Talented People You Don't Like?

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
A lot of my gal pals don't like her acting either. Nothing to do with behind the scenes. I've never heard a bad word about her.

Everyone should have reasons, i've not understood a single selection (other than the rapists, murderers - Cosby, OJ, etc,) here especially Liv Ullmann despite Matt saying why he didn't like her three times.

That thread is terrible too. And i wasn't saying you can't just name someone if you want, just saying i don't get this thread at all because very few have explained why they hate someone and when they do i don't really get their explanation like Matt's that i mentioned.

I would think that people might develop dislikes for people they can't seem to escape. I've never been to the US, but can imagine how much they get inundated with news if what so-and-so said/did, so it's easier to get irritated.

I would think that people might develop dislikes for people they can't seem to escape. I've never been to the US, but can imagine how much they get inundated with news if what so-and-so said/did, so it's easier to get irritated.
Suppose that is maybe true, it's completely baffling to me that you wouldn't be able to avoid celebrity news even in the US but then i'm not from there either so i can't dispute that.

Still doesn't explain Liv though, unless she has had some 2010's resurgence i haven't heard about.

Welcome to the human race...
Is it wrong that every time I see this thread pop up I want to respond with "Sexy Celebrity"?
Don't know why you would since the thread title specifies talented people.

Welcome to the human race...
Anyway, yeah, it seems like the obvious answers would be the ones where they actually do have talent but their choice of projects and/or their real-life conduct are objectionable enough to count against them, but of course you need to be specific.

I thought we needed reasons for our dislike, somthing about them as people. If not well oookaaaay, I don't like Scarlett Johansson.
I've always felt Scarlett Johansson was severely overrated...the camera loves her but there are definitely better actresses out there.

This might just do nobody any good.
I don't know. I agree she's not the best actress around but I find her interesting in most roles.

At the least she's involved in interesting projects like Her, Under the Skin and even Lucy which isn't great but is a good bit of fun that sparked some interesting discussions.

I see. I'm just puzzled because I get quite a few women I talked to that don't like her but no one can give me an answer as to why. I personally like her and I really liked her acting, especially in The Hours. She seems so down to earth that I find it impossible not to like her on a personal level. That is why I asked because I thought she might have a reputation behind the scenes. Toni Colette is still my favorite aussie actress though.
P.s. I became really aware of Kidman in aussie miniseries Bangkok Hilton which I thought was amazing and she was great in it.
Well there ya go, D. Lion completely changed my opinion of her. I changed my oscar vote to her for best supporting actress.

I'm always open to change

I thought we needed reasons for our dislike, somthing about them as people. If not well oookaaaay, I don't like Scarlett Johansson.
I've always felt Scarlett Johansson was severely overrated...the camera loves her but there are definitely better actresses out there.
OH SSSHHIIIII****** you're the first person to agree with me. Don't be afraid but I'm not sure if we should hug, fist bump, or burn effigies of her in wheelie bins.

Congratulations for understanding the thread title!

(joking)
I WAS JUST STATING SOMETHING

SHUT UP

That thread is terrible too. And i wasn't saying you can't just name someone if you want, just saying i don't get this thread at all because very few have explained why they hate someone and when they do i don't really get their explanation like Matt's that i mentioned.
Maybe sometimes people just don't know why an actor doesn't gel with them. I liked Callies in prison break but in TWD she annoyed the hell out of me. Some of it might be because I thought she overacted terribly; the other that the character just made me want to smack her across the head. Winona Ryder I also think is a terrible over actor but a lot of people love her. The woman who played Dexter's wife also grinds my gears and I don't know why. Saw her last night in Havenhurst and as soon as my husband asked 'is that the blonde who played Dexter's wife' I turned off the character(please be gentle) . I have no idea why. I usually try to take actors role by role but some times I get a bug up my bum for no known reason.