Original Movie Storyline Ideas

Tools    

Anarchist within reason
Okay of the top of my head this guy with hairy feet who lives in a shire is given a ring by his uncle, this ring is very special as his friend a wizard with a grey beard tells him, the ring has to be destroyed but can only be destroyed by being thrown into a volcano so he sets out with three friends on a journey to.... wait!!!!!
If at his council I should turn aside, Into that ominous tract which all agree, Hides the Dark Tower. Yet aquiescingly I did turn as he pointed, neither pride nor hope at the end descried, so much as gladness that some end might be.

Robert Browning 'Childe Roland to The Dark Tower Came'

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Okay of the top of my head this guy with hairy feet who lives in a shire is given a ring by his uncle, this ring is very special as his friend a wizard with a grey beard tells him, the ring has to be destroyed but can only be destroyed by being thrown into a volcano so he sets out with three friends on a journey to.... wait!!!!!
Do we have different definitions for the word "Original?"
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Flavor Flav becomes Governor of the state of California. He creates a state wide block party filled with hookers and booze 24/7. Yeaaaaaaaaaaah Boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I;'m going to have to agree with the majority here, I can't give out my own story line. I am almost 16 and one of my storylines is being turned into a novel by me right now, and I will be trying to publish it.

My other storyline, may become a movie in the few years to come. I know someone that works in Hollywood and will help me pitch my movie idea to LionsGate.

Employee of the Month
"Calling Dr. Douchebag" - A young, dumb and lazy medical-student gets the chance of his life, when he realizes, that his professor is fu***** the janitor on a regular base. He extorts him and get a excellent doctorate for free. He went to New York, where he becomes the second head physician of a big hospital. He is making party all the time, is constantly on drugs, delegates all his duties and pisses off the Princeton and Harvard-Guys. But then, the big chief gives him the responibility for a very important patient - a very though case. And the fact, that our hero fells in love with the daughter of this VIP-patient doesn`t make it any better.

"How I saved Tokyo and met the Love of my Life at one single Day" Pete was always some kind of loser. But now he is rich, lives in a nice house by the sea, has an attractive wife, some great kids, two dogs, two cars and a sailboat. He tells everyone he won the jackpot in the lottery. But one hot summerday, a couple of friends makes a surprising visit - and Barrack Obama, Osama Bin Laden, the japanese prime minister, Bill Gates, John McCain, Hillary Clinton, Bang Ki Moon, Tim Robbins and Brangelina are walking right out of his house! Later the friends do some BBQ in his garden. He asks them if they remember the monster accident in Tokyo, one year ago. The public was tricked. Under the pledge of secrecy he tolds them the TRUE STORY: How he saved Tokyo - and met the Love of his Life.

Since I'm a fan of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (surprise, surprise) I was thinking of one similar, here it is, it's called The Aliments Of Joseph North.

The film starts with "The Doctor" and his assistant Robert looking through the doctor's papers as he prepares to retire. The Doctor finds one about the patient named Joseph North. As he reads through Joseph's information, he gets a better picture of his life. We find that Joseph was born in 1929 and his parents died soon after. He goes to live with a family friend named Benjamin (just a reference) with his sister Caroline. Nothing is wrong with him until Benjamin has to go on a ship as a job, so can't take care of Joseph and Caroline. The Doctor remembers how he and the other docs at his surgical practice adopted him. He has some side affects though. Against his will, he or a part of his body morphs into something else, e.g. wood or metal. It would be about him struggling through his life, being frozen in time for months at a time, all his relationships failing because of this, until he meets a good friend or a faithful love interest. The government soon finds out about him and they start tracking him down, the friend or wife tells him to hide in the forest, but he soon becomes to in depth with his surroundings. He morphs again, this time into a tree. He stays like this forever, as his friend or wife finds tree Joseph and stays with him. His tree form is permanent and can't be undone.

So whattaya think? I've been thinking of turning it into a novel, but you know. Thanks!

It's a movie about filmmaker roaming movie forums, and one time he finds a thread where people share their ideas. He steals one of them, makes a blockbustr hit, and the real author kills himself and haunts the filmmaker from the grave.

Semper Fooey
The Movie Forum Wars

In the future a rapper named SoulInside befriends an Australian brawler named Powderfinger who walked up to the light but couldn't pass through because he swore at God. This makes him valuable to the Vegans, an alien race intent on conquering Earth so they can turn Earth into a radish farm. They plan to use Heaven as a launching pad for their invasion, but they need Powderfinger to lead their invading army. But they can't find him as SoulInside has betrayed Powderfinger to Juno McGuff who thinks he is the AntiChrist, the current studio head of Dreamworks. She has him bound and tied in her basement and threatens to disembowel him unless he stars her in a remake of 16 Candles. But Powderfinger keeps saying, "Do It!" Psychic Isaac uses his black magic to rescue Powderfinger and turns Juno into exploding botox. The real AntiChrist is revealed to be Dexter Riley whose DJ music proves to be lethal to the Vegans.

