What's in YOUR name

Tools    

gone
http://www.kabalarians.com/gkh/your.htm#links

Another one to analyse your personality this time with your name...

My report:

The name of ****** incorporates a potential aptitude for concentration and patient, logical thought along mechanical or scientific lines. You tend to prefer to follow normal routine rather than cope with the disruption and uncertainty entailed in trying something new. You gravitate to situations where you have stability and the opportunity to make slow step-by-step progress, preferably in a technical field. Procrastination and lover-confidence may restrict your success. You enjoy associating with others, and would not be happy living or working alone. This name tends to make you dependent upon others, and you find it difficult to face issues or important decisions without relying upon others for advice and encouragement. This name undermines positivity, with the result that you can be influenced against your better judgment. You find it difficult to say "no" and mean it. This name is not conducive to good health, and tends to engender the desire for heavy foods, for example, excessive protein and carbohydrates. You could suffer with problems relative to the fluid functions or intestinal tract such as constipation, growths, swelling of the legs and ankles or over-stoutness.

Alright, this one is REALLY bull. How could your name have any MAJOR effect on you? What I find interesting is the origin of your name and what it means...that has some real, true meaning to it. My name means "Christ-bearer," for example. It's one of the reasons I was named that.

Just to show you how jacked up it is: I got the exact same "analysis" as you, Henry.

gone
eeehhh?? Your name is Chris right? This is the analysis I got for your name (which uhm is completely different to mine!)

Your name of Chris gives you a very happy-go-lucky, spontaneous nature. You see the humorous side of many situations and can laugh at yourself as well as at others. This name gives you a musical, artistic nature and you would do well in any occupation in the entertainment field. You have many friends because of your generous, happy nature, but if crossed you have a quick temper, although your annoyance does not last too long. You do enjoy an argument and will at times say things just to get others going and then you sit back and enjoy the debate. You lack system and order and find it very difficult to budget and save money. This name creates a nature that can be the life of the party, but many times you can become involved in emotional situations against your better judgment. Your compassionate nature causes you to be too generous and you often give more than you can afford to. You are too fond of sugars and starches, thus you could have a weakness in your liver, kidneys, or skin, creating pimples or eczema. While this name gives you a wonderful personality, and attracts much love and friendship, it is far too emotional and scattering an influence and will not allow the material accumulation nor personal happiness you should have.
I couldn't be arsed to read the explanation for it but something to do with mathmatical formula of letters which affects brianbollox.

It's disturbingly true to some people I know though...

it's like calling someone a twit all the time...it would probably change their personality

gone
Ahhh. but do people call you chris or christopher...it may well be that if they call you christopher at home and chris through friends that you end up having a mixture of both personalities

According to these peeps your personality is determined by what people call you not by what you're named.

Theory is if i changed my name in 10 years time my personality would have changed...

It depends. I'm called both. Chris more than Christopher...and Christopher more than "T" or "TWT." I think some of your personality might change...but not much. Not unless the name were, in some way, very odd, or extreme, IMO. Anyway, the other description seems pretty vague. As usual, I don't buy it.

Your name of Matthew has created a most expressive nature, idealistic and inspirational, driven with a strong inner urge to be of service in some way that would uplift humanity as a whole. However, there is a tendency to assume too heavy a burden of responsibility for others, which leads to worry and undue concern. People with problems are drawn to you as they recognize you as one who has understanding and gives not only sympathy and comfort but provides also some constructive advice or assistance. You have a generous quality to your nature, but you must guard carefully against giving more than you receive or you will find yourself doing without because you have helped someone else. You love people, family, home, and friends and try to be a parent to the whole human race. While you have generally stable conditions in your personal life, you may experience some problems in business affairs through a tendency to be scattering and inattentive to details. Any health problems would show as tension in the nervous system brought on by worry.

