Justified

Tools    

Just here for the free donuts
After reading a bit of this thread and the Wiki page, I will be seeking it out to binge watch! Thanks for the heads up!

Besides Sam Elliott theyre bringing in Garret Dillahunt for season 6. At first I didnt know this person, and then after IMDbing it my jaw dropped as he blew me away awhile back.

He played 2 different pivotal characters in two seperate seasons of Deadwood. He was Jack McCall and Francis Wolcott. Incredible talent!

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
The Sam Elliot news is great. He needed to be in this universe. Here's to hoping he is the guy that tells Raylan and Boyd that they are actually brothers.

Timothy Olyphant vaguely comments how it should all go down in the final season. I will miss this series. With Longmire getting cancelled and Justified winding down theres just no alternatives like it anywhere

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/timo...an-1201139894/

Watching the last season of Justified the past couple months, and for the first time I think the show dipped some overall. I dont know if its the contrived way theyre bringing back every single person that was ever in the series, or being disappointed they never brought in Ian McShane to play a part, or if I just expected too much. Positive thing with the episode last week is the huge buildup, and If Mary Steenburgens fate in this episode was any indicator, in the end you know theyll deliver.

Meh. Final season was flat for me, thats a shame. overall a great series Ill suggest many times.

Meh. Final season was flat for me, thats a shame. overall a great series Ill suggest many times.
Agreed. Disappointing finale. Certainly wasn't an easy series to finish, but still. Out of interest how would everyone rank the seasons?

Season 3
Season 1
Season 4
Season 2
Season 5
Season 6

Season 4
Season 3 (Most graphic of all the seasons, but deep storyline. A season which was a overhaul on the former slow tempo series had.)
Season 5
Season 2
Season 1
and a noticeable drop to Season 6

Season 5 could have been higher for me, but I really couldn't stand the guy who played Darryl Crowe. Non Justified fans may know him as the cop who dated Phoebe on Friends. I get why you had 1 so low, but it just felt a lot more fresh (obviously) to me and it was the season I enjoyed Ava the most during.

How about favourite characters?

1.Boyd Crowder (Easy one for me, during Seasons 2-5 he was among my favourite of any show)
2.Raylan Givens (Had to be)
3.Wynn Duffy (Guy cracked me up, glad he stayed longer than Season 1. Actually this reminded me, Wynn asked that woman for a map of Harlan, was that resolved and I'm forgetting?)
4.Dewey Crowd (Another hilarious character. Loved that Raylan always broke his nose )
5.Robert Quarles (Chilling performance. My vote for best villain outside of the regulars)
6.Arlo Givens (The writers did a very good job with him, some of the most heartbreaking scenes dealt with Raylan and Arlos relationship)
7.Art Mullen (was a bit cheesy, but great character nonetheless)
8.Dickie Bennet (Fantastic performance by Jeremy Davies. Had me feeling sorry for him until he started going after children and stuff)
9.Loretta (My favourite female character. Really interesting relationship explored with Raylan here.
10.Sheriff Shelby (Season 4 was excellent and Shelby had quite a bit to do with that)

How about favourite characters?

1.Boyd Crowder (Easy one for me, during Seasons 2-5 he was among my favourite of any show)
2.Raylan Givens (Had to be)
3.Wynn Duffy (Guy cracked me up, glad he stayed longer than Season 1. Actually this reminded me, Wynn asked that woman for a map of Harlan, was that resolved and I'm forgetting?)
4.Dewey Crowd (Another hilarious character. Loved that Raylan always broke his nose )
5.Robert Quarles (Chilling performance. My vote for best villain outside of the regulars)
6.Arlo Givens (The writers did a very good job with him, some of the most heartbreaking scenes dealt with Raylan and Arlos relationship)
7.Art Mullen (was a bit cheesy, but great character nonetheless)
8.Dickie Bennet (Fantastic performance by Jeremy Davies. Had me feeling sorry for him until he started going after children and stuff)
9.Loretta (My favourite female character. Really interesting relationship explored with Raylan here.
10.Sheriff Shelby (Season 4 was excellent and Shelby had quite a bit to do with that)

Besides Raylan & Boyd...

