Actors you now like, but used to dislike?

Tools    

Used to hate Charlize Theron, until I saw Monster.

Used to hate Charlize Theron, until I saw Monster.
…and then you saw Prometheus, right?

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Used to be, I couldn't stand Julianne Moore (Let's face it; Hannibal is terrible and so is her acting in it.), then I saw The Fugitive (Granted, she only had five minutes onscreen.) and decided she wasn't that bad after all. I thought she did pretty good in Non-Stop and Mockingjay - Part 1 too.

I liked Ben Affleck in Daredevil actually. I think in his early career it's the only film I saw him in.
I saw Daredevil. I thought it was the worst movie I had ever seen up until that point.
That was an era that I'm sure Ben pretends never happened.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Used to be, I couldn't stand Julianne Moore (Let's face it; Hannibal is terrible and so is her acting in it.), then I saw The Fugitive (Granted, she only had five minutes onscreen.) and decided she wasn't that bad after all. I thought she did pretty good in Non-Stop and Mockingjay - Part 1 too.
Julianne Moore in Magnolia made be believe she was a terrific actress. Boogie Nights came out before it, but her performance in that movie was not as deep as in Magnolia.
The first movie I remember seeing Julianne Moore in actually was Assassins opposite Sylvester Stallone and Antonio Banderas. It's an underrated movie in my opinion, and she was good in it.

I used to dislike Gwyneth Paltrow until she played Pepper Potts.
I know this is probably unpopular, like my thoughts on Moore above, but I actually never had a problem with her.

Julianne Moore in Magnolia made be believe she was a terrific actress. Boogie Nights came out before it, but her performance in that movie was not as deep as in Magnolia.
The first movie I remember seeing Julianne Moore in actually was Assassins opposite Sylvester Stallone and Antonio Banderas. It's an underrated movie in my opinion, and she was good in it.
That's interesting. I've actually been meaning to check Assassins out.

That's interesting. I've actually been meaning to check Assassins out.
It's directed by, whom I think is one of the greatest directors ever, Richard Donner.
The movie is not what you might call a masterpiece, but it's an enjoyable action drama. It's one of Stallone's better films during his career slump in the mid-90's to mid-00's.

Gosling. Di Caprio started the same way for me.

I actually think Hannibal is really fun.

I liked Ryan Gosling a lot more after Half Nelson. Not a movie but since he won the oscar over Gosling that year, i liked Forrest Whitaker after watching The Shield.

Probably Leo at some point after Titanic too, maybe Catch Me If You Can i can't really remember though.

I used to really not like Richard Gere until An Officer and a Gentleman. I thought he was great in that. Then Breathless and King David came along and he almost lost me again. He's been hit-and-miss throughout the years, but I really liked him in Primal Fear and The Mothman Prophecies. I need to see more of his films.

I used to hate Matt Lucas with a passion but I have to admit, he wasn't too bad in the 2015 Doctor Who Christmas Special The Husbands of River Song.
Matt Lucas used to be great in the Nineties keeping the scores on Shooting Stars. It's the funniest thing he's ever done.

"I shall have my pewter tankard!"

Matt Lucas used to be great in the Nineties keeping the scores on Shooting Stars. It's the funniest thing he's ever done.

"I shall have my pewter tankard!"
I was only a baby (1995) or toddler (1996) in 90s.

I used to really not like Richard Gere until An Officer and a Gentleman. I thought he was great in that. Then Breathless and King David came along and he almost lost me again. He's been hit-and-miss throughout the years, but I really liked him in Primal Fear and The Mothman Prophecies. I need to see more of his films.
I saw him recently in Autumn in New York and I thought he was good in that. Winona Ryder was good in it as well, and she isn't somebody I particularly rate. I feel like it's a case of not seeing enough of their films to have a solid opinion of how good they are.

I was only a baby (1995) or toddler (1996) in 90s.
So was he.

You must have a look on YouTube for clips of him in his heyday.

Jeremy Renner's another actor I like now that I've seen him more. Which is handy as I do want to see Arrival.