Is this me? Maybe so...

gone
They're pretty vagure I agree, but for some cash they give you a full analysed description

Seriously, mine isn't far off (well it's not shooting in the wrong direction)

Toose what do you think of yours? (do the other thread do the other thread do the other thread too)

Not unless the name were, in some way, very odd
indeed mine is

Weird -- I hate to sound so strange, but Toose's description is the one I'd choose to fit myself. It mentions worry more than once -- which is definitely me. Overly concerned, always.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
all must be taken with a grain of salt, my children. the stars, our names, the numbering, etc etc - I did a full and total numerology report on myself (so cool, you can find all the steps on the web) and MAN was that crap RIGHT ON TARGET.

but a name is not all ... the FULL name, your birthdate, the stars, I think all of these things, PLUS the nature of our upbringing (what people and personalities raised us) have bearing on how we turn out. Nothing is utterly predetermined; then again, there are always INFLUENCES that lean in a particular direction that life experiences or other parts of our selves may alter/change.

For instance, going by my first name alone, which all people call me in person because there is really no nickname to fit:

Miriam

The first name of Miriam creates an intense personal nature. Your feelings and emotional desires are strong and consequently you are an individual, determined, strong-willed person. Your creative nature and ambition drive you to pursue success to the extent that you jeopardize your personal well-being. There is a tendency for you to dominate others. You are too certain of yourself, and you are not open to the views of others or responsive to their desires or needs. Also, this name does not incorporate qualities that enable you to be diplomatic and to compromise. In all your work and activities you are inclined to be rather unsystematic and disorderly. These characteristics spoil stability, progress, and accumulation, even though you may put forth intense effort. Tension and frustration exact a heavy toll on your peace of mind and nervous system. You are often preoccupied with the desires and demands of the moment. Temper and indulgence could become serious problems in your life. Your health could suffer through disorders affecting the nervous system. Tension centring in the head could affect the eyes, ears, sinuses, and teeth.
______

A lot of this is right. I am extremely strong willed. I do have a lot of tension. It's true, I know I can be so stubborn that I can seem unresponsive to others needs, etc.

However, taking into account other aspects - me being a Libra, etc - these details are entirely altered. I know for a fact that my nature may have a tendency to dominate but that I PREFER equality/justice/fairness and hence am extremely determnied to be diplomatic and to compromise. I know also that I am almost never disorderly, though I may be cluttered - I am systematic in all I do because I was raised that way and other aspects of my nature drive me there.

Sooo... yeah, anything can be general but we are not determined by one thing alone. Chris, if your name leans with "bearer" and you worry - that alone means things. You also bear the name your parents chose for you - yours is a life that will hold great responsibility and concern for the welfare of others. How you live that life will be altered by other details such as what the world had in mind (marked by the stars) when you were born. You were also given a Christian name and raised Christian - these things will influence how you show your responsibility and concern for others - etc. You will do so as a Christian bearing a Christian name that has loft ideals and concerns for the moral well-being of all.

See, I can write these things myself! mwahahah!

whoah! just noticed this "Done" button - "That'll Do, Pig" - hilarious!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
ARGH....I'm getting tired of these analyse yourself thingies. Very confusing.

My name is Kent...I have freckles, I like movies, I work with kids, anything else you want to know!?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

gone
anything else you want to know!?
yeah fella, d'ya agree with your name analysis?

Spud -- stop being so cynical, now shutup drink your tea, read the leaves while I study the lines on your palms, do some tarot, listen to your stars on the radio, anaylse your name, your tree, your gemstone, your gemstone, date, place, time of birth and veel your vibes.

How could you not believe that every single peice of information is absoloutley true?!

I don't know guys... information gathered in Sadie's "What's your sign" thread and some of these are too right on to be coincidental. I look at some of yours and see these qualities in you. I'm looking at it with an open mind... filed under "too weird to understand, but too cool not to think about".

Thanks to Sadie, Thmilin, and HH for analyzing me. Definitely food for thought.

Andrew
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The name of Andrew has made you serious-minded, responsible, and stable.

Yup

You love the security of a home and family,

Nope

you are fond of children,

NOPE

and, as a parent you would be fair and understanding. Although you have good business judgment, you are not aggressive in your dealings because you do not like to create issues.

This is quite true.

You would be successful in any position dealing with the public as you have a diplomatic and tactful manner and possess a charming, easy-going nature which puts people at ease. People are drawn to you because they feel that you are patient, kind, understanding, and responsive. You would be effective in a career or in volunteer work where you are handling people and serving in a humanitarian way.

