Donald Trump for President?

Tools    

^ Not sure why only one part of the reply is highlighted, even the follow up replies to the subsequent questions are funny, the interviewer seems to try and deliberately bring up a specific case knowing there's a good chance he won't know what he's talking about, but he still manages to dodge it. Every response seems to be a variant of "yes I agree, I agree, this is an issue, it is, we'll look into that, and do something here, it's something I'm dealing with, definitely, definitely..."

Go Trump! Only because Hilary is such an awful khant! Her speech the other day that I saw on BBC was so ****ing awful and generic without saying anything specific.
As Yoda and many others have pointed out, surely this is the main complaint for Trump, not Hillary? If you're going to support Trump don't justify it with the quickest and most convenient thing you can think of, admit the reasons why you actually want to support the man.

There's really no way to support Trump without simultaneously saying "I don't think you need to know or care about the issues at all to be a good President."

If you believe that, okay, but that's the kind of thing you'll have to admit to back this guy.

If Trump won Poland would be thrilled, americans would take the place of pollacks in stupid jokes.

But if I ask you to defend any of it, you'll say you just found it interesting, right? And the fact that all the articles and arguments you find interesting are supportive of Trump is a total coincidence.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
But if I ask you to defend any of it, you'll say you just found it interesting, right? And the fact that all the articles and arguments you find interesting are supportive of Trump is a total coincidence.
I believe I mentioned somewhere on the forum that I originally thought Hillary was going to be the only real choice, uncontested. She is the front runner, the favorite. Are you upset that people find the underdog's run fascinating? Does Hillary really warrant further discussion? Is she as colorful and entertaining?

I have never once sat down and considered who I would vote for, if I were an American. To me, all this election is, is political entertainment.

You seem to be the kind of person who requires a detailed and analytical response. I'm not interested. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of how you enter certain discussions, so, we might both be a bit disappointed with each other.

You'd be the type of guy who would be perfect to assemble a precisely thought-out and overanalyzed sports team that is awesome on paper, but, as we well know, many championships are won with passion, emotion and the hard work of average players who rise to the occasion. Trump's support reminds me entirely of the latter.

I'm fascinated by Trump's rise to the top. I originally thought he was in the race as a publicity stunt, a distraction on the GOP side to guarantee Hillary an easy win. I am as surprised as many of you, that he is such a draw. I do not hold any ill will towards his supporters. I'm making an effort to understand the sentiment.

Getting pulled into a politically incorrect discussion with you, is not my objective. You, of course, would be sitting pretty on the politically correct side of such a discussion. This might be the main reason why you guys aren't getting a much desired issues debate in this thread, with this particular election. Of course, that doesn't change HOW many of your countrymen think, they're just keeping it to themselves, considering how quickly Trump gets chastised for speaking his mind.

Are you upset that people find the underdog's run fascinating?
Nope. I'm annoyed by people who try to make arguments without taking any responsibility for them.

You seem to be the kind of person who requires a detailed and analytical response. I'm not interested. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of how you enter certain discussions, so, we might both be a bit disappointed with each other.
Yeah, I've run into this straw man before: I ask for basically any defense, and you say you shouldn't have to give a "detailed and analytical response." Nobody asked you to write an essay. I'd settle for not completely bailing every time someone asks a follow-up question.

You'd be the type of guy who would be perfect to assemble a precisely thought-out and overanalyzed sports team that is awesome on paper, but, as we well know, many championships are won with passion, emotion and the hard work of average players who rise to the occasion.
That first group has been wildly outperforming the second for awhile now, dude.

I'm making an effort to understand the sentiment.
Cool. But that doesn't explain your choice to repeatedly try to speak for Trump supporters, unsolicited, in a public forum.

You're defending your fascination with Trump, but that's not the issue. He's way more interesting than Hillary. That explains why you read articles about him...but not why you share them. It explains why you pay attention to what his supporters say...but not why you go out of your way to repeat those things in threads like this. That's only explained by the idea that you share in their sentiment. Which is fine, provided you're willing to stand by your position and not feign neutrality every time someone challenges something.