A hispanic drug dealer named Jose Ramirez, born in Mexico 1985. Jose grew up surrounded by poverty, gangs and bad influences. At the age of 15 he dropped out of school with no qualifications, this results in him getting involved in drug dealing. By the age of 17, Jose has 3 babies named Jose Ramirez Jr (17th May, 1997), Felipe Ramirez and Juan Ramirez (4th April 1997). He gets married to a 17 year old girl named Ela Ramirez in June 1997. For this reason he decides to stop drug dealing and tries to get a normal job. After 3 months of looking for a job he decides to just give up. This means he had no other option but to go back to his old ways. He doesn't get caught for some time, but on 19th of September 1998 he is arrested. He is kept in a cell overnight and interviewed several times. He is released on bail after 2 days. He is told to appear in court on November 19th. Jose is left with 2 options. 1. Go to court and most likely get sent to jail. 2. Run. These 2 choices make him struggle to sleep at night but in the end he decides to go with option 2, obviously. So him and his family migrate to America, the land of opportunity. They get to America by boat and hitch hiking. Finally they arrive in America but what now? Well Jose meets an old friend of his in America, his name is Marco Gonzalez. He is a very notorious drug dealer, human trafficker and gang member. Marco offers Jose a job, so with nowhere else to turn helpless Jose accepts the job.

A hispanic drug dealer named Jose Ramirez, born in Mexico 1985....
That was actually pretty compelling, good job!

I have 4 ideas I've been developing, but like most of the other people here I don't feel comfortable putting it out in the public domain.. but I will say the genres.. super hero action comedy, sci fi epic thriller, crime thriller and a comedy of social faux pas

okay this sounds like fun, but i will have to make up a new story to participate.. can't use my existing ideas.

here we go..

A young white woman sees a black man stealing from a rolled down car window.
"that man is stealing!" she looks around panicked, but no one is paying attention
the man's eyes focus on her.
we see real fear in her face as she reaches for her phone, hand trembling to call 911
the man starts to move toward her, as she moves away he begins sprinting.
The woman is running now, a foot chase ensues.
she climbs up a ladder trying to escape, but he grabs her ankle.
she falls down on top of him, he smacks his head on the ground because of the force.
trash cans are knocked over, and while the man is disoriented she finds a broken bottle and then stabs him in the neck.
well then it takes a twist, it ends up being a court room drama for a while and the media riles everyone up into thinking she just killed this guy because he was black and it was a hate crime. eventually she gets proven innocent but then she is just afraid at everything in the end of the film, and every time black people go by she has to lock her doors because she has received so many death threats.

what do you guys think?

a man is at a pet store with his dog, a sickly looking skeleton of a beast
the man finishes paying for a new toy, when a nearby customer asks why the dog is so skinny. the man looks disheartened, then says that his building has a 25 lb weight limit for dogs, so he had to lose 20lbs or give him up. people in the store suddenly look horrified upon hearing this news. what a poor dog they gasp.
animal control come and take the dog from him at his home later in the evening, but it's a pitbull. they cannot find a new home for the dog because of the terrible reputation and the dog is put down. the man is beside himself with rage, and he writes a strongly worded letter. it falls on deaf ears, no one cares about his dead dog. so he gets a new puppy and then the state takes that from him too, saying he is never allowed to own another dog.
it's the last straw, the man snaps. he goes to the office at gunpoint, samuel jackson is brought in as a hostage negotiator. the man is talked talked down at the last minute. when he is in jail samuel jackson comes by to visit every once in a while, and he brings his own dog and lets the man play with it.
the end

The Idea:
A biography or bio-fiction about WW2 female Soviet ace Lydia Litvyak. An anime version seems like good choice.

[From Wikipedia] "... she was the first female fighter pilot to shoot down an enemy plane, the first of two female fighter pilots who have earned the title of fighter ace, and the holder of the record for the greatest number of kills by a female fighter pilot. She was shot down near Orel during the Battle of Kursk as she attacked a formation of German planes.
Litvyak displayed a rebellious and romantic character. Returning from a successful mission, she would "buzz" the aerodrome and then indulge in unauthorised aerobatics, knowing that it enraged her commander.
Litvyak could also be superstitious, as Paspotnikova testified:

'She never believed that she was invincible. She believed that some pilots had luck on their side and others didn't. She firmly believed that, if you survived the first missions, the more you flew and the more experience you got your chances of making it would increase. But you had to have luck on your side.'

Despite the predominantly male environment in which she found herself, she never renounced her femininity, and would carry on dyeing her hair blonde, sending her friend Inna Pasportnikova to the hospital to fetch hydrogen peroxide for her.She would fashion scarves from parachute material, dyeing the small pieces in different colours and stitching them together and would not hide her love of flowers, which she picked at every available occasion, favouring red roses. She would make bouquets and keep them in the cockpit, which were promptly discarded by the male pilots who shared her aircraft.

Her comrade Solomatin is believed to have been her fiancé, and after his death she wrote to her mother:

'You see, he was not my type, but his insistence and his love for me convinced me to love him... and now, it seems I will never meet someone like him ever again.'

She was called the "White Lily of Stalingrad" in Soviet press releases; the white lily flower may be translated from Russian as Madonna lily. She has also been called the "White Rose of Stalingrad" in Europe and North America..."

The Dancing King:

Plot: A Skinny guy wants to learn all the dances he can do but one dance he can't do is breakdancing due to his back cause he had two back surgeries when he was in High school.