Why Do You Think?

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
Why do you think people hate each other so much?

Straights vs. Gays
Theists vs. Atheists
Whites vs. Blacks
Republicans vs. Liberals
Etc. vs. Etc.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I wipe my ass with your feelings
I don't hate gays. I'm straight.

I've also never heard of an anti-straight alliance or parade or anything along those lines. So I think the hating seems to come from one side.

Theists hate atheists because atheists don't believe in the same beliefs. Ignorant and arrogant. Atheists just hate theists because theists won't shut up about their beliefs. They're an open poem.

Only ignorant whites hate blacks. If you truely believe 100% that the color of your skin predetermines your attitude, then you suck. And black people are always pissed.

That's all.
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

Originally Posted by Godsend
I don't hate gays. I'm straight.

I've also never heard of an anti-straight alliance or parade or anything along those lines. So I think the hating seems to come from one side.

Theists hate atheists because atheists don't believe in the same beliefs. Ignorant and arrogant. Atheists just hate theists because theists won't shut up about their beliefs. They're an open poem.

Only ignorant whites hate blacks. If you truely believe 100% that the color of your skin predetermines your attitude, then you suck. And black people are always pissed.

That's all.
It's more or less just a general statement. I think high school brings out a lot of hate in people just because you're stuck with those people until you graduate.

There are all sorts of reasons why people hate, ignorance and fear, to name a few, I think the biggest is tolerance, some people find it hard to tolerate people with other views or sexual preferance, acceptance and tolerance is the only way to overcome hatred

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Let me just say this.

I get severely annoyed when people who are gay start complaining about being mis-treated even though they can't control it.

BS!

There are no genes coded for you to be attracted to a specific gender. I think it's bull when they say it's how they were born. You have a choice.

Originally Posted by BobbyB
Let me just say this.

I get severely annoyed when people who are gay start complaining about being mis-treated even though they can't control it.

BS!

There are no genes coded for you to be attracted to a specific gender. I think it's bull when they say it's how they were born. You have a choice.
So you're saying they decided to be treated like crap? Very logical thinking.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Originally Posted by John McClane
So you're saying they decided to be treated like crap? Very logical thinking.
I'm saying they are confused in their thoughts if they think they are "Born that way"

Like I said before, there are no genes coded for you to be attracted to a specific gender, right? Then how are they "Born" to be attracted to members of the same sex? Answer me that one, oh smart one

I'm saying they are confused in their thoughts if they think they are "Born that way"

Like I said before, there are no genes coded for you to be attracted to a specific gender, right? Then how are they "Born" to be attracted to members of the same sex? Answer me that one, oh smart one
Oh Sexy one here, ready to give you my answer...

I don't know where you get the information that there aren't any genes for making people gay, but last I heard there wasn't an official answer. Thus, you are incorrect by saying there aren't any, as it's possible.

However, I am disgusted with your feelings that it's okay for gays to be mistreated because you think homosexuality is a choice and they need not complain when they're bashed. This is what I have to say in general ~ I don't know how being attracted, physically and emotionally, to the same sex actually happens and what makes it develop, but I do know that in my case (and from others) that there are hints of it happening in early childhood. While heterosexuality is the norm, homosexuality is another part of nature that should be considered natural as it shows up quite a lot in the world. You may feel that it's frightening and morally wrong, and you may want to call someone a "fa**ot" or even attempt to kill a homosexual ~ but you're a bast**d for doing that and I have nothing against a group of vicious drag queens tearing you apart with their nails for doing so. Let 'em all live quiety (or loud, singing to the disco music) and queerly as possible, OK, straight boy?

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
I never once said it was ok. What I said bugged me was that they would say "We can't change ourselves" argument when things like that happen. Learn to read before you attack me again.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
a group of vicious drag queens tearing you apart with their nails
May I reuse this quote with your permission?

