Kick ass

Tools    

Daniel
Who was the character killed in the trash compactor scene?

I object to this scene strongly on ethics grounds. This is someone who answers the hero's questions and is killed anyway. It has analogs to the Gulf War where over 30 Pakistani allies who helped us locate Osama bin Laden were killed.

I also wonder about American law enforcement. Are people who report crimes to the police allowed to live?

But for now, is the actor who is the victim in this scene safe?

According to the IMDB it is Dexter Fletcher playing "Cody."

Daniel
Keep in mind, since I don't want conservative white male Republicans to misinterpret, whatever Chloe did was because she was paid to do it. I don't hold her responsible for anything that happens to her coworkers.

Welcome to the human race...
Uh, yes? The actor in question is alive and well, if that's what you're concerned about. They wouldn't really let him get crushed to death in a trash compactor for a movie. Anyway, the character is a foot soldier for the local crime kingpin, so Big Daddy figured that there was no reason to let him live after he had gotten the information he needed. It's worth noting that Big Daddy is not meant to be the unquestionable hero of the movie - he's an unhinged ex-cop who does some horrible things in the name of getting revenge and he ends up paying for his actions with his life, so it makes sense that you're supposed to find the trash compactor scene objectionable.

Uh, yes? The actor in question is alive and well, if that's what you're concerned about. They wouldn't really let him get crushed to death in a trash compactor for a movie. Anyway, the character is a foot soldier for the local crime kingpin, so Big Daddy figured that there was no reason to let him live after he had gotten the information he needed. It's worth noting that Big Daddy is not meant to be the unquestionable hero of the movie - he's an unhinged ex-cop who does some horrible things in the name of getting revenge and he ends up paying for his actions with his life, so it makes sense that you're supposed to find the trash compactor scene objectionable.
Actually in the directors commentary on the disk they stated it was in Nicholas Cage's contract that he would get to murder one castmate, (Apparently a standard clause in Cage's contracts) and he decided for authenticity to be the guy in the trash compactor, they also said the whole time the guy was screaming "I have kids!! I have kids!!" and a lot of the production staff had to leave early that day.

A system of cells interlinked
Who was the character killed in the trash compactor scene?

I object to this scene strongly on ethics grounds.
Ethics? In the movie Kick Ass?

Blimey.