'cause', then things will start to get interesting. They need to get rid of the Anti-Capitalist stance/members, though (or keep them at the back), because they're not going to do any good and will turn people off. It also allows TPTB to write them off as nutters or, in the US, worse, Communists. The financial world needs to be reined in, not turned off.

Sexy do you know they are stealing from each other and there has been at least one rape?
Is this any surprise? Have you never been to a festival, carnival, huge sporting event or the like? Happens all the time. Some are opportunist and others go there with intent. That's people. If this were to develop into a real revolution, these things would be small beer in comparison.

Of course it'll go nowhere. They're going to have to be a lot scarier than this to make things change, IMO. ATM they're an inconvenience, an annoyance, but they're not costing anyone of consequence anything.
EXACTLY. This is what I was saying to Dexter Riley yesterday, which caused him to get all huffy puffy with me.

It would have to get scarier for real change to happen. How scary? People would probably have to die. It would need to be more like a war. Wasn't that how protests and stuff were in the 60's with lots of violence and people getting killed? Nobody is getting killed -- well, if anyone's getting killed, it's not attention grabbing murder right in front of the important players and the media, at least.

I don't want anybody to die and I don't want to encourage anybody to get themselves killed -- but the people doing Occupy Wall Street look like wimps! That group of people just SAT THERE as they got pepper sprayed by that policeman. And everybody now is so against that policeman, too -- "he was so arrogant and proud the way he just sprayed them like that!!"

Why wasn't anyone proud enough to stand up and punch the policeman or something, then? Why didn't anyone attack them? All I saw, in the video, was a lot of people chanting zombie-like to them - afterwards - "SHAME ON YOU! SHAME ON YOU! SHAME ON YOU! SHAME ON YOU!"

I speak as a former long-term bully victim -- doing nothing, or at the very least, childishly saying, "SHAME ON YOU! SHAME ON YOU!" -- does nothing. To fight is to gain respect -- to stand up for yourself gives honor. It always does. As disgusting as that may sound, it's a universal truth. Unfortunately, we now live in a time where everyone is always running to the authority for help, tattle-telling, crybabying, etc. The fierce 60's spirit that changed so much back then is gone from modern man. People would rather sit down and play the victim -- while everyone gets a picture of their victimhood on their cell phone. Strike a pose. Now the freakin' pepper spraying policeman has become a sort of anti-hero, as evidenced by the artwork people are producing with him. Part of this response comes from anger at the policeman -- but I think a large part of it also comes from secret respect. We should be seeing artwork of the hero that got up and defended himself against the policeman -- but nobody did. Nobody risked their life! And that's not gonna pave the way for change any faster.

Originally Posted by honeykid
Is this any surprise? Have you never been to a festival, carnival, huge sporting event or the like? Happens all the time. Some are opportunist and others go there with intent. That's people. If this were to develop into a real revolution, these things would be small beer in comparison.
Exactly. These are human beings. There are going to be people who abuse the use of the protests. They have to be detained and taken away. There's all kinds of things to worry about when you protest, but that doesn't mean they should not happen in the first place. If you were seriously needing some kind of massive change in your life and you had no other way to try to get it, you'd be fighting for something, too. It's called wanting to live - wanting to live and feel some relief. A lot of these people are going through Hell. Maybe you can't understand it and maybe you think you know how to solve it, but that doesn't mean you really can and that doesn't mean what they're going through isn't real.

The policeman's an anti-hero?!?! I think you're reading the mock ups differently to most.

I don't have any idea what you're trying to get to with the second response. Of course those crimes shouldn't happen and of course those who perpetrate the crimes should be arrested and charged (if that's possible) but if things that shouldn't happen never did, then everything would be perfect, wouldn't it?

If you were trying to say anything other than that, I'm afraid you lost me.

I'm just saying they're stupid hypocrites with no direction is all

Semper Fooey
...so you're saying i should go rape a woman if i lose my job tomorrow?
Do you want to date one?

You are aware SC was attempting to be funny?