Most Overrated Movies

Tools    

I am the Watcher in the Night
Let's see, Shakespeare in love*, Crash*, the Artist*, The English Patient*, Atonement, Spotlight, Frozen, Boogie Nights, Moulin Rouge*, Matrix, Eyes Wide Shut.

(Remember, cause this mistake happens alot, when I say these movies are overrated, I still think they are okay, save for a few marked with a *.)
Absolutely hate Crash

How is Crash overrated? I've never heard anyone say a good word about it.
The Academy says hi

Gosford Park

The Town

Slumdog Millionaire
The Town and Slumdog are great! I never expected to like the latter.

I haven't seen Gosford Park yet.

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

I am the Watcher in the Night
For me, these six movies are overrated:

1. The Witch: the history could be good, but it's not a horror - and it's not a drama, too.
2. Pulp Fiction: the film is "ok". Just it.
3. Fried Green Tomatoes: it's the same case - just good. Nothing innovative.
4. It's a Wonderful Life: it's cute, but... just it.
5. The Shining: a good history, but doesn't scare. I didn't feel very involved in suspense.
6. Amélie: gorgeous photography, cute character and lovely soundtrack, but I would not rate it as one of the best films of the times. And I got tired to see the film the second time.

Remember: this is only my opinion.
I agree with the Shining, an absolutely destruction of great source material but Pulp Fiction is most definitely innovative if nothing else and when you watch it the first time, it's a genuine experience. I admit on subsequent screenings it isn't as good.

1. The Witch: the history could be good, but it's not a horror - and it's not a drama, too.
Imdb rating of 6.8 is low. I rated it 7. I think the movie is very distinct and it would be hard to find anything like it.
2. Pulp Fiction: the film is "ok". Just it.
I loved it as a teenager but now it's just ok for me. Imdb- 8.9, my rating- 6.
5. The Shining: a good history, but doesn't scare. I didn't feel very involved in suspense.
It could have been great for it's time, but I don't think it particularly stands out nowadays.
6. Amélie: gorgeous photography, cute character and lovely soundtrack, but I would not rate it as one of the best films of the times. And I got tired to see the film the second time.
I think "Amelie" is a unique movie and deserves it's reputation. And for it's uniqueness it isn't everybody's cup of tea. I appreciate for what it is, but I couldn't say I love the movie.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Gravity, Crash, The Godfather part 2...part one was the masterpiece, the force awakens (in relation to the critic reviews of today), the witch, Jackie Brown and There will be blood.

movies can be okay...

"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

Legend in my own mind

Sorry. I know it will upset some. I do like it, but simply don't think it's as good as it's made out to be by some.

LA LA LAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and that's all I have to say about that)

This will probably be even worse but The Godfather. Never thought it was as fabulous as it's supposed to be.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Arrival - it seems to be overrated due to 2016 giving bad movies in general. It's an OK movie with an interesting premise. Nothing spectacular.

Pulp Fiction - Way overblown for what it is.

Interstellar - way too long for it's own good in the family drama thing. I could have enjoyed it if that drama was nonexistent.

Fight Club - [I'm ready to be burnt alive] The "twist in the end" in the end thing didn't come as a surprise at all.

The Godfather - Yes, I know. It's an almost perfect movie. But Mob movies bore me.

Avatar - Could have been great if weren't for the constant "hug the tree" and "hey look, the blue guys are the Amerindians, get it?" mentality rubbed on the nose. We get it, we need to be consciousness about nature and our history shows us as blood-thirsty invaders that will decimate any other population for what their land offers. Luckily, most people are aware of this fact [given that we already have constant reminders of that on our daily basis]

Shawshank Redemption - sorry, couldn't relate to the story. There are other movies with the same premise that did a good job of not boring me.

Titanic - I remember going to the theater with my high-school mates and discovering that I was watching a romantic movie. Then I started hearing the girls sighing because of Leonardo DiCaprio. When the Titanic starts sinking I told to the one right beside me that he was going to die. She burst into tears.
I laughed.

Gravity - sigh...

Legend in my own mind
Arrival - it seems to be overrated due to 2016 giving bad movies in general. It's an OK movie with an interesting premise. Nothing spectacular.

Pulp Fiction - Way overblown for what it is.

Interstellar - way too long for it's own good in the family drama thing. I could have enjoyed it if that drama was nonexistent.

Fight Club - [I'm ready to be burnt alive] The "twist in the end" in the end thing didn't come as a surprise at all.

The Godfather - Yes, I know. It's an almost perfect movie. But Mob movies bore me.

Avatar - Could have been great if weren't for the constant "hug the tree" and "hey look, the blue guys are the Amerindians, get it?" mentality rubbed on the nose. We get it, we need to be consciousness about nature and our history shows us as blood-thirsty invaders that will decimate any other population for what their land offers. Luckily, most people are aware of this fact [given that we already have constant reminders of that on our daily basis]

Shawshank Redemption - sorry, couldn't relate to the story. There are other movies with the same premise that did a good job of not boring me.

Titanic - I remember going to the theater with my high-school mates and discovering that I was watching a romantic movie. Then I started hearing the girls sighing because of Leonardo DiCaprio. When the Titanic starts sinking I told to the one right beside me that he was going to die. She burst into tears.
I laughed.

Gravity - sigh...
Agree on all but Pulp, God, Shaw

Both dreadful movies in my opinion.
If cut down to 2 hours, Titanic would be fine. Avatar, I agree, it never got to me.