Movie Tab

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
oh wow i really want to see the spongebob movie
It's worth seeing, even though Scarlett Johansen has NO comic timing at ALL, and the film's "moral" is driven home with all the subtlety of a sledgehammer to the face. It does have David Hasselhoff sending himself up pretty well, and some truly weird, "OMG, why is this in a kids flick" moments. lol. And spongebob is still the pee wee herman of his generation.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by 2wrongs
you have some 'splainin' to do! Come on...
In regards to my mixed feelings of Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind...

I thought the movie was unique and stretched the idea of what film is and can be. Because of that, I liked the movie. During some of the "crazy sh*t" I was left feeling like it was just... some "crazy sh*t," and carried no motivation. I can't really explain it, but I just did. The jump cuts I liked, the character's continuity I didn't - as a matter of fact that might be my biggest beef I have with the movie. Every time they went to a reaction shot or what-have-you the people would jump or shift taking me out of the killer plot makig me fusterated... Hmm. Like I said, overall I liked it, alot, but there's just some tings' I can't look past. I would give it an A.

I sar' dis',
1941 - I liked it. Although, I liked Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb more, as far as military spoofs go.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
The Endurance: Shackleton's Legendary Antarctic Expedition - (d. G. Butler, 2000)

Dazed and Confused (d. Linklater, 1993)

City of God (d. F. Meirelles, 2002)
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
The Grapes of Wrath - (d. J. Ford, 1940).

Mark's The Grapes of Wrath Review

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
House of Flying Daggers
Infernal Affairs

history *is* moralizing
Tokyo Decadence 2 - Nightlife in Tokyo, no, not better than the first one.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
In regards to my mixed feelings of Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind...

I thought the movie was unique and stretched the idea of what film is and can be. Because of that, I liked the movie. During some of the "crazy sh*t" I was left feeling like it was just... some "crazy sh*t," and carried no motivation. I can't really explain it, but I just did. The jump cuts I liked, the character's continuity I didn't - as a matter of fact that might be my biggest beef I have with the movie. Every time they went to a reaction shot or what-have-you the people would jump or shift taking me out of the killer plot makig me fusterated... Hmm. Like I said, overall I liked it, alot, but there's just some tings' I can't look past. I would give it an A.

I sar' dis',
1941 - I liked it. Although, I liked Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb more, as far as military spoofs go.

I'm sold!
But if I start to tear jerk over the killer plot...cement shoes buddy!

Originally Posted by OG-
House of Flying Daggers
Was it better or worse than Hero?

Originally Posted by OG-
Far, far better.
Awesome. I liked Hero, but thought the structure of the movie was very flawed and tedious at times.

Meanwhile....
Dirty Pretty Things - Pretty strange story, but I liked it over all. Audrey Tautou is wonderful, again.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - The best in the film series so far. Cuaron offers sooo much more as a director than Columbus could have ever hoped to.

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by projectMayhem
Dirty Pretty Things - Pretty strange story, but I liked it over all. Audrey Tautou is wonderful, again.
yep, she really is in that movie!
thanx, you gave me more material for my Movie titles: Bad Translations thread!!

Do Geese See God? (d. David Slade, 2004) [link]
Requiem for a Dream (d. Darren Aronofsky, 2000)
The Seventh Seal (d. Ingmar Bergman, 1957)

You're getting into some serious movies there Zzat, be careful.
You get ahold of 8½ yet?

Originally Posted by Zzat
You get ahold of 8½ yet?
Bah! I was just at the rental hizzouse and forgot about it. I don't think they have it anyways. I'm gonna' check the library, maybe mine's as cool as yours.

Bah! I was just at the rental hizzouse and forgot about it. I don't think they have it anyways. I'm gonna' check the library, maybe mine's as cool as yours.
Heh, my library sucks. I go to my library's website and order movies from other libraries. And they send it to my local library...

Originally Posted by Zzat
Heh, my library sucks. I go to my library's website and order movies from other libraries. And they send it to my local library...
Sweet sh*t - I'm gonna' try it. Muchos gracious senor.