Most Intense Scene in a Movie

Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
Doesn't anyone think that the scene in "Signs" where the alien walks across the screen at the Brazillan party intense? I do... someone else out there has to thing so too!
I thought the whole movie was intense. Its one of my all time favs. (Kong doesn't like it to much though).

My favorite part of the movie is the last 10 mins. One of the best endings EVER IMO.

- The scene in The Professional (Leon), where Leon is walking away from the gunfight, the door just feet in front of him... I won't go farther, lest I spoil it, but for those of you who've seen it, you know what happens, and man I was practically grinding my teeth to a fine powder. Intense.

- In Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade (anime), where Fuse is stalking the Capital Police forces in the sewers.

- Boondock Saints, where Connor, Murph and Rocco just walk out of the house, only to see Il Duce standing in the road...

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
I thought the whole movie was intense. Its one of my all time favs. (Kong doesn't like it to much though).

My favorite part of the movie is the last 10 mins. One of the best endings EVER IMO.
God i cant believe i forgot that one. Absoloutly agree Beale. blows me away everytime i see that ending. It always moves me so much

Originally Posted by nebbit
Lately it has to be when the Ellen B's character is going mad from slimming tablets in 'Rqm for a Dream' very compelling and sad.
What is wrong with my brain, im forgetting all the good ones! The first time i saw the ending of Requiem, i sat there on the edge of my chair, with my hands clapped on my face throughout the entire last 20mins of that film. SO very intense. Its such a powerful ending. Ellen B got even more MEGA respect points from me after i saw that.

Also how about Se7en? Has this been mentioned yet? Extremely intense ending. I always find myself (And most poeple that watch this film i imagine) hanging on Kevin Spaceys every word as he speaks to Brad Pitt at the end of this film. So very clever

"I can't help it..."
Se7en - The final scene.

Pulp Fiction - The "Big Kahuna Burger" scene.

The Godfather - The scene where Michael visits his father at the hospital, only to find out that there are no guards.

The Godfather Part II - Fredo's murder scene.

Can't think of any more... mef.
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

The scene in shindlers list where the nazi generals take out the polish jew from the factory for not making enough pots.

One of the puts him on his knees and tries to shoot him in the back of the head several times but the gun keeps jamming over and over, man, its something il never forget.

Spielberg is more versatile than a swiss army knife, no pun intended.

Enemies are so stimulating.
Originally Posted by nebbit
Lately it has to be when the Ellen B's character is going mad from slimming tablets in 'Rqm for a Dream' very compelling and sad.

i love rqm. when that music comes on as they are taking the tv you just feel so good. the music is great. and i love the way the whole film just feels so real like they didnt really sugar coat it. the first time i saw it by the end i was just so blown away. still am but i havent watched it for a few months.
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

[1] Martix Reloaded ( Neo Stopping Sentinels in the end )
[2] The Ring ( Girl coming out of TV )

Shake well before opening.
Definately the whole scene in Pulp Fiction when their in the basement of those rednecks. Though i didnt enjoy seeing Marcellus Wallus being 'violated' i did enjoy bruce willis with a samurai sword. Nothing can beat that.

and yeah, you cant leave out any one scene from leon the proffesional, the ending scene in seven, and the final scene in braveheart......cmon, its braveheart.

YoUr FrIeNd &TrUsTeD aDvIsOr
fancy meeting you hear.^^^
WARNING: DONNIE DARKO SPOILERS BELOW!!!!
the most intense?
well lets see hear......ummm
that end speachless scene in Donnie Darko it makes me cry evertime.
I can not help it seeing Donnies father...and sister(older) then finishing up with his mother....WOW! can't get any more visceral than that....
welll maybe one other...:KIDS the brutal beating of the tupac look-alike. (And I'm not just being ignrant...he looks just like him. if tupac dresses like DMX) that was pretty intense.
or maybe the whole scene we watch in TCSM the next generation when M.M. has R.Z by the face and reems his fingers into her mouth asking if she is scared enough...that was pretty bad.
or hows about that scene in PI well not a particular scene persay. the whole movie was quite intense. thee are others but at the moment those will sufice.

Spoiler warning please Drexal. I haven't seen Donnie Darko yet and it's top of my to see list.

YoUr FrIeNd &TrUsTeD aDvIsOr
ohh crud! my sincear appoligies....
really I had no intention in doing so...I will edit a waring in.

Only for the weak
So many...

Pulp Fiction- So many scenes, near the beginning where Vincent and Jules go to the kids house and Jules gives the bible quote. When Marcelus Wallace and Butch get caught by the gay rednecks. And the best IMO when Jules gives the speech to, I think his name is Pumpkin and he says "I'm tryin real hard to be the sheppard."

Goodfellas- When the guy tells Joe Pescis character to go get his 'shine box' and Pesci gives him that look...Never thought Pesci could be so intimidating.

Unforgiven- After they kill Morgan Freemans Character, and Clint Eastwood steps into the bar with Gene Hackman and all those guys and they are just terrified.

Braveheart- After they kill his wife and he rides through the fire with his arms up as if to surrender, then kills them all.

Tombstone When Johnny Ringo is challenging the Earps to a fight and he says something like 'doesn't anybody play for blood anymore?!' and Doc Holiday says "I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game" and you can see fear in Johnny Ringos eyes.

Donnie Brasco- When Lefty finds out Donnie is an agent, and he kinda refuses to beleive it. Then he gets 'sent for'

Sorry for the long post, topic really intrigued me.

Originally Posted by Muzzy
Sorry for the long post, topic really intrigued me.
That's nothing no need to apologise

Oh BTW welcome to MoFo

These are my top five. 5=lowest, (although it is still intense) 1=highest

5.The Ring: the end w/ the t.v. (although i dislike the movie)

4.Texas Chainsaw Massacre (remake 2003): everything

3.Air Force One: Gary Oldman is counting down w/ the gun to the girl's head. "Nine. . .BOOM!" I just love it.

2.Schindler's List: scene where the gun is jamming (it's been mentioned several times

1.Deliverance: "SQEAL! WEEEEEEEEEEE!" this one just tops em' all.
And found he was eating his shoe.

I know of a lot but I am having a hard time thinking of them

The Shining(Stanley Kubrick)- Everything
One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest - When the Indian is smothering Jack Nicholson

Crap....I can't think of any more.

I'll edit this if I come up with some others.

Edit:I looked back and saw that someone posted Pulp Fiction. That was a good one. Can't believe I forgot it.
Edit 2: CRAP. I forgot the Usual Suspects, too.

Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
These are my top five. 5=lowest, (although it is still intense) 1=highest

5.The Ring: the end w/ the t.v. (although i dislike the movie)

4.Texas Chainsaw Massacre (remake 2003): everything

3.Air Force One: Gary Oldman is counting down w/ the gun to the girl's head. "Nine. . .BOOM!" I just love it.

2.Schindler's List: scene where the gun is jamming (it's been mentioned several times

1.Deliverance: "SQEAL! WEEEEEEEEEEE!" this one just tops em' all.
Any movie that contains one of the five most intense scenes ever can't be all that bad...

Shake well before opening.
the proffesional, last scene.
Saving Private Ryan, opening normandy scene.

A system of cells interlinked
Winter from Requiem for a dream. This haunted me for weeks.

Final scene in The Professional

Neo waking up in The Matrix

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
Any movie that contains one of the five most intense scenes ever can't be all that bad...
I have said this many times. . .I only like the ending, yet dislike the rest of the move.

Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
I have said this many times. . .I only like the ending, yet dislike the rest of the move.
I can sort of understand that...