Complaining Booth

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Yeah, but what gets off topic is at least in some way trying to get back on topic just the same. With PLite posting whatever he felt like posting it was hard to recover from getting off topic. Because what he said was soo funny and clever we had to start remarking on that rather than talk about what the actual subject matter was.

I had no problem with PLite, in that he only posted things about how he resembled some actor in a movie and what not. Granted, he did post things that made sense from time to time, but that was rarity in itself.

I'm not throwing stones at anyone and I had this matter behind me a long time ago, why can't the rest of you do the same.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
Hmmmmm. TWT is a lot harder on him than me. Notice, no one mentioned him until he came back, and up to his old tricks none the less(which doesn't bother me any. It was Kyra that irked me.). I will not take full blame on that one. BTW- spud stood up for him quite a bit. Also, PLite reads all this...so

PLite- no offense bud. Seriously...I harbor no resentment towards you.

Originally posted by sadesdrk
Notice I said, " As long as it's not done excessively..." Which tends to imply that perhaps, to some, it's excessive beyond control.
Yes and who is the judge of that? To me the whole nympho thing needs to go in the flirting thread.. others may not see it that way.

Now With Moveable Parts
It was a joke Toose, the nympho thing. Sorry if it put you out. I promise to be a prude and not joke around ever again. Wait....no I don't. Get over it. I will however, promise to do one thing...stay on thread topic. *I admit to "going off" once in awhile. So....

Complaint # 20037- Being accused of being out of line. It's tough being one, of only a handful of girls in a group of guys.

It didn't put me out. What I'm trying to make you understand is that there are other perceptions besides your own. I know it was a joke. I can also guarantee that whatever Kyra said that made you so angry was also a joke. PLites comments were also jokes. I am "over" it, whatever it is that you think is troubling me. I'm merely pointing out that everyone is guilty of posting "goofy, off topic stuff". I am not the only one who is accusing you of being out of line either. It seems that TWT pointed it out as well. I thought it was a perfectly reasonable thing to point out. What is unreasonable is starting a sarcastic thread to make fun of someone who points out a flaw. Especially when everyone is so over-concerned that the forum stay on topic.

Toose, I am in no way overly concerned with keeping things on topic. Please, please trust my experience with online communities...I'm convinced that, at least in this area, I know what I'm talking about. Anyway, Sades, I don't think Toose is out of line...the rules are not that we must absolutely, positively avoid going off-topic at all costs...but rather, that we just don't let it go nuts and ruin a discussion others may have been enjoying.

Now With Moveable Parts
Go vote on my flirting poll in site/feedback please.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Toose
Especially when everyone is so over-concerned that the forum stay on topic.
Just to be clear here...crystal clear...some threads naturally go off topic. It's stupid to try to make people stay on topic. Some of our best conversations/debates, came off of threads that steered away from the orinal topic. Who wants to sit and stay on topic when it naturally is moving towards something else?

Also, I'm offended at the connections you are drawing between me and Kyra. Damn it...she only came here to flirt. Rarely did she post on movies. Rarely. Can you say the same for me!? Sorry, I talk more about movies than you do sir, so far you've maintained your presence in Intermission. How can you make assumptions about me when you don't even read my posts in other areas? Or do you? I don't want to make assumptions about you Toose. Give me a small break will ya? I am THE female voice here most of the time...so ease up off my back. What's your ultimate goal? A forum of a bunch of GUYS sittin around talking about movies? You can do that a your slumber parties.

Look. I'm going to say this one more time and then I give up. I personally don't care if you flirt, cuss fight etc. It's all good to me. I'm not picking on you because you are the female voice. I'm picking on you specifically because you had a lot to say about off topic banter, flirting etc. Now you are doing it yourself and it's my contention that you've done it all along as all of us have. My problem is with singling out someone and accusing them of doing something that you yourself are guilty of and then saying that they are bad for doing it. Your poll shows me that you missed my point or that I didn't articulate it well enough. There is no room for fingerpointing in a room full of guilty people.

About your last comment: MoFo has become more of a home for you than it is for me. I failed the test and moved on. I like to come here occasionally and shoot the breeze with the members that I "know". My opinion here is not as important as yours is and I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable. I just want to point out that when you train a critical eye on someone's behavior you ought not be guilty of that behavior yourself.

