The Diet Thread

Tools    

Your breakfst needs protein, mate. Add an egg and egg white, and eat it first.
I wanted to have an egg white but the smell lingers in my kitchen for days. I hate the smell of eggs or fish in my kitchen. Thats why im doing penaut butter on english muffin...trying to figure out another no smelly protein to add to breakfast..hmm..

You can't win an argument just by being right!
How about if you boil it? Also, good trick with stinky food which someone told me about a few years ago - boil a saucepan of vinegr while you're cooking. Scrambled tofu? Add some curry spice to give it some flavour.

tofu scramble, that's right! Forgot about those, Amy's makes em, they're pretty good. But I'd probably be better off making my own version with less starches.
When I was a hannibal superfan I experimented with sheeps brains and saffron to see if I could trick my husband into thinking it was scrambled eggs a la Lecter. Give it a miss. It STINKS!

How about a grilled or poached chicken breast with steamed greens.

When I was a hannibal superfan I experimented with sheeps brains and saffron to see if I could trick my husband into thinking it was scrambled eggs a la Lecter. Give it a miss. It STINKS!

How about a grilled or poached chicken breast with steamed greens.
Um,...EWW?!

LOL,..well...shepp's brains no, although it might help me sleep at night if for supper....but poached chickn and greens for breffis...that will take some night before prep, which I would totally do...it's not like it's steak or anything...the sacred cow.

for breakfast: shot of Apple Cider Vinegar chased with 2 small bottles of water.
Maybe a little more Apple Cider Vinegar than this.

english muffin w teaspoon of peanut butter.
Yawn. Have a cookie.

small handful of crushed blue chips
Delete these.

1 tbsp of nutritional yeast mixed in.
Throw it out.

dried sea weed sheet
This can't be all that great.

small handful of brazil nuts
Oh, no no. Calories! Also, I heard somewhere that nuts are hard to digest. Turns into fat.

whole grain rice
Same with anything whole grain.

plant protein shake made with hemp milk
You're going too far. Protein shake with hemp milk?!

and puree'd frozen blueberries.
Exhaustion. Just get some fresh ones.

Fat Ass Night Snack:
If you keep calling it "Fat Ass Night Snack", you'll keep your fat ass.

if I slip, which I will
You have already failed by saying this.

make it a yogurt with dab of peanut butter
Enough with the peanut butter.

and 1 tsp nutritional yeast.
Why would anyone want to consume yeast?

Cut out water so not pissing all night like a diabeetus.
But you'll be pissing out the fat.

Oh, and cut WAY down on the vaping pen. I use a 6mg nicotine liquid, but it's still highly antisocial and dries a MF out like no one's concern!
Forcing you to keep drinking water, which is good. And the nicotine keeps your metabolism going and your thinking and mood sharp.

Maybe a little more Apple Cider Vinegar than this.

Yawn. Have a cookie.

Delete these.

Throw it out.

This can't be all that great.

Oh, no no. Calories! Also, I heard somewhere that nuts are hard to digest. Turns into fat.

Same with anything whole grain.

You're going too far. Protein shake with hemp milk?!

Exhaustion. Just get some fresh ones.

If you keep calling it "Fat Ass Night Snack", you'll keep your fat ass.

You have already failed by saying this.

Enough with the peanut butter.

Why would anyone want to consume yeast?

But you'll be pissing out the fat.

Forcing you to keep drinking water, which is good. And the nicotine keeps your metabolism going and your thinking and mood sharp.

So basically what SC is saying:

piss the night away and smoke em if ya got em!

So basically what SC is saying:

piss the night away and smoke em if ya got em!
Yes. Basically.

Um,...EWW?!

LOL,..well...shepp's brains no, although it might help me sleep at night if for supper....but poached chickn and greens for breffis...that will take some night before prep, which I would totally do...it's not like it's steak or anything...the sacred cow.
I would just poach the chicken in chicken stock before getting in the shower then toss in some brocollini or asparagus whatever when the chicken is done. No prep required.

Can you get raw cacao nibs? Superfood snack before bed if you need a chocolate fix.

I would just poach the chicken in chicken stock before getting in the shower then toss in some brocollini or asparagus whatever when the chicken is done. No prep required.

Can you get raw cacao nibs? Superfood snack before bed if you need a chocolate fix.
That may be too early for me but it does sound like a good breakfast. Caco I can get tho it may keep me up. Maybe a mid afternoon snack for the chocolate

That may be too early for me but it does sound like a good breakfast. Caco I can get tho it may keep me up. Maybe a mid afternoon snack for the chocolate
I dont think you'd be eating enough to get a buzz. Not a fan of chocolate but I do like cacao but if youre a chocoholic you might not like the taste. It is quite raw. It's definitely a food rather than a treat, if you get my drift.

I dont think you'd be eating enough to get a buzz. Not a fan of chocolate but I do like cacao but if youre a chocoholic you might not like the taste. It is quite raw. It's definitely a food rather than a treat, if you get my drift.
Oh I definitely am familiar with raw cacao, I used to get it at my local shop. I'd get that, some goji berries and some other dried super foods, back when I used to work a lot of OT.

I just made some scrambled eggs and thought of you, Joel. They're not stinky. Either are poached eggs, especially if you add vinegar to the water.

Welp...day 1 of walking. 2 miles today. Starting off small. Probably top off with 6 miles in about 2-3 weeks. Lots of snow. Good way to start. Cue Rocky IV music. Not quite.

Mixed Veg, quinoa and sweet potato fries for dinner.

A few pics of the trails.

My dogs are barking.

I just made some scrambled eggs and thought of you, Joel. They're not stinky. Either are poached eggs, especially if you add vinegar to the water.
I bought some "organic" egg and sausage breakfast burritos...need to slowwly back away from the sassage but..for now..at least it's in the AM and not the PM

Yeah I dont handle sausage so well these days, but I love your photos!

199 lbs from 200 last week. Not a ton of weight but my eating habits are cutting out carbs and crap after 8pm, since I sleep around 1am til 7:30am, which needs to expand.

Goal by the week after next is 190 lbs.

Anyone else still Sweatin' to the Oldies in here? Get it? Richard Simmons?..

Still eating as well as possible. Tuna in greens with a tiny bit of hand crushed blue chips mixed with 1 tbsp sweet relish for lunch. Org breakfast burritos, fuji apples, seaweed which is very tasty with a light sea salt and canola...mixed veggies lightly seasoned and quinoa for supper. Some water, not a lot. Gotta up that. I load on multis and fish oil one week then take a week or so off as to not overload my kidneys. Doing another 5-6 rounds of 10 rep dumbbell squats with light weight tonight, 80 pushups tomorrow. Eevn if i stay a bit pudgy I feel better and lighter and more energetic. Gotta get that sex drive going for Spring so I can throw the hump vibes out there..need some action. Walking for pelvis presly.

If only people would lose their car keys once in a while, they'd be much slimmer. Here in Connecticut practically nobody walks anywhere. Even a short distance. I've never learned to drive - I walk just about everywhere I need to go & I'm very slim. Walking is so easy - nothing needed except good shoes. It's a great de-stresser for me.