I never once said it was ok. What I said bugged me was that they would say "We can't change ourselves" argument when things like that happen. Learn to read before you attack me again.
*finishes watching season 1 of Reading Rainbow*

OK, now I've learned to read. Bush has given me the OK to attack!

You said you got severely annoyed when gay people complain about being mistreated, followed by BS!, followed by your claim that genes don't play a role in homosexuality. "You have a choice" to be gay, you said. So you basically said right there that it's OK for gays to be mistreated. You're saying that since apparently homosexuality doesn't show up in people because of a gene, it's alright to brush them off if they get abused by someone straight for being who they are. You didn't exactly say it in those words, BUT THAT'S WHAT YOU MEANT.

OMG... you may be the first Movie Forums member to be put on my ignore list. Which is sad because you might just be a Nobel Prize winner since you apparently have evidence that genes don't make people gay.

I realize homosexuality is a confusing issue with some people, but you have to understand that a lot of homosexuals have felt that they've been gay all of their lives. That's why homosexuals want the scientists to search for genetic evidence of same sex attraction in humans. There is a choice in coming out and living with it, and gay people want acceptance from others so that coming out and being gay can be a positive lifelong experience. They want to feel normal, they want to feel like they're living a good life... they're used to being attracted to the same sex, it DOESN'T feel like a choice to be gay. It DOESN'T. There's only the choice of coming out about it and accepting that you're going to have this negative label - gay. That's why so many people, so many famous people, so many organizations are out there are trying to help homosexuals, they're trying to make the "gay" or "lesbian" or "transgendered" labels be commonly positive instead of negative.

But you - you just sit there at your computer, writing on internet message boards, sarcastically going "boo hoo" to the gays & lesbians who are whimpering over being mistreated because they can't help the fact that they're gay. You just pour salt into the wound by telling them "Well, you had a choice! Being gay isn't genetic! You had a choice to NOT be gay! It's your fault! You made the wrong choice! Being straight is playing it safe! Ha ha!"

*inserts disc 1 of Reading Rainbow: Season Two*

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Sweet Jesus, you are an idiot.

I never said that it was ok or anything of that kind. You are making assumptions about what I meant at this point.

When you have actual facts about what I said or meant and you can prove to me that I said or meant that it was ok to abuse gays, I will personally pm every person on this board (Starting with you) and give them an apology of no less than 1000 words for being a jerk.

Until then, don't twist my words.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
so BobbyB... what if tomorrow the norm was being attracted to the same sex? i mean, since this sort of thing obviously has nothing to do with genes, its obviously something that can be controlled, therefore one has as much choice to NOT be gay, as to be gay.

i do hope you'll ante up and take one for the team.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Then I'll be persecuted most likely, but I'm not going to say "I'm automatically attracted to women"

I'll say I made my decision and my decision was to like women. Period.

When you have actual facts about what I said or meant and you can prove to me that I said or meant that it was ok to abuse gays, I will personally pm every person on this board (Starting with you) and give them an apology of no less than 1000 words for being a jerk.

Until then, don't twist my words.
I already went over the facts by using the statements you made earlier ---

BS!

It certainly doesn't come off as a well meaning opinion about gay folk. If you had just said "I don't believe homosexuality happens because of a gay gene" that would be fine. That would start off a debate about whether homosexuality is genetic or not. You, however, are acting like the authority on genetics.

I am not twisting your words, Chubby Checker, I am telling you that statement made you sound like an ass. For now I'm just going to forget about it since you say you didn't mean it that way.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Then I'll be persecuted most likely, but I'm not going to say "I'm automatically attracted to women"

how would you feel about being mistreated? would you grin and bear it simply because this is what you chose to do?

Sexy Celeb is right. you may have no come out and said it, but you said

BS!
that they deserve the mistreatment.

by the way, you did not really answer my question. you said that everyone has a choice to like whoever they wish. this includes you. what if you had to switch teams? could you?

Oh, you are most definitely fascinating, BobbyB.

I've decided that I like Erik Estrada in a police uniform. How about you, B.B.?