My top 100 favorite films of all time.

→ in
Tools    

Please hold your applause till after the me.

Birdman. or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance.

It takes a lot of raw talent to make me feel like a terrible person for being a movie critic and yet not make me hate myself more than I already do. This film changed a lot about the way I view films for the better, and I can do nothing but applaud it for that.

Spider-man 2

While Tom Holland has since taken the crown as the best Spider-man, this was and might still be my favorite interpretation of Spiderman until Homecoming comes out. Sam Raimi managed to tone down the camp that I found rather jarring in the first film to take on darker subjects, but not dark enough to subtract from the films sense of fun. And then you have the train fight sequence, which is one of my favorite super hero fights of all time.

Mean Streets

Yet another Scorsese film I love to no end. While majority of Scorsese's film center around crime, This is the only one that centers more around street gangs, which is something I would like to see him do more of. He keeps the grit real while still managing to add that unique Scorsese flair present in most of his crime films. And I also love Keitels "In the streets" monologue.

I liked Birdman alot but it's one of those films i really don't want to see again because i think i'll not like it anymore, running through it in my head i can't even remember what i really liked about it if i'm honest. Spiderman 2 is another film i'll never revisit; unless i have kids or with my nephews/nieces coz it's an essential part of my childhood that i don't want to risk not liking anymore.

Mean Streets is great.

I liked Casablanca the one time I watched it. I'll be revisiting it soon. Birdman was okay, but didn't blow me away and I don't know if I'll bother watching it again. Also I think it should've ended sooner than it did. Haven't seen the others.

I liked Casablanca the one time I watched it. I'll be revisiting it soon. Birdman was okay, but didn't blow me away and I don't know if I'll bother watching it again. Also I think it should've ended sooner than it did. Haven't seen the others.
Is it because you didn't like the ending or did you just think it should've been shorter? I really liked the ending, think it went well with the weird, neurotic tone of the film and Keatons messed up state of mind. Could see how someone wouldn't though.

This might just do nobody any good.
Spider-Man 2 is probably my favorite superhero movie. Love that Raimi got to go full Evil Dead with the Dock Ock hospital scene.

I think I like Birdman less now. Revenant kind of blew it out of the water, as far as Iñarritu is concerned.

Mean Streets is fantastic. It's probably Scorsese's 4th or 5th best and it's still one of the best of the 70s (which is an amazing accomplishment).

I don't get how Tom Holland could be considered the best Spider-Man already. I mean, I guess he struck people the right way but he was in Civil War for like... 10 minutes?

#Tobey4Lyfe!

Strongly agree with both of these statements:

Mean Streets is fantastic. It's probably Scorsese's 4th or 5th best and it's still one of the best of the 70s (which is an amazing accomplishment).
#Tobey4Lyfe!

Is it because you didn't like the ending or did you just think it should've been shorter? I really liked the ending, think it went well with the weird, neurotic tone of the film and Keatons messed up state of mind.
I hated the bit with him in the hospital or whatever. I thought it should've ended in the scene before that.

I hated the bit with him in the hospital or whatever. I thought it should've ended in the scene before that.
The
WARNING: "birdman" spoilers below
flying out the window
? I don't remember the film clearly enough to remember if anything else happened in the hospital that you wouldn't like that's why i'm asking. That's what i was referring to.

The Incredibles

This film was a pretty important one for Pixar. This film, why'll not my absolute favorite of theirs, is easily on of their most mature films. They don't treat it like a cartoon, the fully acknowledge the fact the the villains would try and kill children if they have to. And I love the world they created, it feels just like an independent comic book.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
+Rep for Cape Fear, The Incredibles, and Reservoir Dogs.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Birdman! Now we're talking!

I'll agree with most people that Spider-Man 2 is probably the best Spider-Man movie we'll ever get. The first is very good as well. Hell, I even like 3.

Platoon

One of my biggest problems with war films is that there isn't much else you can say with them other than war is hell. But this film just portrays it's themes in a way that I can't really describe, but it makes it all the more harrowing when bad stuff happens, it's actually kind of hard for me to explain personally why I love this film so much. But even then, you have the fleeing scene, and you can't just not love that entire sequence.