Actors you now like, but used to dislike?

Tools    

In my case John Cusack, who for some reason I didn't respond to at all until I saw Grosse Pointe Blank. Prior to this it had been films such as The Grifters and Con Air.

I'm coming around on Paul Dano. Also, as long as Wes Anderson keeps casting him, Adrian Brody. Those two used to drive me nuts.

In my case John Cusack, who for some reason I didn't respond to at all until I saw Grosse Pointe Blank. Prior to this it had been films such as The Grifters and Con Air.
So glad to hear that Cusack has grown on you, he's an actor I have always liked. Just saw The Grifters for the first time about six months ago. May I also recommend Better off Dead, Serendipity, 1408, and The Sure Thing.

Seconded.

Also I've warmed to Ben Affleck after seeing him in State of Play and The Town.
The Departed was, hands down, Leo's best performance and as I've stated before on these boards, I think he could have won his first Oscar for it, if he had been nominated for it instead of Blood Diamond.

So glad to hear that Cusack has grown on you, he's an actor I have always liked. Just saw The Grifters for the first time about six months ago. May I also recommend Better off Dead, Serendipity, 1408, and The Sure Thing.
I think I was aware of The Grifters being a really good film, but he got lost in it somewhere. If I saw it again now I'd probably have a different take on it (I must have seen it last in the mid Nineties).

Serendipity is very good, although I think I got to a stage where I'd seen it a bit too much. I think the last thing I saw him in was Must Love Dogs, which perhaps tried to do the same thing but wasn't anywhere near as successful.

I think he's better as the main character, at least that's what I felt about Grosse Pointe Blank with all the deadpanning, which I thought was Bill Murray-like, really. Identity was also a good one.

I liked Must Love Dogs.
So did I, I just didn't think it was as successful as Serendipity.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Thanks to how funny he was in both of the 21 Jump Street flicks, Channing Tatum.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Tom Cruise I use to totally hate this guy before because of that Scientology thing and because his role was always the same to me but then I watch the movie Edge Of Tomorrow and I became a fan of him

I will second Channing Tatum. Also Ben Affleck and Matthew Mcconaughey have really stepped it up IMO.

I've never really hated Leonardo DiCaprio he was just "that guy from Titanic" to me until I saw the Departed, in which he blew me away.

My big one was Channing Tatum, oh god I couldn't stand him until 21 Jump Street, I like Tatum now and love his comedy side but I still don't see him as Gambit.

And Sam Worthington, back when Hollywood was shoving him down our throats I couldn't stand him in anything besides Avatar, but now since I've started to see him pop up in supporting roles in stuff like Everest and smaller movies I'm starting to see that he isn't a bad actor like I initially thought and am starting to appreciate him more.

Some actors and the films that changed my mind of them:

Ben Affleck
The Town

John Cusack
The Grifters

Leonardo DiCaprio
Inception

Colin Farrell
In Bruges

Matthew McConaughey
Tropic Thunder

Channing Tatum
21 Jump Street

I think I was aware of The Grifters being a really good film, but he got lost in it somewhere. If I saw it again now I'd probably have a different take on it (I must have seen it last in the mid Nineties).

Serendipity is very good, although I think I got to a stage where I'd seen it a bit too much. I think the last thing I saw him in was Must Love Dogs, which perhaps tried to do the same thing but wasn't anywhere near as successful.

I think he's better as the main character, at least that's what I felt about Grosse Pointe Blank with all the deadpanning, which I thought was Bill Murray-like, really. Identity was also a good one.
He was really good in Must Love Dogs but Diane Lane was terrible and had no chemistry with Cusack. He was excellent in Grosse Point Black, a severely underrated black comedy.

He was really good in Must Love Dogs but Diane Lane was terrible and had no chemistry with Cusack. He was excellent in Grosse Point Black, a severely underrated black comedy.
It was on – yesterday I think it was – and I saw a tiny bit of it. I don't think Diane Lane was terrible in it (though I am biased), but I agree that she and Cusack weren't a particularly good combination.

Jamie Foxx. Django Unchained made me change my mind about him

Ben Affleck. The Town made me change my mind about him.
I liked Ben Affleck in Daredevil actually. I think in his early career it's the only film I saw him in.