Kevin Costner movies

Tools    

I like kevin costner on the whole ok he isnt the worlds greatest actor but it is not accurate at all to say he cant act just watch a perfect world,mr brooks or dances with wolves to disprove that he also brings a star presence to his movies similar to how ford or cruise do.

I wouldn't say all his movies are bad. I mean the guys in JFK, Field Of Dreams and Dances With Wolves. Although I would say some of his carrer choices have not been the best. Plus he's not the greatest actor but he's not terrible he's just missing something.

yeah he doesnt have mass charisma like a nicholson or a depp or inhabit a character in the way someone like duvall or deniro could for example but I think he acts within his limitations and given the right role has produced some fine perfomances.

Costner Movies I Like
Field of Dreams (1989)
The Untouchables (1987)
Message in a Bottle (1999)
Silverado (1985)
A Perfect World (1993)

Costner Movies I Don't Like
Swing Vote (2008)
Thirteen Days (2000)
The War (1994)
The Postman (1997)
Waterworld (1995?)

Kevin Costner is a great actor. One of the best of this era. He puts out some very good movies.

Some of my favorites of his...

- Dances With Wolves
- Silverado
- The Postman
- For Love of the Game
- Untouchables
- Bull Durham
- Field of Dreams
- Robin hood - Prince of Thieves
- JFK
- Waterworld
- The Bodyguard
- A Perfect World
- Thirteen Days
- Open Range
- The Guardian
-

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Costner's best performances go like this...

1. A Perfect World (1993)

2. Dances With Wolves (1990)
3. JFK (1991)
4. Field Of Dreams (1989)
5. The Untouchables (1987)

I like the guy.

I first saw him in No Way Out and knew he was going to make it. I then saw the Untouchables. Then came Field Of Dreams
and then watched him in Revenge and liked the movie and really liked Dances With Wolves. The rest is history. He took a bath in Waterworld but he rebounded with Open Range and Mr. Brooks was kind of interesting.

Dances With Wolves

The Postman

For Love of the Game

Untouchables

Bull Durham

Field of Dreams

Robin hood - Prince of Thieves

JFK

Waterworld

The Bodyguard

Open Range

The Guardian

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
There's just something about that final scene in The Bodyguard of Frank Farmer watching over his new client, and I never fail to get chills when the shot freeze frames, and Whitney belts out that immortal tune "I Will Always Love You". Plus, it's got several cool scenes, like that scene in the club where Whitney sung "Queen Of The Night", which I always thought was a cool song.

I like Kevin Costner. I've liked him since I first saw him in Fandango. Other KC films I like include: Silverado, The Untouchables, Bull Durham, Revenge, Dances With Wolves, JFK, Wyatt Earp, Waterworld, The Postman, A Perfect World, and Open Range.

I think he is a pretty damn good director and would like to see him helm more films. I hold Dances With Wolves to be one of the best westerns ever.

He is not Laurence Olivier, nor is he Stanley Kubrick, but the man has his own talents and I think he is a hell of a lot better than many other "more popular" celebrities.

I've been a Costner fan for quite some time. There are many of his films I haven't seen and a few that I wish I hadn't seen but overall he's among my favorites.

I particularly love A Perfect World, Robin Hood, Dances With Wolves, The Bodyguard, The Postman and Silverado. Also fond of Waterworld, Mr. Brooks, The Guardian and Open Range.

Can't stand Robin Hood but his other films are pretty decent and he always delivers professionally.
Waterworld is one underrated movie IMO. I think it's worthy of a rating in the 80-85% margin, easily.

Hopefully we'll see more of him over the next few years, he's in Man Of Steel next year so maybe it'll bump his career.

Can't stand Robin Hood but his other films are pretty decent and he always delivers professionally.
Waterworld is one underrated movie IMO. I think it's worthy of a rating in the 80-85% margin, easily.

Hopefully we'll see more of him over the next few years, he's in Man Of Steel next year so maybe it'll bump his career.
Sorry Rod, but Waterworld was a waste of time and money and Costner would be the first to admit it in retrospect.
In comparisson, Heaven's Gate is a movie that could have done much better than it did , had it had good editing.

Kevin Costner thinks Waterworld one day will be recognised as one of the greatest science fiction adventure films ever made. So don't think he thinks it was a waste of time now even, he is just deluded.

How did I not even notice that he's in Man of Steel?

Despite the fact that it's a Superman movie, I'd planned to see it anyway because of Russell Crowe, but now I'm thinking I might actually enjoy it a little. Oh and I see the hot guy from The Tudors is also in it. So if nothing else it'll have some eye candy for me.