The MoFo Top 100 Sci-Fi Films: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Woody Allen is a pedophille
The Stats

Fantastic Planet

This was the mystery film that was tied with La Jetée and Signs. It got a 2nd place, which is higher than either of the films it was tied with, so it won the tie breaker.

Layout: 2nd, 8th, 13th, 18th (x2)

World on a Wire

Couldn't find a gif for this one. This film is tied with two others, but it was on less lists than both of them.

Layout: 7th, 8th (x2), 9th

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Never seen either of them. Never even heard of the World on a Wire one.

Suspect's Reviews

Another two that I haven't seen. But Fantastic Planet looks intriguing. Glad that someone was digging up old and underrated movies.

Liked Fantastic Planet quite a bit but didn't vote for it. Haven't seen the other one.

That Leo gif stumped me for a second, was thinking that was some very similar 70's German actor.

Hey, that's interesting. I watched 13th Floor when I was a kid, and I have thought about it a few times since. Didn't even know it was a remake

This top 100 is becoming more awesome by the minute.

Edit : oh, and I love stop motion, so I'll definitely take a look at La Planète Sauvage.

Hey, one of my picks finally showed, and one I was starting to think wasn't going to make it. I had World on a Wire at 9th on my list. I highly recommend it if you like the ideas in The Matrix and the themes of Phillip K. Dick.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Hey, that's interesting. I watched 13th Floor when I was a kid, and I have thought about it a few times since. Didn't even know it was a remake

This top 100 is becoming more awesome by the minute.

Edit : oh, and I love stop motion, so I'll definitely take a look at La Planète Sauvage.
hmm, I really like The 13th Floor, didn't realize BOTH were adapted from the same book.

I really liked Fantastic Planet and it was in contention for my list. I thought it would be higher.

I never heard of World on a Wire so that's the 3rd entry I haven't seen.

Neither were on my list but possibly only because I've never seen either.

More faildictions:
72. Surrogates (2009)
71. The Andromeda Strain (1971)

I saw Fantastic Planet recently, but didn't vote for it. I don't think I've even heard of World on a Wire before. It looks interesting though, so I'll check it out when I get the chance.

Seen: 19/28
My List: 3

01. Dredd (2012) - #96
09. Galaxy Quest (1999) - #88
22. Strange Days (1995) - #81

World on a Wire was on my shortlist, one of the last ten or so I cut to get down to twenty-five.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Fantastic Planet was my #18! A great film that I first and foremost love because of its unique atmosphere that has remained in my thoughts since the moment I watched it.

Boldly going.
Well it says Sci-Fi on IMDB

Thor is easily one of the best MCU films in my opinion and is the only one that came close to making my list but didn't. My favorite "superhero" film in general is Kick Ass, which doesn't have any super beings in it and isn't sci-fi or it'd be on my list.
It's sci-fi. You may recall that Thor said that Asgardian powers are part science and part magic. The rainbow "Bifrost" bridge is a piece of technology - you can even see hints of circuitry in it. There's some discussion of wormholes and such.