Now With Moveable Parts
I'm sorry. That's just not true. You are drawing connections that just aren't there. PLite and I do not ride in the same boat at all. Your lack of being here is showing. I'm not throwing stones because the things people got mad at PLite for do not pretain to me...I might have crossed a few lines, so sue me. I won't let you make an example out of me ,Toose. You just don't "know" enough about me to say the things you are saying.

complaint # 19765- PLite refrences. Enough already.

I could go back through the posts and pick them out but I don't have the time and inclination to do so. You're right, you're perfect everyone else is wrong. Talk about self absorbed. Now I remember why I left.

Now With Moveable Parts
I can't believe the audacity. Thanks for the self absorbtion check, Toose...jeez, I sure needed that. Couldn't even see past my own nose. What was I thinking feeling so comfortable here? I've just been so self absorbed I didn't realize that all I ever do is talk about myself. Pat yourself on the back friend...you saved my reputation.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
and once again, hackles are raised.

Toose - you are entirely correct. fingers don't need to be pointed by those who do the same thing they are pointing at.

sades - does not agree she does what PLite did. i agree with that. however (don't be mad sades, love, please, this is my objectivity talking here), yes, you did say some unkind things about PLite and the situation (how he posts about himself and how you disdain it) just two pages ago in this thread. which is why I said ease off.

PLite is much loved and while some may not agree with his behavior others will continue to support him, and that's just the way it is. It is indeed FAIR for both sides to have a say. I'd rather that than talk smack about someone who isn't around. And we cannot lie and said we didn't mention him until he arrived cuz that's not true. Barely veiled references to egotism and cuteness arose several threads ago before this discussion.

If it is truly to rest then that grudge simply cannot be carried. I don't like the cracks about PLite because that's the VERY thing TWT didn't like seeing at MVault about HIMSELF. I know it's hard to drop the grudge. We still disagree and think what we think. I slammed the book shut and honestly don't want everyone to get upset and irritated again, like we obviously are in this thread.

sades you are indeed pretty much the regular female. i may have been here longer but am not as gung ho as you. that's cool, keeps things bumping. just be aware that the more prevalent your own voice becomes the more it looks to others like you may be repeating PLite behavior. i'm not saying you are - sometimes it's good to just take a step back and think of how the whole is, and how we play a part in it.

Toose - TWT - yes, we all flirt. and indeed, to walk around on eggshells like we've been doing for the past weeks is uncool. if you want to point at how the intermission area is booming "as much as or more than" it was when PLite was here - i'll be the first to admit it. you wanna know why?

to make up for his absence. no one wanted to see this forum as a whole die because PLite left and took his contingent with him. so the core here made a flurry of posts - in intermission AND movies - and deliberately became VERY active in order to show our constancy and input our thoughts into a community we love. that made the bond here stronger and proved we could and would move on. prior to PLite the intermission threads were indeed pretty much his domain. he'd pop up everywhere with brilliant silliness and hey - i admit i enjoyed it. but yes, it was a lot. too much, for a lot of us.

you complain about your point not being taken, Toose. one major point TWT and I have been making that keeps gettign argued. if you got this point, you would not be here to tell us we're the pot calling the kettle black, and everyone here would quit tripping about staying on thread topic.

1. This is TWT's site. HE determines when too much is too much.

2. TOO MUCH does not equal NEVER. He and I have said it again and again, and no one's listening. The offense, confusion, and hurt taken by the PLite contigent is from the mistaken viewpoint we didn't want him here at all and didn't want his offtopic commentary or fun dialogues period. that was NOT the case. the case IS - overkill. flooding. filling the threads with more attention to chitchat that has nothing to do with MOVIES. no, we can't decide for ourselves whether this or that topic is too much. BE OURSELVES. FLIRT. TALK ABOUT MOVIES. ARGUE.

when and IF TWT feels it's going off tangent or needs some meddling - HE will be the one to say so. NOT us. that includes all of us, long term, short term, more talkative, or less talkative.

no one's opinion here matters more to the whole of everyone more than anyone elses. Yours matters as much to me, Toose, as sades. if that offends either of you, i'm sorry, but in the spirit of equality and democracy this forum tries to maintain - the only king is TWT, who works with us, not above us. it should be the same for all of us here on these boards.

now. please let's stop making side jabs and complaints about complainers or PLite or walking on eggshells or flirting or ... whatever. real life stuff man, that everyone wouldn't mind hearing, rather than digging up old graves.

my complaint: drive thrus and cash. why can't every place use ATM/Credit? why do i have to go to the ATM/bank to get a $20 just to buy a $3 burger??
[Edited by thmilin on 10-30-2001]

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
thmilin...every place using atm machines would cause everyone to be happy...they don't want to do that.

