My top 100 favorite films of all time.

→ in
Tools    

Please hold your applause till after the me.

The Wizard of Oz

This movie is a classic, what more can you say about the infectiously memorable images, themes, lines, and characters.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Even though the flying monkeys scared the heck out of me when I was a kid, I've always loved The Wizard of Oz.

The Raid: Redemption

This is the kind of film that I could watch on mute and still love just as much, this film has some of the best looking and most well choreographed action sequences in the history of cinema. The action sequences look so good that if they were a woman, they would be Scarlett Johansson.

Apollo 13

This is one of the prime examples I like to use of how to make a film based around a true story. Ron Howard directs his ass off in this film, he tells the story and explains the technical's so well to the point that even though I know how the film would end, I was still biting my nails. That is the mark of a well directed film.

Apollo 13

This is one of the prime examples I like to use of how to make a film based around a true story. Ron Howard directs his ass off in this film, he tells the story and explains the technical's so well to the point that even though I know how the film would end, I was still biting my nails. That is the mark of a well directed film.
It still blows me away that Howard didn't even get nominated, even though the film got a Best Picture nomination.

Why do you hate The Wizard of Oz?
From the Fifth Hall of Fame:
So after probably 25 years, I rewatched The Wizard Of Oz.

First and foremost, Dorothy annoyed the hell out of me. I get that she's supposed to be a child (though she certainly doesn't look like one), but she's an idiot. She's a careless, irresponsible moron. Yet somehow Ms. Gulch is the "wicked" one for wanting something done about the dog that bit her and that comes into her yard and chases her cat all time because some entitled bitch can't be bothered to tie a leash on him.

Secondly, the wicked witch and her flying monkey minions were the least creepy thing about the whole movie - and that's saying a lot because I find monkeys creepy in general. Those freaky little munchkins are going to give me nightmares. And Dorothy's companions? Almost as bad.

Third, I had to snicker at the wicked witch's assertion that "poppies will make them sleep." Yes, children, this colorful family musical has just taught you a lesson about the effects of opiates. Take note.

And finally, I should have watched this movie sooner - as in before I had run low on alcohol or at least early enough in the day to get to the store for more.

I don't even know what to rate this right now, but I definitely didn't like it.

Argo

Not a whole lot to say aside from the fact that I think the real life story is extremely intriguing, but this is also the most intense film I've ever seen where not a single gun is fired.

This might just do nobody any good.
Argo was alright. Zero Dark Thirty was a better movie.

The French Connection

Whenever people say they want to watch a film that is centered around realism, I always recommend this one. The film could've earned it's spot in my list just for the infamous car chase, but it is also a nail biting realistic crime thriller.

This might just do nobody any good.
Yes, The French Connection is amazing.

To quote De Palma: "after that car chase, what else is left?"

Reservoir Dogs is a lot lower on my list than most when it comes to Tarantino's work, but it's because I like his films so much. It's still a great movie. One of my favorite pieces in my blu ray collection is the set with the shot glasses, it's so cool.

(Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been pretty busy lately.)

Casablanca

I actually love this film for a quite different reason than most. I see it as a character piece for Rick Blaine (don't know why I put down Flagg), I love seeing the turmoil he's truly going through by both trying to be happy and just do the right thing. But is also a well told story about loss of love, and dare I say it, time gone by.