This is actually the career I'm going into, so it's fair to say it's pretty accurate.

While you are honest and responsible, one weakness that is paramount in your life is your lack of self-confidence and initiative, which causes you to put things off and avoid facing issues.

This is more true than I'd like to admit.

Generally speaking, you have few problems with your health; however, there is a weakness affecting the fluid functions of the body.

Yeah, whatever.

=========

Originally posted by Toose
filed under "too weird to understand, but too cool not to think about".
Yeah, this is exactly how I feel. Good way of putting it

The first name of Matt creates an intense personal nature.

Coolness.

Your feelings and emotional desires are strong and consequently you are an individual, determined, strong-willed person.

Exactly

Your creative nature and ambition drive you to pursue success to the extent that you jeopardize your personal well-being.

Smashed was an emotional roller coaster because I was putting myself last. I was doing editing and filming and animating and writing well into three or four in the morning for three months straight. Mum thought I was having a breakdown.

There is a tendency for you to dominate others.

Uh. Ye-es.

You are too certain of yourself, and you are not open to the views of others or responsive to their desires or needs.

That's true regarding views, but not about needs.

Also, this name does not incorporate qualities that enable you to be diplomatic and to compromise.

Oddly enough I've gotten better in compromisation since I've started using the name "Matthew" rather than "Matt" in my writing and such...

In all your work and activities you are inclined to be rather unsystematic and disorderly.

Yep.

These characteristics spoil stability, progress, and accumulation, even though you may put forth intense effort.

That's not true.

Tension and frustration exact a heavy toll on your peace of mind and nervous system.

That is true.

You are often preoccupied with the desires and demands of the moment. Temper and indulgence could become serious problems in your life.

Probably. But take risks. You have too.

Your health could suffer through disorders affecting the nervous system. Tension centring in the head could affect the eyes, ears, sinuses, and teeth.

That name'll be the death of me. Whatever.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
Spud -- stop being so cynical, now shutup drink your tea, read the leaves while I study the lines on your palms, do some tarot, listen to your stars on the radio, anaylse your name, your tree, your gemstone, your gemstone, date, place, time of birth and veel your vibes.
To tell you the truth...I didn't do it. I know more about myself than a website with my name in the database. I'll give it a swing though and see what comes up.

The name Kent gives you a strongly independent and highly creative nature, with drive and ambition to have experiences and accomplish things out of the ordinary. You can work intently at whatever is new and holds your interest at the moment, but your interest wanes quickly when drudgery and monotony set in. Obstacles to your progress or restrictions on your freedom to act create a sense of frustration which may cause you to feel resentful and even rebellious. You can then become intolerant of others, and caustic and belittling in your expression, thereby imposing stress on your personal relationships. Although you have a clever, quick, capable mind, your progress in life is restricted by instability in your affairs and misunderstandings with people. Your impulsive nature can lead to actions which you later regret taking, or to accidents. Relaxation is elusive, and depletion due to nervous tension can develop to the point where you become subject to moods of depression and morbid thoughts. Nervous tension centres in the solar plexus, with nervous indigestion and stomach ulcers a possible result.

Oh that sounds lovely....the scary part of that, is that some of that is true. I just don't hope ulcers do me in.

Yeah, Spud -- I was being sarcastic.
I think the majority of it's rubbish.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Peter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your first name of Peter creates individuality, independence, self-confidence, initiative, and an inclination to physical activity. You are not inclined to merge your opinions and viewpoints with others, to accept compromise, or to work in a subservient position against your will. Your expression is invariably quite direct and candid, and lacks the moderating tone of tact, diplomacy, and friendliness. Others find it difficult to accept your domineering and, at times, argumentative manner. Your circle of friends is restricted to those of like nature. Once friendship is established, you are very loyal and steadfast and do not tolerate gossip or criticism. In your close associations and family life, there is little demonstration of sentiment, appreciation, sympathy, or encouragement. It is difficult for you to find the right words for such circumstances. Weaknesses in the health caused by this name centre in the head.

WOW!! Dead on. I am impressed. But what in the hell does the last line mean?