As for the rest of you..

This whole conversation is going on my complaint list. JUST GIVE IT A REST!!!!!

Now With Moveable Parts
I know...I know...I'm sorry. I just felt like I was under a microscope..and who likes that? Not me. Feels bad.

I'm sorry everybody. If I've been out of line I'm sorry. I hold nothing against PLite or anyone else for that matter. I'll keep the playful banter down to a minimum. My intentions were pure...I was only being playful...but it's annoyed people, and I don't want to be annoying ( splinters are annoying). So...anyhoo....nuff said. Giving it a rest. Whew.

Well, I thought I could post on two sites. Seems like I can't for one reason or another. I'll miss some of you but I am officially bidding my adieu here. Adios.

Now With Moveable Parts
I'm sorry Toose. Honestly. I just felt like you were attacking me. Please stay...I'm not angry and I value your opinion...because of your observation, I have vowed to be a little more reserved...re-think your departure. It's not worth it. I'm apologizing....please.

Originally posted by Toose
In light of the topic... I wish to complain about intolerance. I don't like it. My firm belief is that you have something to learn from everyone you come across. If you're intolerant then you cut yourself off from learning from that person. Tear down the Walls!
I agree. For example, I'd like to think that everyone on the forum has taught me a few things, even those with sensibilities close to what I would normally consider stupid. I've got respect for every and anybody who posts here, male or female, conservative or liberal, Kubrick or Spielberg fan.

Concerning PLite - I side with Toose on this subject. Ya'll are beating a dead horse. I'll always defend PLite, because, quite honestly, his presence on this board helped make it the, whats the word, hotbed of conversation it is now. Stop talking about him - it's disrespectful. Who cares if he's talking about MoFo? I can see his side of the story as well as y'alls. And contrary to what you Repubs may think, talking about him back isnt helping matters.

...Which leads to another issue:

I do not agree, Toose. Just because you can learn something from everyone, it doesn't mean there is something wrong from telling them you think they're wrong, or lacking tolerance for their views. It is not necessarily a flaw to be intolerant of someone else...if they deserve it, it can even be a virtue. Hey, we've learned a lot from Bin Laden, haven't we? Doesn't mean we should treat him civil, though.
I agree, except for the Bin Laden thing. People should be treated civilly no matter what; I disagree with your beliefs, but I don't want to knock you out. Also, this is an aside: Isn't Christianity a faith deeply rooted in the forgiveness and loving of one's enemies?

Forgiving is not the same as forgetting. I hold no grudge against PLite, which is symbolized by the fact that if he wants to come back and talk about movies with us, I'll gladly welcome him...however, that's not the same as pretending that I'm okay with the way he acted, or the things he said. People always do that: Christianty says don't judge, so don't say anything bad about anyone? Christianty says to forgive, so it's wrong to dislike someone, ever? Ugh. I get those kinds of comments all too often.

Steve: we're not beating a dead horse if the horse keeps on getting up to try and kick us in the teeth. PLite keeps saying things, and we're expected to completely ignore it? No thank you...the dude is 1 year younger than YOU, Steve...he ought to know better. I mean, honestly: WE'RE being disrespectful? Have you read the things he's said? I've never heard you bother to call him disrespectful. Why is that?

Oh, and this has nothing to do with being a Republican...dunno why you thought that. Not looking to fight...but political affiliation isn't really relevant here...case in point: Toose is conservative, but he and I are on different sides here. Side note: I'm sorry to see him go. If it's any consolation, I do think a few members here forgot to practice what they preach, HOWEVER, PLite has made a career out of that, so I don't think it's fair to single out the MoFos here.