And the new Batman is....

Tools    

Hi
Christian Bale..according to AICN he was just picked. I think that sound great except i might keep picturing him with the American Psycho personality.

I See You When You're Sleeping
I thought Guy Pierce was picked, ah well Christian Bale would make a fine Batman too.

Originally Posted by MinionTV
I thought Guy Pierce was picked, ah well Christian Bale would make a fine Batman too.
Guy Pearce? Hmmm.... a bit of an emaciated Batman...
as for Christian Bale, I've now got images of a Batman yielding a chainsaw.... but who knows, it could change if he does well.

I am having a nervous breakdance
I read today that Rowan Atkinson accepted a three films deal playing Batman.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I must become Caligari..!
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
I read today that Rowan Atkinson accepted a three films deal playing Batman.
ohh really............. i heared bushime got it.

I havent ever seen any thing with bale in it but i looked up some pictures and he just didnt look right........ I still think leadger should do it.
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

This news has made me

SO

VERY

HAPPY.

I havent ever seen any thing with bale in it.
My curriculum for Christian Bale 101:

Empire of the Sun
American Psycho
Equilibrium
Laurel Canyon
Reign of Fire
The Velvet Goldmine

For extra credit, watch Robin Swicord's Little Women, if only because Bale makes such an excellent Laurie.

but i looked up some pictures and he just didnt look right........ I still think leadger should do it
Heath Ledger, while I do like him, would be totally wrong for the part. He simply doesn't have the presence or the acting chops. In ten years, maybe.

Originally Posted by Mary Loquacious
My curriculum for Christian Bale 101:

Empire of the Sun
American Psycho
Equilibrium
Laurel Canyon
Reign of Fire
The Velvet Goldmine

Christian Bale is a total unknown to me, I've not seen any of his films above. In fact the only film I've seen where he had a part was 'Pocahontas' and that was only a voice part (which I don't remember), I didn't even realise this until looking up about him.

Although I cannot say anything about his acting skills he certainly has a dark look about him that could work for the psychologically disturbed Bruce Wayne.

I think Bale will make an excellent Batman…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

BANNED
Hmm . . . is it just me, or does Christian Bale bear a remarkable resemblance to Timothy McVeigh? Especially considering the American Psycho connection . . .

I must become Caligari..!
Bale is to......... to............. i cant put my finger on it.... he just dosent have that mystery.... you look at him and you can tell that what you see is what you get. he would make a good super man tho.

Here is a (Bad) look at what leadger would look like with the suit on
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Batleadger.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	1708  

BANNED
Christian Bale as Superman and Heath Ledger as Batman???!!!

Ya gotta be kiddin' me!

As someone who used to read a lot of Batman comics, something doesn't seem right with Bale playing Batman. However, it seemed much more wrong when I heard Keaton would play him, and I love Keaton as Batman, so who knows?

Originally Posted by Django
Hmm . . . is it just me, or does Christian Bale bear a remarkable resemblance to Timothy McVeigh?

Aside from the fact that they're both males and they both have cheekbones, there's little to no resemblance.

So I think it's just you.

Put me in your pocket...
Nice pic Cait.~

I hope that's his Bat suit. All he needs is a utility belt and he's ready for some action.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Christian Bale might do a decent job as Batman, but Kong just learned that David S. Goyer (the dude who wrote The Crow 2: City of Angels) is writing the script, and that is bad, bad news.

Originally Posted by Kong
Christian Bale might do a decent job as Batman, but Kong just learned that David S. Goyer (the dude who wrote The Crow 2: City of Angels) is writing the script, and that is bad, bad news.

Hopefully the script will be turned down flat and being so dis-satisfied by the awful script they would have someone else brought in to pen it.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Bale is a swell choice for Batman.

BANNED
Originally Posted by Mary Loquacious

Aside from the fact that they're both males and they both have cheekbones, there's little to no resemblance.

So I think it's just you.
Oh, please! Look at the face, the expression--the same psychotic expression!