Getting pulled into a politically incorrect discussion with you, is not my objective. You, of course, would be sitting pretty on the politically correct side of such a discussion.
Nope. I intensely dislike political correctness, and Trump's disavowal of it is one of the few positives I find in his candidacy. If you spent a fraction as much time understanding his opposition as you seem to spend being "fascinated" by his supporters, this wouldn't surprise you.

This might be the main reason why you guys aren't getting a much desired issues debate in this thread, with this particular election. Of course, that doesn't change HOW many of your countrymen think, they're just keeping it to themselves, considering how quickly Trump gets chastised for speaking his mind.
Maybe you should make up your mind about whether or not not being part of the electorate here entitles you to express opinions, or not. Because when you want to act as a proxy for Trump supporters, it doesn't seem to be an impediment. It's only when someone asks you to defend a position that you trot out this arbitrary idea of international decorum.

Cool. But that doesn't explain your choice to repeatedly try to speak for Trump supporters, unsolicited, in a public forum.

You're defending your fascination with Trump, but that's not the issue. He's way more interesting than Hillary. That explains why you read articles about him...but not why you share them. It explains why you pay attention to what his supporters say...but not why you go out of your way to repeat those things in threads like this. That's only explained by the idea that you share in their sentiment. Which is fine, provided you're willing to stand by your position and not feign neutrality every time someone challenges something.
I was of the understanding that Hillary is nothing more than an extension of the current Obama administration, so what's there to focus on? After 8 years, I'm pretty sure people have a good idea of what that future will look like. You want me to reiterate the status quo in the Hillary thread to balance out my overall fascination with the US election, so that for every Trump article, I have to add a Hillary article? I was just reading one on the white outfit, should I add that link to make you happy?

Mitt Romney, saying it plain. I thought he was gonna beat Obama, truly a surprise he lost. He or Jeb should be facing Hillary right now, and not The Donald.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
As Yoda and many others have pointed out, surely this is the main complaint for Trump, not Hillary? If you're going to support Trump don't justify it with the quickest and most convenient thing you can think of, admit the reasons why you actually want to support the man.
I admit to having followed very very little of the Presidential contest so far, so I don't have a lot to go on. UK politics has been dynamite for the past month so who the hell cares about the US President

Trump is clearly disadvantaged by not being a career politician and not knowing lots of stuff that reporters can trip him up on but that can be a strength too, lets try a guy from the outside for once or do people want Hilary, with more generic speeches promising "change" and very little bite in her words.

This contest will be about picking the one you dislike the least.

If Trump won Poland would be thrilled, americans would take the place of pollacks in stupid jokes.
If Trump wins he will not have an idea about foreign policy so he will not be able to maintain NATO in it's current form.

Putin will be like this:

Poland? Welcome to the Soviet Republic of Poland.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
For those outside of the US (and inside) one man cannot change the system. I'm sure Trump was pressured for the VP pick, and he has plenty of advisers to delegate power, cabinet, etc... And maybe people are voting for personality, for entertainment. which is usually an awful reason, except when a Clinton is on the other side. Let the worst man or woman win!

I don't think there would be that much difference between him and Hillary. Bills don't become laws on their own. Maybe a better answer is that we don't know what happens in reality, and that certain titles could mean something, or it could be simple formality. Or things change over a certain time span. The next time someone throws a stat, ask them where they got it from. It's hard to distinguish everything in your head. I just think people wanna have answers to everything, but we don't. Even evidence has been proven to be baloney, smoke screens, etc..

Yeah I wanted Bernie Sanders, but now that's gone, I'm actually rooting for the other underdog, Donald Trump. It's purely symbolic - I see Hillary as a betrayer of the party that FDR (social policy) and even JFK (foreign policy) helped solidify, and so I want that opportunist type of thinking to die, and at least as a figurehead, have someone with progressive convictions, and someone who doesn't have so much baggage, even if the results are the same. Sometimes symbols do have meaning.

When someone attacks one nominee, in my head I'm thinking "What does this person actually think of the OTHER one?" I chat a lot about politics, and it's annoying when certain people shield someone the like, and building the other person as a God. Most of these people are quite old and might feel silly going against a liberal/conservative playbook, since some trade their individuality for the sake of the group. Attack the group, they take it personally. It's too bad.

