FromBeyond's 200 Films

→ in
Tools    

Adam & Paul is a really weird film. I'm not sure what i think about it at all, one of their (we don't find out who is Adam and who is Paul i'm correct about that, yeah?) deaths at the end on the bench is the ultimate i don't know whether this is sad or funny moments for me. Depressing? Yeah, not sure if it's not funny as well though.

Grave of the Fireflies didn't work for me at all. Dunno if it was me being told constantly that this would be a life-changing, depressing experience for you or what but either way it didn't affect me much.

I had trouble staying awake for Dracula when I saw it at the movies, but it was the midnight show and I was bleepfaced.

Grave of the Fireflies is brilliant!

Adam & Paul is a really weird film. I'm not sure what i think about it at all, one of their (we don't find out who is Adam and who is Paul i'm correct about that, yeah?) deaths at the end on the bench is the ultimate i don't know whether this is sad or funny moments for me. Depressing? Yeah, not sure if it's not funny as well though.

Grave of the Fireflies didn't work for me at all. Dunno if it was me being told constantly that this would be a life-changing, depressing experience for you or what but either way it didn't affect me much.
Kinda makes me glad I knew nothing off the film before I watched it and it completely took me by surprise and found it very moving.

Can't recall which one is Adam and which one is Paul, I remember a lot of the time they are referred to as Adam & Paul so maybe you are right, also was touched by this movie and found it was very authentic, I was just saddened by the end, didn't find it weird at all.

Kinda makes me glad I knew nothing off the film before I watched it and it completely took me by surprise and found it very moving.

Can't recall which one is Adam and which one is Paul, I remember a lot of the time they are referred to as Adam & Paul so maybe you are right, also was touched by this movie and found it was very authentic, I was just saddened by the end, didn't find it weird at all.
I'm about 99% sure that a running joke in the fllm is that we don't know which is Adam and which one is Paul. Any time either of them do something wrong it's alwats those junkies/scumbags Adam & Paul whether it was just one of them or not. They are well known in the area so they often split up to do things and every time it's Adam & Paul not either one.

I'm saying the end was weird because i found it more funny than sad or touching. Probably just me though.

I'm liking this list! I added End of the Line and Afflicted (which I almost watched before) to my watchlist, but I will watch Child of God first.

I've only seen the original Village of the Damned and I liked that.

178. The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999)

177. Dogville (2003)

176. Dead Man's Shoes (2004)

175. Sexy Beast (2000)

174. Under The Skin (2013)

I love Under the Skin.

Initially, I liked Dogville when I first watched it, but it's a movie that stayed with me for a while. After thinking about it, I honestly think I might dislike it a bit. Not as much as Nymphomaniac, but still. It's a big mixed bag for me that I keep changing my mind on, but I still think it's worth the watch just for the unique experience alone.

I haven't seen most of these. Groundhog Day is good but not a favorite. Grave of the Fireflies is very good but I never want to see it again. I hated Ponyo.

I used to own The Talented Mr. Ripley on VHS, but never watched it and no longer own a VCR. I do like Plein Soleil though so I probably ought to check out The Talented Mr. Ripley at some point.

This might just do nobody any good.
Ooh, I love four of those last five (haven't seen Dead Man's Shoes).

Mr. Ripley is such great, seemingly overlooked film and a great example of how versatile Damon can be. Much like Pitt, he excels when working outside of (or subverting) the leading man molde.

Dogville haunts me. James Caan's monologue has stuck with me for the longest time and the question of about "their best" being enough circles in my head from time to time, applied to real life. Von Trier's toxic worldview is contagious. I have to give him that.

Sexy Beast is mean fun and few performances are as large as Kingsley's. I seriously consider Logan to be on par with f***ing Godzilla.

I also love Under the Skin. It's pure dread. It's also left everyone I suggested it to polarized (a friend outright hated it). I think it's fascinating. It probes at our society and perceptions. It's similar to Ex Machina, if you think about it, in the way it asks what makes humans human and how much can you take away before that humanity is unrecognizable... and how much of it can be easily mimicked.

Mr. Ripley is such great, seemingly overlooked film and a great example of how versatile Damon can be. Much like Pitt, he excels when working outside of (or subverting) the leading man molde.
Absolutely, I was going to mention it, Matt Damon shines when playing morally conflicted roles, I drew many striking parallels between Mr. Ripley and The Departed I could go into in detail, two of his best roles.

Good to see the appreciation for this film, its one of my favourites and I have always thought it to be sorely underrated too

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Great list. Really dig Under the Skin.