The Simpsons Movie

Tools    

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
Rumours are circulating that the long running animated series The Simpsons will soon be made into a movie.

Maybe so, but most likely in a couple of years after the show stops running new shows.

That would be nice to see the simpsons on the big screen...that would be funny, i just hope they push the envelope.
and be a little bold..

-Megatron

I must become Caligari..!
I relly hope they dont do this! i mean hasnt the simpsons sold out enough. i am afraid this will be done badly and screw up the its whole show
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
I'm hoping that they leave the movie until after the last ever episode has been shown because it would be the perfect send off to the best animated series ever

Why am I here?
I heard a while back that they were making a movie, apparently Matt Growning (excuse the spelling) said that he was going to cancel simpsons soon (this was a while back) and concentrate on other more adult comedy, namely futeramer. But I think what they were aload to do with the simpsons changed and it has got alot more random and funnier post season 7. Then on ET I saw one of the producers saying they are now deffinatly going to do a movie, however at the moment Matt and Co are being very carefull about what story they use.

Sic Networks

Well, considering "Futurama" was cancelled last year, that's not an excuse anymore.

I sincerely hope a "Simpsons" movie never comes to be.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Hondo333
I relly hope they dont do this! i mean hasnt the simpsons sold out enough. i am afraid this will be done badly and screw up the its whole show
Sold out how?

This Has Been In The Works For A Long Time, I Think It Would Take Away From The Tv Series .and Do You Know How Long It Takes To Make Just One 30min Episode, Almost Six Months ,so You Can Imagine How Long A Movie Would Take. But Who Knows Maybe They Will Once The Series Is Over.

I'm a die hard Simpsons fan. However, I'd be very upset if the Simpsons put out a full-length movie. I just don't think it's necessary at all. The Simpsons have proved their hiliarity through the show by itself, and there is no need for a full-length animated feature. If anything, I feel like it would only sour people on the series.

I must become Caligari..!
Originally Posted by Yoda
Sold out how?
its just that the simpsons seem so from what it was when it started, i mean now just seem to pumping out eps purely for money sake. I feel that groning (I think thats how you spell it) should just let go and try something else

I See You When You're Sleeping
I wouldn't be bothered by a simpson's movie at all, I'm not really a fan. I'd love to see a second South Park movie though.

Do you know my poetry?
I love the Simpsons, I have been wayching it since it's first episode in 1989. I heard Matt Groening{the creator of the Simpsons}told a canada newspaper that they were gonna make a simpsons movie. But The Simpsons will only be on for 2 more years, in 2005, no more simpsons.{except maybe for the movie}But I think the Simpsons in one of the greatest sitcoms on Fox.

Anti-Poser
Why would they want to make a a movie on a cartoon that is dying of material dehydration? The Simpsons plain suck now. They WERE funny. But from '99 and up. The episodes have just relied on physical humor and more lame celeb cameos.

They should just end the show now before it digs a deeper hole for itself. End the show now to end it of it's misery. Because the writers are just plain crap now.

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by Maduka
Why would they want to make a a movie on a cartoon that is dying of material dehydration? The Simpsons plain suck now. They WERE funny. But from '99 and up. The episodes have just relied on physical humor and more lame celeb cameos.

They should just end the show now before it digs a deeper hole for itself. End the show now to end it of it's misery. Because the writers are just plain crap now.
I agree with you that the Simpsons is not as funny as it used to be, but it's still a good show man.The Simpsons has gotten a little boring but I is still really funny, tell me you have not laughed once.The Simpsons movie would be great and I think alot of people agree with me.

Anti-Poser
No I didn't laugh once actually. I remember the old school inside joke Simpsons that Conan O Brien used to write for. Now they run on lame celebe cameos, mostly Music artist, NBA or Tennis stars who can't voice act for crap and totally makes the series sour. There hasn't been any episode in recent seasons of The Simpsons that has made me laugh. And a movie? Good lord please don't, I bet 28 celebs would make a cameo, mostly teeny boppers to get the young demographic to see the movie.

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
I think that most people don't care about who makes a cameo appearance in each episode. So even if there was 28 cameos in the movie, you would have to go see it to find out, therefore young people will go to see it because it's The Simpsons and not because of the cameo roles

ok people remember that if you don't like the ida of a simpsons movie but they make it you don't have to see it.
imagine if they went the route of the flintstones and did a live action version instead of a cartoon! Brings up the question of who would play who. That boy from big fat liar and malcom in the middle wouldprobably be Bart. What about russel crowe as homer cos he's got the violent streak!

A novel adaptation.
Originally Posted by *cherry*
imagine if they went the route of the flintstones and did a live action version instead of a cartoon!
*Shudders violently*

John Goodman as Homer, Elizabeth Perkins as Marge, Rick Moranis as Bart, and Rosie O'Donnell as Lisa (or Bart)..... dear god.