I liked Wynn Duffy alot and glad they wrote him into the show more.

I actually didnt care for Dickie Bennet, and felt Davies was overacting terribly. Now Ma Bennet was awesome, and one of the best villains in the entire series.

I enjoyed Boyds dad in season 1, and thought how he went out was too sudden and weak for such a well built character.

Yeah Robert Quarles was chilling, and surprised they didnt try to bring him back for season 6.

I thought Art Mullens was awesome, and was my 3rd favorite character on the show. Ava was sultry, and I loathed, just loathed Wynona.

Sam Elliot was solid in 6 but it was a crap trite script. The storytelling in 6 really dipped hard. Mary Steenburgen was amusing in it, but really was out of place. How she was able to get stay at that same hotel both seasons after Boyd blew up that guy is beyond me.

Worst villan ever? Thats easy.

Followed by Darryl Crow, who also overacted, but more noticeably than Davies.

Ian McShane needed to be seen in this series at some point, and would have done a helluva better job than Sam Elliot. Ah well, I wonder if hes retired. Ill never forget the Deadwood alumni.

Great post. Too bad you didn't like Dickie, I can't disagree that he was overacting somewhat but felt it was necessary and worked with Dickies personality.

Boyds dad was fine but I was never crazy about him and thought he was killed of at the right time personally.

I wouldn't say I liked Wynona, but also wouldn't go as far to say I loathed her. Still that whole stolen money storyline during Season 2 really didn't work for me, ruined Raylan a bit for me actually.

Love Sam Eliott, but I wasn't crazy about Markham if i'm honest. IMO there was next to no chemistry between him and Steenburgen, and his character just felt boring and underdeveloped. My fav new villain during season 6 was Ty or maybe even Choo-Choo

Also agreed on Mr.Crocodile Dundee, whatever his name was, horrible character

Love Sam Eliott, but I wasn't crazy about Markham if i'm honest. IMO there was next to no chemistry between him and Steenburgen, and his character just felt boring and underdeveloped. My fav new villain during season 6 was Ty or maybe even Choo-Choo
I felt Sam Elliot was a poor choice to play a kentucky weed baron. Enjoy him though. Yeah Ty & Choo-Choo were my favorite characters too. I was hoping the chase for Ty was going to be a season long thing, and couldve been more compelling while they were "developing" that other crap story. Oh well, 5 out of 6 seasons aint bad at all.

Tongo, as I said on the Wynn Duffy part; when Wynn met that woman who he gave the jewels to as payment for things she was going to get him; he mentioned that he wanted a map of Harlan. Am I completely forgetting something (wouldn't be surprised) or did they just leave his story there? I thought he wanted the map to go after the money? A Mr.Pink type ending with Wynn escaping with the money would have been awesome

I felt Sam Elliot was a poor choice to play a kentucky weed baron. Enjoy him though. Yeah Ty & Choo-Choo were my favorite characters too. I was hoping the chase for Ty was going to be a season long thing, and couldve been more compelling while they were "developing" that other crap story. Oh well, 5 out of 6 seasons aint bad at all.
Yeah, no idea why they dropped Ty and co. that early for that fool (seriously can't remember his name). Also the Ginger one? What the hell was the point in that guy? They really did drop the ball during the last season, I thought it was going to really pick up during the last few EPs but it sadly never did imo.

Tongo, as I said on the Wynn Duffy part; when Wynn met that woman who he gave the jewels to as payment for things she was going to get him; he mentioned that he wanted a map of Harlan. Am I completely forgetting something (wouldn't be surprised) or did they just leave his story there? I thought he wanted the map to go after the money? A Mr.Pink type ending with Wynn escaping with the money would have been awesome
I think it was Wynns escape plan to save Ava and keep the money, thats why he got a dog grooming truck. Thing I liked about Wynn was he was always mannerly, intelligent, ruthless, and a complete survivor. A metropolitan Boyd. Was shocked to see the physique Jere Burns has when he came out from that tanning bed Reminded me when Mac took his shirt off one episode in Night Court.