Clinton and Obama are politically similar and in pretty much all comparisons I've seen in terms of political position on charts and such, they're side by side. She's following on from him, not Bernie Sanders. I don't like her, but I'm not sure how she's betraying the party, especially in recent years. Bernie was the one trying to change the party, and as far as my understanding of America is concerned, at least in recent years, his political standing is much different to the normal democratic standing. As I said, this is just going of what I've seen and think I know, you're American, you'll see things differently to me.

But yeah, I do think it's a tough choice for Bernie voters, but as some people have pointed out, I think it's fair to ask, if you were Muslim or party of another minority Trump has constantly launched slurs against, I don't think there's any chance you'd vote for him. I think some of these people who are Bernie fans and say they are left wing and want progress need to ask themselves if that's really true if they're going to go and vote for Trump now.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Hillary has played both sides of every coin.. If there is a "D" (Democrat), people look for that in her, and the same with Republicans. I think some people go by speeches, which is like buying a used car from a stranger. I'll go with her voting record. She's voted in favor of EVERY war.. She's a Wall Street prostitute, simple as that. Up until the Supreme Court passed rights for gay people, she was AGAINST it. If those rights she talks about now are so basic, why was she against them. Her husband is the same.. The only thing that she's on the liberal side is abortion.

What I forgot to leave out is that throughout modern American history, Republicans do the most liberal things, and vice-versa. Their own party will shield them and the other side likes it for ideological reasons.

I was of the understanding that Hillary is nothing more than an extension of the current Obama administration, so what's there to focus on? After 8 years, I'm pretty sure people have a good idea of what that future will look like. You want me to reiterate the status quo in the Hillary thread to balance out my overall fascination with the US election, so that for every Trump article, I have to add a Hillary article? I was just reading one on the white outfit, should I add that link to make you happy?
The last part of your post really doesn't make sense.

Noone demanded balance from you. You can support any candidate you want to support. You are simply asked to give a well argumented explanation for your clear imbalance. If you're not willing to do that, it's better to just admit it, instead of giving these weird responses.

If I interpret your posts correctly, you just seem like one of the many (semi-)Trump supporters who is fascinated by him as a phenomenon, without being able to filter out that fascination when you're asked who you support rationally.

People shouldn't choose the leader of the free world with their gut. There's way too much at stake. It's a sad truth that the vast majority of people still does.

If I interpret your posts correctly, you just seem like one of the many (semi-)Trump supporters who is fascinated by him as a phenomenon, without being able to filter out that fascination when you're asked who you support rationally.
I'm neither emotionally nor patriotically invested in the race. I have stated my support for Hillary...

I support Hillary, just to get away from Yoda's monotonous questions and topic analysis. Go Hillary (with Bill)!
She is the front runner and the favorite to win.

Now, is this thread about Hillary, Hillary and Trump or Trump?

I added an article that was multifaceted. Clearly, the writer has been criticized by those close to him. He is criticizing himself. He is criticizing Trump. He is struggling with his opinion. He presents us with a glimpse into his rationale regarding his decision. He jokes about moving to Canada. For some of you, if that's not enough, then send him an email with your in-depth analysis and questions.

I simply stated that for me it was a thoroughly enjoyable read. I also think I managed to post it in the correct thread.

No, and this literally doesn't respond to what I said at all. Please read this part again:
"You're defending your fascination with Trump, but that's not the issue. He's way more interesting than Hillary. That explains why you read articles about him...but not why you share them. It explains why you pay attention to what his supporters say...but not why you go out of your way to repeat those things in threads like this."

...but not why you go out of your way to repeat those things in threads like this."
...because the thread exists, so, I thought I would join in.

Incidentally, the Trump thread has almost 2000 posts, the Hillary thread has almost 200. Why do you think that is?

...because the thread exists, so, I thought I would join in.

Incidentally, the Trump thread has almost 2000 posts, the Hillary thread has almost 200. Why do you think that is?
Because people abhor him more than adore her, and its justified.