2015 MoFo Fantasy Baseball Trading Block

Tools    

Trade accepted: Lance Lynn for Matt Holliday

I drafted Joaquin Benoit, traded him to Tongo for Lance Lynn, traded Lance Lynn for Matt Holliday.
And meanwhile, Joaquin Benoit is on my team
Yeah I basically kicked Lance Lynn to waivers just like I did Doug Fister since I kicked Joaquin Benoit to waivers. Uh.... yeah.

New matter: Anybody want to trade me an SP for the Xander Bogaerts, Adam "Criminally-Underrated" Lind pair?

I think we should, as a group, talk about the Reyes for Tulo trade, because I think it's VERY borderline.

The only way I would vote down a trade if it is very obvious somebody is dumping players. As long as people are legitimately trying to build a club I think they should be allowed to do so as they see fit. More power to Yoda for getting Tulo.

Yoda wanted to include Pedro, but I said no due to Avg. He even tried to include Moose but I didnt get that message till too late, so dont think he was fleecing anyone.

My logic behind this is Tulo was/is playing freezing cold, and just hurt his quad. Jose Reyes is coming back soon. The fact that Tulo has a 23 by his name in preseason ranking and Jose Reyes says 49 mens little now.

If its vetoed, ok then. Going forward though IMHO Reyes may outperform Tulo. The signs are there.

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
I don't have a problem with it, I wouldn't do it, but I'm in last place so what do I know? . I agree with Seanc though, as long as there isn't deliberate dumping of players, more power to you.

Im open to moving Mookie Betts & Chris Davis. Looking for other 1B or a 2B. Will give both up for one player, or do a 2 for 2.

Yoda wanted to include Pedro, but I said no due to Avg. He even tried to include Moose but I didnt get that message till too late, so dont think he was fleecing anyone.

My logic behind this is Tulo was/is playing freezing cold, and just hurt his quad. Jose Reyes is coming back soon. The fact that Tulo has a 23 by his name in preseason ranking and Jose Reyes says 49 mens little now.

If its vetoed, ok then. Going forward though IMHO Reyes may outperform Tulo. The signs are there.
I'm okay with this then. I didn't have a campaign speech about voting it down or anything, but I did want to make sure that everyone else saw it. The fact that Yoda wanted to include more players to even it out makes me feel better. Also, I don't think you guys were trying to do anything dishonest or anything.

I kinda get it: it's a straight swap and they play the same position, and Tulo's a better player, all else being equal.

I think the argument is that all else isn't equal: Tulo's hurt again, and we don't know how much. I think it's really hard to value hurt players, and I think it's harder still to value a player who just got hurt before we have a diagnosis. How much should that risk and uncertainty reduce their value? I have no idea, but it has to reduce it somewhat. Enough that I don't think I'd have done it if I didn't have a viable SS already.

This same thing happened with Encarnacion last year, IIRC. I think there's a bubble of time when a player gets hurt, before we know how bad it is, where you can make a reasonable case for a very wide range of value.

I'd be willing to re-do the deal with Moustakas since you didn't see the message.

Im open to moving Mookie Betts & Chris Davis. Looking for other 1B or a 2B. Will give both up for one player, or do a 2 for 2.

You can add Danny Salazar to that mix too. Looking for a 1B, 2B, and/or SP.

I guess I should have come in here before I vetoed Tongos crazy trade. Seemingly, my vote won't matter and maybe thats good. If you're going to add Moose, then thats more acceptable to me. Sometimes Tongo needs to be protected from himself a little. You can throw numbers at me all day and it still won't pass the smell test. On the flip side, one more goofy deal like this and Tongs should completely knock himself out of first. Keep it up Tongo!!!

I guess I should have come in here before I vetoed Tongos crazy trade. Seemingly, my vote won't matter and maybe thats good. If you're going to add Moose, then thats more acceptable to me. Sometimes Tongo needs to be protected from himself a little. You can throw numbers at me all day and it still won't pass the smell test. On the flip side, one more goofy deal like this and Tongs should completely knock himself out of first. Keep it up Tongo!!!
So there's the debate if it's an okay trade or not, but separately, intellectually, I know that Tulo is going to be another fantasy team (and MLB team) sooner rather than later, so it's just a matter of making sure the exchange is reasonable without feeling like I'm playing king-maker or something.

Or, put differently, I think Tongo's decided that he doesn't want Tulo anymore, so it's becoming an elephants' graveyard scenario and it became a matter of where Tulo was going, not if he was going.

Gotten a couple/few offers for Trout. Just thought I should say what his price tag roughly would be IF I traded him. Since I already have Evan Longoria , it would take a vibrant first round draft pick, and another strong player too. Just letting y'all know. Yeah Im totally fine with keeping him all year. Still think its neat how I picked last in draft and landed a Trout.

A system of cells interlinked
Why was there a commish move to Tongo's team with Moustakas?