Mojo Filter's Top 10 John Travolta Movies

Tools    

Check out and leave comments on my previous threads listing my Top 10 Movies by Bruce Willis, Michael Keaton, Leonardo DiCaprio, Al Pacino, Tom Cruise, Sean Penn, Eddie Murphy, Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tom Hanks, and Robert Deniro.

One of the biggest movie stars in the world is...

JOHN TRAVOLTA

John Travolta is one of the coolest and most versatile actors ever.

The following are my Top 10 Movies that starred John...

10. GREASE
(Directed by Randal Kleiser, 1978)

One of the movies in the 70's that made John a worldwide sensation by not only showing his acting skills, which were superb, but also his incredible talent at singing and dancing.

Trailer

Movie Clip

9. WILD HOGS
(Directed by Walt Becker, 2007)

John joined Tim Allen, Martin Lawrence, and William H. Macy in the very funny and underrated road trip comedy Wild Hogs in 2007 about a group of middle aged men who go out on an adventure only to be met with a few obstacles and biker gang members along the way.

Trailer

Movie Clip

Without peeking at his filmography, I'll say I'll have Grease higher than ten.
You just made me regret placing it at 10. It's just that I haven't seen it in many years. I do remember how great it is, but his most recent films are more fresh in my memory. If I re-watch it, I'll probably place it higher. But oh well, the list must go on

8. BLOW OUT
(Directed by Brian De Palma, 1981)

John plays a special effects technician who captures audio of a high profile assassination while picking up sound bites for a movie. It was his only collaboration with acclaimed director De Palma. For most of the 80's, John's career was in a slump, but he still managed to come out with good films here and there. Blow Out was one of them.

Trailer

Movie Clip

I thought I hadn't seen Wild Hogs, but I just realized I did and can barely remember it. I don't think I liked it so much.
I saw this so many times on cable right after it came out, and laughed more with every viewing. It's one of those comedies that grows on you, if you let it of course!

“Hell will hold no surprises for you.”
Love Wild Hogs. Underrated comedy IMO. Never really saw the sequel, don't even know if Travolta is in it or not.

Love Wild Hogs. Underrated comedy IMO. Never really saw the sequel, don't even know if Travolta is in it or not.
I believe you're referring to Old Dogs, which stars John Travolta and Robin Williams. That's actually not a sequel to Wild Hogs. In fact, Wild Hogs doesn't have a sequel at all.

Saw Blow Out at the movies when I was 10, and it's been a favorite ever since.
The best part of the movie is John Lithgow. He's terrific as the sadistic psychopathic hitman. His performance is chilling, and should have earned him an Oscar nomination.

7. GET SHORTY
(Directed by Barry Sonnenfeld, 1995)

Following his big comeback in 1994 with his Oscar nominated performance in Pulp Fiction, John played a gangster who muscles his way into a big Hollywood production in the black comedy classic Get Shorty that co-starred Gene Hackman and Danny DeVito.

Trailer

Movie Clip

6. BROKEN ARROW // FACE/OFF
(Directed by John Woo, 1996 // Directed by John Woo, 1997)

In 1996 and 1997, John collaborated with acclaimed Hong Kong action movie director John Woo on two back-to-back action movie classics. The first being Broken Arrow pitting John against Christian Slater, and the second being Face/Off pitting John against Nicolas Cage. Both films are tied on my list.

Trailer

Movie Clip

The moment I saw Grease at #10 I was confident I wouldn't like a lot of them.

I really liked Broken Arrow though.

5. SHE'S SO LOVELY
(Directed by Nick Cassavetes, 1997)

This was one of the weirdest and most eccentric movies I had seen at the time I first watched it. After repeated viewings, I believe it is one of the funniest and original films of the last 20 years, with brilliant performances by John, Sean Penn, and Robin Wright.

Trailer

Movie Clip

4. LOOK WHO'S TALKING
(Directed by Amy Heckerling, 1989)

Although the movie may seem dated and cheesy watching it now, the classic comedy Look Who's Talking was one of my favorite films growing up.

Trailer

Movie Clip